Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2020 10:03:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toblerone]
Authored by Daisy Luther via The Organic Prepper blog,

The lockdown that recently took place due to the pandemic was like a practice run for a bigger SHTF event. Many of our prepper theories played out and were accurate, while others weren’t as realistic as we thought beforehand.

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/heres-what-75-preppers-learned-during-lockdown
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 10:21:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Good aar to review.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 11:19:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Not a lot of men represent in that but it did have some good info.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mo98:
Not a lot of men represent in that but it did have some good info.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2020 8:57:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy cat herders batman
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Read like at least half of them were not preppers of any sort, prior to the pandemic...
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 5:57:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 6:28:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Getting a 404 error message.

Must have been cancel cultured.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 7:16:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:59:53 AM EDT
[#9]
cliff notes?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:26:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cycolac:
Getting a 404 error message.

Must have been cancel cultured.
View Quote

Try this link: https://peakoil.com/generalideas/heres-what-75-preppers-learned-during-the-lockdown
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for link and I read a lot of it, but we each went through the lockdown, we know where we were lacking.

When it all started, I was in the gym locker room and realized I didn't have my workout shorts!  So I decided to go to the store and buy some toilet paper....OMGOSH.  It was pretty crazy, but no panic.  One guy even handed me a package out of the boxes people were opening up (pile of boxes placed in the isle, no time to stock shelves).  I had a lot of fun cracking jokes.  My state was the last to get a confirmed case and I was still shaking hands with strangers then.  

I had bought up a lot just before people started the TP craze and my father picked up two more packages as the news broke.  I also found several more small packs at a gas station/packette.   I further "called in reserves" from a rental property I own.

My sister-in-law was crazy though......clearly no planning at all.....she had no food!  I offered to ship her some canned goods and even drive down there (400 miles one-way) to deliver it if necessary.  

I offered to send some TP to a friend who had "two rolls."  She is very terrified of guns so I am not surprised she wasn't the least bit prepared.  

I ordered some more defensive pistol ammo just as things got rolling.....glad I did.  

I managed to score one large container of hand sanitzier just as it sold out.  My parents and I have kept a small bottle in every car and it was time to refill those.  Nothing new, we've been using that stuff as soon as we get back to a car for years.

I realized once hand sanitizer was gone, soap would be next, so I bought up a ton of that and again called upon rental house reserves.  

I am still keeping good stocks of most everything.  Hopefully ammo prices will come down and I can start stocking up per caliber.  I'd like 40K rounds per caliber but I need to win the lottery first.  LOL
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#12]
canning lids are the only thing I let slack, but a bit more fuel for the generator would help even though I did not have to use it.
I liked Pam's advice on the tonic water having Quinine in it.
last night 9/21/2021 the bbc news stated that Italy has not had rain in 5 months and their crops are failing miserably.  the Italian government has issued a warning that there will be massive food shortages and that their secondary water sources are drying up.  no more watering lawns, flowers, shade trees, washing cars, etc. their lakes are drying up, "sound familiar"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top