Posted: 3/17/2024 12:23:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Holley Carburetor Choke Adjustment Tips
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Did you watch the entire video?  The last half talks about adjusting your high idle speed screw.  If you’re not comfortable with 1600 RPM, drop it down a little.  
Your throttle won’t drop after a few minutes because that how you have it adjusted.
Length of time is dependent on the adjustment of the black housing with the heat coil inside it.  Verify you have 12V with ignition in run mode.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:17:11 AM EDT
[#4]

I mean I understand how high idle is supposed to work. Assuming it's correct, could the blades be sticking open? Did you check to make sure the new gasket isn't hangin the blades open? Are you sure you are returning to fully closed? Is there a vacuum leak perhaps?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm guessing by the previous posts that Holleys don't have a high idle cam that you have to kick off?

On edelbrocks the high idle cam is set by pushing the pedal to the floor.  It won't kick off unless you touch the gas again.  The choke can doesn't have enough power to pull it off the cam on its own.

Unless I have mine all dicked up
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If I understand them correctly, they have a stepdown cam.
View Quote

Yes.  1600 RPM was full cam, maybe 1300 and 900 then idle.  Cam slowly moves as the temp coil heats up and expands taking tension off it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top