Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2024 9:58:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TarzanT]
Hello all!  Someone dumped two wonderful pups at my house a couple months ago.  They were running the woods behind my house and even survived a brutal snowy, cold weather storm.  I’ve got them penned up now, but I can’t keep them.  I don’t have a fenced yard and the neighbors had threatened to shoot them if they found the dogs on their property again.  The local shelters and even animal control have refused to help.  They claim they have no room.  These are two great pups that need help.  Both are female with one being between 1-2 years old and the other under a year.  I leave on a trip in a week and will have to let them loose to fend for themselves.  Please help!

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

ETA.  I’ve found a foster shelter that will find them a new home.  They are getting settled in and scheduled for vet appointments.  Thanks for all the help and encouragement.  

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a fence in your pictures?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ODA_564:
View Quote

That’s a temp fence I put up to ‘kennel’ them.  It’s about 15’x25’.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TarzanT:

That's a temp fence I put up to 'kennel' them.  It's about 15'x25'.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That's a temp fence I put up to 'kennel' them.  It's about 15'x25'.

Board them while you're gone.  Turning them loose is wrong.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Board them while you're gone.  Turning them loose is wrong.
View Quote

I wish I could!  The only place that has availability won’t take them without them having all their shots. The only vet that will see them for shots can’t get to them until April 25th (I booked that appointment 3 weeks ago ‘just in case’).  

I’d really like to catch the SOB who dumped them in the first place.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:36:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#5]
Op, please don’t turn them loose again.

Edit: I can help with transportation north if needed.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
Op, please don’t turn them loose again.

Edit: I can help with transportation north if needed.
View Quote

I really don’t want to.  I just need a home (foster or permanent) for them.  I’d happily drive them to wherever they need to go.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:36:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StillGonnaSendIt] [#7]
Hello all!  Someone dumped two wonderful pups at my house a couple months ago.  They were running the woods behind my house and even survived a brutal snowy, cold weather storm.  I’ve got them penned up now, but I can’t keep them.  I don’t have a fenced yard and the neighbors had threatened to shoot them if they found the dogs on their property again.  The local shelters and even animal control have refused to help.  They claim they have no room.  These are two great pups that need help.  Both are female with one being between 1-2 years old and the other under a year.  I leave on a trip in a week and will have to let them loose to fend for themselves.  Please help!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/335094/IMG_1491_jpeg-3163475.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/335094/IMG_1494_jpeg-3163480.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/335094/IMG_1486_jpeg-3163482.JPG
View Quote

1) in sure the feds would have a word with them for federal animal abuse violations

2) looks like a beagle or a harrier can’t tell height and obviously have no DNA. IF BEAGLE OR HARRIER WILL BE QUITE EASY TO REHOME

3) If beagle or harrier you could also get yuge money

4). I’m in NC let me ask around

ETA: sent pics one is gonna talk to their wife. Can’t make any promises.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:12:56 AM EDT
[#8]
bump
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:05:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uncle_big_green] [#9]
Good on you, OP. Glad you found a place to take them. Your next step is to go punch your shitty neighbors for being shitty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top