Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2024 11:18:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GGtar122]
It's a Denon AVR-S900W. The front left channel died and I can't seem to get it back. Its powering a 5.2 system (Polk center, book shelves and in wall surrounds. Unknown subwoofers (15" and 12"").

I'm looking for suggestions on a replacement.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the process of looking for a receiver myself. Currently deciding between the Denon X3800H and the Onkyo RZ50.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 1:59:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in the same boat. I'm having issues with my receiver. Having been out of the home theater scene for many years now, I have no idea what to replace it with.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#3]
It died TWICE?
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:
It died TWICE?
View Quote

Yes. It was very tragic. And expensive. I'm trying to save for night vision stuff!!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 12:34:21 AM EDT
[#5]
My Denon AV receiver lasted 8 years and then I replaced it with a Yamaha Aventage RX-A1000 that lasted 12.  It just died and I replaced it with a new Yamaha Aventage RX-A2A and it's sweet.

Also have a Samsung soundbar in another room,  but the Yamaha stands tall with a ton of features.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Denon AV receivers tend to have class leading objective performance out of the mainstream brands.  But that's actually not a big deal, as we're not lab equipment, and we're unlikely to run these things loud enough for the differences in distortion to become audible.

That said, Denon also uses Audessey room correction, which IME works really well. Onkyo uses Dirac now, which is supposed to be better, but requires more manual tweaking.

Yamaha has the most responsive phone app remote, and it opens quickly, and is stable. Denon's phone app remote is very buggy, and takes like 5 seconds to open to the point it's usable. YPAO is a decent room correction system IME as well.

Sony and Pioneer use in house room correction systems, and IME they're not very good, and only level match, no PEQ.

I've never owned a Marantz AVR, so I have no opinion on them.

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#7]
replace that channels MOSFET

much cheaper
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:16:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I’ve been happy with my pioneers, no issues and bought cheap on eBay. 5.1

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top