Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Golf
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2024 10:50:58 PM EDT
What is everyone using for putting practice at home?  

I have a hitting net and a ball tracker, but need a good way to practice putting at home.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

I need an actual putting mat though.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

This, a putting mat

It can help you with a consistent stroke but only time on real greens will dial your speed
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been looking at putting mats for weeks.  Some are cheap junk and others $$$.  Many of them seem to roll up on the edges and not lay flat and some develop a rut or groove in the middle that will never go away.  I guess you also need to put them on a wood or tile floor as it would be flatter and more consistent than laying it down on carpet.  

There are several YouTube reviews of a lot of different mats.  Due to limited space, I'm looking for one no longer than eight feet and would prefer one with a ball return.  Might go with the one that Dustin Johnson is affiliated with (Perfect Practice - newer version 5 model).
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BigPolska

This, a putting mat

It can help you with a consistent stroke but only time on real greens will dial your speed
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigPolska

This, a putting mat

This is true. Mine is rated at a 10 stimp so it does roll well. But my practice is just to work on my stroke and the mirror works great for head alignment. It looks like there’s a groove in mine but there’s not. I had just got done vacuuming it and then rolled a few. Damn dogs like to lay on it if it’s out.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#6]
A 13 foot Wellputt mat and a puttout.  I’ve tried several mats over the years and this one rolls nice.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I ended up getting a puttout mat with a puttout cup. I’m happy so far with it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 7 foot putting carpet with a cup in the middle, a fake water hazard on the left, and a fake bunker on the right.  I bought it off Amazon a few years ago for about $40 bucks...

I made a video of my 5 different golf putters from various decades:
1973 Ping Pal, 1983 Ping B60, 1996 Odyssey DF-550,
2000 "Clone" of an Odyssey Rossie, 2010 Odyssey White Hot 2.0 XG #1.
Sorry for the "gurgling" sound in the video - that's from my 30 gallon fish aquarium.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I went ahead and got the 9.5 foot Perfect Practice mat since it was on sale on Amazon. I got the version 5 and it is indeed perfect. It lays flat right out of the box and rolls true. Very pleased with it and the ball return feature is great. It was about $155 delivered.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:36:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I use the Putting Thing.  I've been working on squaring up the face at impact and it has helped.  You can adjust the gates to make it easier or harder.  I'll hit across the carpet into an old ball return.  I'm not worried about pace.  I'm usually pretty good with that.  

Page General » Golf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top