Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2023 11:27:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rustybob]
Looking to get a new platform stand up bike rack.  I curently have a Fultilt 5 for when the famly goes places and a hold up 2.  The hold up wont fit my new fat bike and  99% of the time its just me and my fat bike or my fuel.  So Im looking for a single bike platform rack.  Right now Im looking at a few: Yakima single speed,  1up EquipD single, 1up 2" super duty single.  Things Id like: something I can leave in the hitch long term so it needs to fit close and if it folds even better but needs to clear the hatch on my outback.  I would also like something with a 2" hitch not a 1.25 with a spacer for a 2"

Top on my list is the Equip D as it seams to be the most refined and will fit the fat bike as is. But it is the most costly at 530.00 + shipping.
Next is the super duty as it fits the closted and seams very ruggid but after the fat bike kit its going to be 470.00 + shipping
last is the Single Speed it is both the lease costly but I have also not been that impressed with the hold up I have.  Not unhappy just not impressed.  Also only comes as a 1.25" with spacerCost is 298.00 shipped from amazon.

Any that I am missing and should look at?  Thoughts on the above?
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#1]
1UP is Tier 1, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 12:07:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the 1UP 2" heavy duty and would 100% recommend it.  Worth every penny I paid for it and the hitch.

Link Posted: 6/26/2023 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]
1up

Extremely well built, look better than the plastic racks, the company will work with you if you need something non-standard, and you can buy replacement parts that bolt into place.

The locks they sell with it are fine for casual theft but buy different locks if you think you'll need actual protection. I recently took a round file to mine in order to fit a 1/2" Masterlock.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 12:37:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Whamo] [#4]
Another 1up owner here. I have a double and the fat bike spacers for one.

My friend has a double from Rocky Mounts and it will accommodate a Fatty. It's not as nice as my 1up but it's a very good rack.

ETA: Be careful, 1up owners are a cult  
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 6:58:04 AM EDT
[#5]
The 1 up dose seam to be the best.  It also costs the most.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Spend the money, 1up single then you can get the add on if you have a friend.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I also just purchased a 1up rack for my Jeep Wrangler. I got the 2" Super Duty Single with the 2" hitch extender to clear the spare tire. I love it and highly recommend it. Not cheap as others have noted, but worth it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 8:06:10 PM EDT
[#8]
So Im leaning hard to the 1 up.  Dose anyone leave it on the car long term.  I would like to do this and the 1 up is all metal so it should hold up better to this?
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 5:35:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I leave my 1up on car for most of spring til fall. It gets a wash when I wash my car and lubed up with spray lube of whatever I have laying around.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 9:35:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: corwin1968] [#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rustybob:
So Im leaning hard to the 1 up.  Dose anyone leave it on the car long term.  I would like to do this and the 1 up is all metal so it should hold up better to this?
View Quote
I take mine off when it's clear that it will be cold enough for me to not be hauling my bike anywhere for a few months.  I see no problem with leaving it on year round.  

I know that when I bought mine, you had to get the 2" version to be able to lock it to your hitch, rather than just relying on the large allen key gadget to hold it in place and keep it secure.

This is, by far, the best review I've seen and it's what pushed me over the edge to spend the money.  I haven't used any other platform racks, but I cannot imagine anything working better than the 1UP.  It's clear the rack is fairly new to him, since he fumbles a bit with the controls.  Once you are used to them, it's far easier and quicker than he makes it look.  Also, his has a lot of side-to-side wobble, that my 2" heavy duty doesn't have.  

1up USA Bike Rack "Quik-Rack" Detailed Review

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/29/2023 9:24:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By WWolfe:
1UP is Tier 1, IMO.
View Quote

This...  When we had our 2 bike Super Duty mounted on my wife's Crosstrek and locked in the vertical position, her tailgate cleared.  Getting them for a 2" receiver is not a problem.  Getting them set up for fatties is not a problem.  

We've since grown it with a single bike add-on, and I've added an Ez-Pull to make titling it easy when it's loaded with bikes.  It mostly lives on my Jeep now.  We've got 7 or 8 years on it.  I'd buy another one in a heart beat.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 9:27:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Dose anyone leave it on the car long term.
View Quote

Our rack has spent maybe a couple of months not mounted on the back of one of our vehicles.  It's doing fine.  I suspected I'll have to replace the reflector tape some day, but that day has not come.

I did add red clearance lights on the back corners since it does extend back a fair bit.  Pop riveted them to the rack, then ran wires to the 4-pin connected on the hitch.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 4:37:09 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote
I installed a Stealth Hitch 3 years ago thinking I'd remove the 1up regularly.
In those 3 years I've never removed the 1up for more than 20 minutes.
It's still in great shape.

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#15]
1up with fat bike kit ordered this morning thanks guys.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

You won't be sorry.  Welcome to the cult.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
Pictures of Fat Bike?  
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By corwin1968:
Pictures of Fat Bike?  
View Quote

Not much to take pics of right now got of a song of facebook and it is now all over my work bench.  Needed a new BB and chain so doing the full drive train and going tubless.  Its a 2016 fatboy.  Plan is for winter bike thoughts on studs or no studs on the tires?
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 6:42:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Dog] [#19]

Not much to take pics of right now got of a song of facebook and it is now all over my work bench.  Needed a new BB and chain so doing the full drive train and going tubless.  Its a 2016 fatboy.  Plan is for winter bike thoughts on studs or no studs on the tires?
View Quote

I think my BIL runs stuffed studded tired on his fatties.   He's in Sioux Falls.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

I have this rack as well. Works great.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone using the one up on a GX460? Curious if it clears the swinging door in one of the positions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top