Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2024 10:57:37 PM EDT
Why do my hotlinks constantly disappear from threads? It's not all of them , but a lot of them.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/San-Bernardino-Deputy-Sheriff-arrested-on-gun-charges-Full-auto-Silencer-etc/5-2717473/
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:00:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Make sure your browser / computer isn't infected. Auto removal could be affiliate or malicious links getting removed.  So scan your stuff.

Also try switching browsers.

You can always make a dead link and let some snarky asshole make it hot for you in the first couple of posts.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GoatBoy:

Are you talking about while you are creating a post or when it's displaying? Just your posts? I don't think it's anything on our side.
View Quote
I will make a post, and insert a hot link. After I create the post, the link will be there and working, but seems like half of my post, when I go back the hotlink is gone.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:30:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:49:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GoatBoy:

Ok that doesnt sound right at all. Can you test that here? Either start a new thread in tech support or edit this one above. If you have a thread (specific one) that has broken like this, I need the link to the post or a little more info on where to look and I can try to see if there's something goofy going on.
View Quote
The link I posted in the OP is one that is broken.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:50:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Test link

TEST LINK
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:50:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:15:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: barrysuperhawk] [#8]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:42:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 1:25:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: caduckgunner] [#10]
I past the url in the link and then type "link" or whatever description in the the bottom box. I can do it and snip it tomorrow if you need me to. I also added test link in lower case above after I snipped it, but you can see the dead link.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 1:30:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:17:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: caduckgunner] [#12]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:19:18 PM EDT
[#13]
This is what is frustrating, is sometimes it works fine, and sometimes it doesn't work at all.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:13:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
I will make a post, and insert a hot link. After I create the post, the link will be there and working, but seems like half of my post, when I go back the hotlink is gone.
View Quote
Oh, that's a problem I complained about a long time ago.  It got fixed once or twice, but then broke again.   The simple solution is to always click the BBCODE button in the upper RT corner before inserting your link.   It will always work then.   Otherwise, if you don't click on BBCODE first, then yeah, half the time you post a link, it looks good, but then it doesn't get saved as a hot link.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top