Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2024 3:42:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I've yet to find a perfect solution. Currently I'm using some refurb Anker buds. The hardest part for me is finding ones that fit well under my helmet including donning and doffing which eliminated basically all my existing stuff. They don't have great wind protection. I haven't played with replacement buds that are flanged or foam to really seal up but I think that will probably be the best solution for wind noise.

I think you need the external control box but some put the control buttons too close to the earpiece so it's in or right up against the helmet and hard to manipulate. For a long time I was using the cheap sony plug in earbuds that were $10-$15 and they worked great but the new phones killed the jack.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Sena system mounted in my helmet and wear plugs when going highway speeds.  I keep a set of these on my keychain.

Amazon Product
  • PROTECT YOUR HEARING from harmful noise levels at loud events. Cut out excess sound from everyday life and your favorite activities.
  • PRESERVES SOUND QUALITY with our patent pending innovative attenuation filters. Reduces noise evenly to maintain the full spectrum of sound while protecting hearing. Won't muffle music or voices as foam plugs do.
  • GET THE PERFECT FIT with two pairs of different sized earplug shells included with every order. Fits most normal to large ear sizes. Insert the included pair of attenuation filters into preferred shell size and earplugs are ready for immediate use!

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to use a Sena SMH10 and a Cardo Packtalk Bold with foam earplugs in. Worked well enough but the speakers would press on my ears and really irritate them to the point of being painful on long trips. I prefer no music with foam plugs.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:16:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Foam works pretty well I used them for a long time. Once I did music I won't go back. I've never had speakers in my helmet but had bad luck with earbuds that didn't seal because the wind was loud enough that you had to crank them up high. No way I didn't burn up some extra long term hearing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I use ear plugs and a helmetheadset, seems to be the only comfortable solution.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top