Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a PVS-31 battery pack in a TNVC Mowhawk (I think that's the name) and a few tire weights.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#4]
lol

Well done OP.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 6:26:15 PM EDT
[#5]
OP who makes the thumb screw on your pvs14?
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 6:39:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry man, wish I had an answer for you but I don't know.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Not gonna lie, I once used a rock as a counter weight on a night mission in Iraq.

During pre flight I noticed my bean bag counter weight was missing, and I didn't have time to return to the ALSE shop guy for a new one so I looked around and found several flat rocks.  One of them fit perfect and I didn't notice the weight difference if there was one??
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:
I should probably clarify, it's to balance out my 7 year old son's helmet.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/188236/1000014125_jpg-3195392.JPG
View Quote

You should definitely add more weight to your developing child’s skeletal system. He’ll love that later on down the road.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:

You should definitely add more weight to your developing child’s skeletal system. He’ll love that later on down the road.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:
I should probably clarify, it's to balance out my 7 year old son's helmet.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/188236/1000014125_jpg-3195392.JPG

He drinks whole milk.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#10]
OP - Not seeing a lot of difference between the Ping Ping and the TNVC based on the pics.

Run and see what happens but I’m guessing they will both hold up fine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 10:00:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By chaas67:
OP - Not seeing a lot of difference between the Ping Ping and the TNVC based on the pics.

Run and see what happens but I’m guessing they will both hold up fine.
View Quote

The TNVC is tactical tailor made and definitely miles ahead in materials and quality. Now is this an item that warrants an $82 price difference? Ping ping was 20 shipped and tnvc was 102 shipped. I've had a Mohawk for a couple years on another helmet  and it's held up just fine.

But I also really try to take care of my head so it's not banging into a lot.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 10:09:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Whiskey1Alpha] [#12]

This.

I have a LOT of night vision.

I have the Mohawk from when it was first a thing and I have some of the ones from the link. If you took the labels off, I could not tell you which was which as the stitching and build quality are exactly the same. No IR differences from testing and the velcro stands up to use on both.

There is literally next to no difference between them and there sure as hell isn't $70 in difference.

eta - The comparison pics were posted above. Basically an area looks double stitched on the Mohawk.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top