Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/19/2024 12:28:00 PM EDT
House advances $95B foreign aid package covering Ukraine, Israel – final vote set for Saturday - 151 Republicans in favor

The vote was 316-94 with 165 Democrats voting yes and 151 Republicans also voting yes.

The GOP-led House voted Friday in favor of advance a roughly $100 billion foreign aid bills that includes funding for Ukraine and Israel, setting up a final vote this weekend.

The vote was 316-94 with 165 Democrats voting yes and 151 Republicans also voting yes. There were 39 Democrats and 55 Republicans who voted against the rule.

The funding bill also includes money for Taiwan.

The Israel Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, the Ukraine Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, the Indo-Pacific Security Supplemental Appropriations Act and the 21st Century Peace through Strength Act are each included in the legislative package.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
they hate us.  both parties.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#2]
With friends like that, who needs enemies...
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:29:41 PM EDT
[#3]
All of our money for everyone but ourselves.

Modern day tax bees being robbed of our honey.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RIP-Yataski:
With friends like that, who needs enemies...
View Quote

Bingo
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Burn it all down and start over.  Both parties hate the American public.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#6]
95 fucking billion.  That we don't have and need to borrow.  That further devalues the dollar.

These people hate our fucking guts to the core.

Our biggest enemy isn't China or Russia, it's Congress and all that support them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:34:53 PM EDT
[#7]
nice

suck it Russia

hoping for full passage ASAP
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#8]
And when I tell people I hate Republicans as much as Democrats, they get pissed off at me and think I'm the enemy
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Yay more money made out of thin air.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:50:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Morlawn66] [#10]
Nothing for the border like he said earlier.

Uke Border Patrol gets $300 Million , per Charlie Kirk .
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Don’t save your money, it becomes more worthless by the second
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By jd2395:
View Quote

No, this is simple. They support freedom and you don't. Many in the Republican Party still love freedom, some don't anymore.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:57:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Good.  I'm glad we are back to treating national security as an American issue, versus a Republican/Democratic one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#14]
IN before you know who.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Chisum:

No, this is simple. They support freedom and you don't. Many in the Republican Party still love freedom, some don't anymore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

May I ask why you come across as hating America ?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Did Ukraine's bounty program for Russians to defect have any success?

You'd think we could just buy half of the Russian military for $95 billion.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#17]
And not a single dollar for border security.

Great job guys. Really doing gods work up there in DC.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:03:55 PM EDT
[#18]
We are $35 trillion in debt.  Why should we add more debt for other people to fight their stupid wars?

We don't need to be giving any money to anyone.  We have enough domestic welfare queens.  We sure as hell don't need any foreign ones.

Piss on both parties for being idiots.  These elected officials are morons.  Of course what do they care?  Most of them are already rich and it ain't their money.  Besides, these foreign lobbyists like AIPAC will make sure plenty of campaign money is doled out come election time.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:04:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Krater:
Good.  I'm glad we are back to treating national security as an American issue, versus a Republican/Democratic one.
View Quote
Like the millions flowing into this country? That they didn't advance a single dollar of funding to deal with?

That national security? or Ukraine's national security?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:12:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Corruption on both sides to the point it doesn't even matter anymore.
They are just there to steal our money.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By NDHojo:

May I ask why you come across as hating America ?
View Quote

I'm a Vet, my sworn allegiance is to America. I support the best interests of my country and its allies and friends. I don't hate America, I hate those who seek to destroy our country from within. Are you one of them?

Why are you so anxious to harm our economy and that of our trade partners? Why are you so excited to support tyrants who seek to harm us and destroy our interests? Europe is one of our biggest trade partners. Have you given a single thought to how many American jobs would be lost to Russia or China?  The Ultra Right and Left are no friends of Liberty. Isolationism is a threat to all America stands for. That isn't hate, it is a fact.

"EU trade relations with the United States. Facts, figures and latest developments. The European Union and the United States have the largest bilateral trade and investment relationship and enjoy the most integrated economic relationship in the world."

https://policy.trade.ec.europa.eu/eu-trade-relationships-country-and-region/countries-and-regions/united-states_en#:~:text=EU%20trade%20relations%20with%20the,Facts%2C%20figures%20and%20latest%20developments.&text=The%20European%20Union%20and%20the,economic%20relationship%20in%20the%20world
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:20:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:
House advances $95B foreign aid package covering Ukraine, Israel – final vote set for Saturday - 151 Republicans in favor

The vote was 316-94 with 165 Democrats voting yes and 151 Republicans also voting yes.

The GOP-led House voted Friday in favor of advance a roughly $100 billion foreign aid bills that includes funding for Ukraine and Israel, setting up a final vote this weekend.

The vote was 316-94 with 165 Democrats voting yes and 151 Republicans also voting yes. There were 39 Democrats and 55 Republicans who voted against the rule.

The funding bill also includes money for Taiwan.

The Israel Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, the Ukraine Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, the Indo-Pacific Security Supplemental Appropriations Act and the 21st Century Peace through Strength Act are each included in the legislative package.

View Quote

Hope they get cancer, everyone who votes for this. Fuck em.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:
Like the millions flowing into this country? That they didn't advance a single dollar of funding to deal with?

View Quote

Charlie Kirk said the Uke Border Patrol got $ 300 Million .
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

No, not like that.

Because a few extra hundred thousand undocumented Latin American workers arriving per year are in no way a threat to national security of United States.  Quite frankly, it's pretty much the unfortunate and undesirable status quo that we have been dealing for the last 50 years.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I sure hope there is enough money left over so everyone there can vote themselves a big fat raise....  

How else will they be able to heft up those portfolios ..
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Craigan:

View Quote

We spend 2+ trillion a year on entitlements and handouts.

The entire military and all foreign aid is barely a trillion.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#30]

No, not like that.

Because a few extra hundred thousand undocumented Latin American workers arriving per year are in no way a threat to national security of United States.  Quite frankly, it's pretty much the unfortunate and undesirable status quo that we have been dealing for the last 50 years.
View All Quotes

No, not like that.

you know how i know you don't know WTF youre talking about
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

This.

“ your party won’t be fixing shit “ because they are both corrupt and only care about growing their power and wealth.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By PCB66:
We are $35 trillion in debt.  Why should we add more debt for other people to fight their stupid wars?

We don't need to be giving any money to anyone.  We have enough domestic welfare queens.  We sure as hell don't need any foreign ones.

Piss on both parties for being idiots.  These elected officials are morons.  Of course what do they care?  Most of them are already rich and it ain't their money.  Besides, these foreign lobbyists like AIPAC will make sure plenty of campaign money is doled out come election time.
View Quote

Why do you care if you are going to allow Biden to raise it another 6 Trillion this fiscal year?

How much more will you spend when you screw every country we trade with?

I don't like foreign money in our politics either. However, if we think they are immune to the effects of our behavior, we have a lot to learn. This year the ignorance of world events has been stunningly obvious. Both Biden and Trump have made some stunningly stupid statements.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Soros Money wins?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#34]

No, not like that.

View All Quotes

No, not like that.

lol....odd way to announce you have zero idea what you're supporting
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Castrolr1:

View Quote

That's the total in a good month .
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:37:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Morlawn66:

View All Quotes

You really haven't paid attention lately have you..??

under a rock.jpg
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#37]
they are never going to stop

no yearly budget , just spend more money when they want to
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#38]

No, not like that.

View All Quotes

No, not like that.

a few extra hundred thousand?

Latin American?

workers?

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:43:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Morlawn66] [#39]

under a rock.jpg
View Quote

I have paid attention , 1.2 million a year is probably light .  I was agreeing with you , your under a rock comment is uncalled for so wtf ?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#40]

I have paid attention , 1.2 million a year is probably light .  I was agreeing with you , your under a rock comment is uncalled for so wtf ?
View All Quotes

under a rock.jpg

my bad..  i misunderstood.... we good
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#41]
I've heard moar than the entire budget of the USMC.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Why do you care if you are going to allow Biden to raise it another 6 Trillion this fiscal year?

How much more will you spend when you screw every country we trade with?

I don't like foreign money in our politics either. However, if we think they are immune to the effects of our behavior, we have a lot to learn. This year the ignorance of world events has been stunningly obvious. Both Biden and Trump have made some stunningly stupid statements.
View Quote

I am not going to "allow" jackshit.  I am being raped.  We all are.

When we are $35 trillion in debt it is lunacy to be handing out more welfare, either domestic or foreign.

This bloated out of control $8 trillion a year Federal government has far too many sucking off its teat.

Our Federal government spends more money than the GDP of all but two countries on earth.  That is on top of of what we are paying for State and Local.

Israel is a rich country with high per capita income.  Make them pay for their own damn war.  Why should we pay for it?  If Russia is a threat for invading Ukraine then the Euroweenies should be footing the bill, not us.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Craigan:

View Quote

WW3 is 1000x more expensive and bloody if Russia isn't stopped.

If America doesn't have the testicles to only just send military aid to a nation in need that wants to join with the West. Why the heck would Russia think we'd face them down when the real chips are at stake? They'll move on NATO.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Shame to see what the Party of Reagan has become. Or I should say, it's a shame that a minority in the Republican party has been allowed to hold the rest of the country hostage.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#46]
All I have to say:
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Can't do shit about it. My representative is owned by AIPAC.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:08:13 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

They don't even think about us
Enough to hate us.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:09:53 PM EDT
[#49]
I don’t want to hear shit from republicans about free university or welfare as long as they vote for this shit.

You’re either a fiscal conservative or you’re not.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

FPNI.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top