[Last Edit: HDLS] [#1]
Am I in before “cartel hit”?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:54:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hanschien:
4,709 sq-ft considered a mansion?
View Quote

Everything in that subdivision is a 5000 sq ft cookie cutter. There are mansions around there, though. That area was pretty high end last time I visited, maybe 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:04:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: electrojk] [#3]
Originally Posted By doyouquaxu:

Where's the poor part of Newport Beach?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By doyouquaxu:
Originally Posted By Russkie:
The cops only gave a shit because it was in the rich hood

Where's the poor part of Newport Beach?

By the beach?

We spent almost a week there in 2017. Rental was a block from the beach. Place didn't even have AC.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By HDLS:

“…there were four people inside the home — a man, two women and a child — when the apparent home invasion took place...”
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StevenH:
Originally Posted By Malhass:
I’m curious to know what does the home owner do for living…

The home is a rental and the occupants are four Chinese nationals

“…there were four people inside the home — a man, two women and a child — when the apparent home invasion took place...”

We have a member here who is a long time member of that community. I trust him with my life and he says it’s a rental occupied by four Chinese nationals. I have zero reason to not believe him.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:46:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HDLS] [#5]

We have a member here who is a long time member of that community. I trust him with my life and he says it’s a rental occupied by four Chinese nationals. I have zero reason to not believe him.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Malhass:
I’m curious to know what does the home owner do for living…

The home is a rental and the occupants are four Chinese nationals

My post didn’t contradict what you posted.

If you had elaborated with more specifics on the four, besides just their nationality, it might have clarified if the 4 people present during the home invasion are the same 4 Chinese nationals you’re referring to.  

Is there any reason not to believe what the police have reported in regards to who was present in the house at the time?

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:53:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By UV18:

Umm... no.

By the time you get a tactical team and a Bearcat, the shooting is likely over.

They are likely serving the warrant on a murder case. No one has cleared the residence, no idea if it was 2 or 3 suspects, where is the suspect's car, and so on. Unknown is better to go safe, especially in a liberal cesspool.
View Quote

Good post. Thanks.
Perspective matters.  Mine was off.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:27:43 AM EDT
[#7]
UPDATE!
Intruder who stormed $7M mansion in ultra-posh Newport Beach gated community with accomplice who was shot dead by homeowner, is charged with felonies - as it's revealed they had guns, zip ties and rope
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13330321/Intruder-stormed-Newport-Beach-mansion-armed-guns-rope.html

The men who stormed into a Newport Beach, California mansion, earlier this week were armed with guns, zip ties and rope.
Andrew Miguel Rosas, 24, from Pomona was one of the duo who managed to break into the gated community in the early hours of Tuesday, allegedly with the intentions of carrying out a robbery.
His accomplice was fatally shot in the head, but both men were wearing dark clothing and masks when they were dropped off at the exclusive $7 million home in what appeared to be a carefully calculated home invasion according to Orange County Superior Court records, as seen by the LA Times.

Rosas was arrested on Tuesday and now faces charges of first-degree burglary, first-degree robbery, carrying a loaded firearm in public and conspiring to commit a crime - all felonies.
Investigators continue to remain tight-lipped as they try to piece together the events that unfolded just before 4:45am on Tuesday morning during what cops said was a 'targeted attack' at the two-story mansion on Vista Luci.

By the time police officers were on the scene, Rosas was discovered lying in the street with gunshot wounds, while a handgun was found nearby.
Located in the Newport Coast neighborhood, the 4,709-square foot home was being rented by a family of rich Chinese nationals, according to DailyMail.com sources with knowledge of the case.
Neighbors said they heard screams at the time the home invasion was taking place in the usually quiet cul-de-sac, which only has 10 other sprawling mansions.

'This is a targeted incident and it was isolated,' Newport Beach Police Sgt. Steve Oberon told Fox11, adding the family was not necessarily attacked for a robbery.

Sources with close knowledge of the situation told DailyMail.com the violent incident was in fact a kidnapping attempt.

This was not the first time an incident has occurred at the Vista Luci home.
Sources said the same suspects also attempted to accost the residents about 10 days earlier.

Newport Beach Police have declined to comment citing their ongoing investigation.
The man who shot the intruder, along with two women and a child, were evacuated from the home and were not injured, cops said.

'I just want to assure the Newport Beach residents that this is a safe community,' Oberon said. 'We know that there is a relationship between the two suspects and victims/the residents.'
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:20:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Real estate out there is lit! Four days ago it was a five million dollar mansion, now it's worth seven million. Jerome Powell not gonna like dat.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top