Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2023 10:43:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bondservant2]
With the continued hype of allocated bourbons I thought maybe a thread to give a “heads-up” when people start seeing bottles drop out in the wild.

In the last week we’ve been seeing the Bookers 2023-02 arrive in stores here in Nebraska.
Also got some Makers Mark 46 Cask Strength,  and Jack Daniels Barrel Proof recently on the shelves.
Lastly, saw some Clyde May’s Cask Strength Rye get delivered today.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 10:58:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Same with dfw but isn't it really region dependent?
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Voland:
Same with dfw but isn't it really region dependent?
View Quote

Very much so.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#3]
You're gonna be behind all the Facebook groups.

You're best bet outside of a FB group is to become a regular at a localshop or just always be on the hunt.  I've gotten plenty of allocated bottles by just being at the right place at the right time.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm within an hour of Bardstown and just recently got a couple bottles of Buffalo Trace after a year+ dry spell.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 2:53:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeyCoach] [#5]
Alabama ABC stores drop the Saturday after the third Monday.  The release schedule and what’s being released is on the website. The list gets posted on the second Monday of the month.

It’s only available to Alabama residents, they’ll check your driver’s license.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Vague:
I'm within an hour of Bardstown and just recently got a couple bottles of Buffalo Trace after a year+ dry spell.
View Quote

Why not just go to the distillery on a Saturday morning and pick up a couple of bottles?
Also, have the chance to get a Blanton's, EHT, or Weller.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 10:58:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bigborehound:

Why not just go to the distillery on a Saturday morning and pick up a couple of bottles?
Also, have the chance to get a Blanton's, EHT, or Weller.
View Quote

For regular buffalo trace you may have a shot.  But you still have to wait in line with 200 other bourbon obsessed wankers.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 8:10:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: justsayin] [#8]
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 8:44:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blasko] [#9]
Bomberger’s Declaration 2023 edition in western NY

Kathy Hochul and her big teeth should resign now

Edit…2033 has not dropped yet
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 6:46:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bondservant2] [#10]
Old Forester Single Barrel Barrell Strength / Blood Oak Pact 9 / Woodford Reserve Master Distillers Batch Proof came to Nebraska today.

I got one of the Old Forester $70.00.  Haven’t heard great things about the Blood Oath or Woodford so I passed…..

ETA : same store had a lone bottle of Penelope Rio on the shelf and I had no idea how “limited” those are , and, unfortunately I walked away without it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 1:28:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bondservant2] [#11]
E.H.Taylor barrel proof dropped in my area this week.
I was lucky enough to get one. And JUST missed out on (2) more and a Blanton’s Gold. But I’m (mostly) happy.
Also picked up (2) 2X0 Phoenix blend at a close out price of $79/each. Normally $120 at this store.

In other news a local Mexican grocery store was closing out a BUNCH of their liquor due to theft.
I dont remember all the prices but everything was 50% off their normally low prices. For example, had Angels Envy for $18.50
Others I bought
Zapaca 25 $22.50
Pampero Anniversario $15.50
Michters Sour Mash $22
Wild Turkey 101 $12.50
Pueblo Viejo Anejo $11.00

I brought home (19) bottles - only (2) each of the Michters and Angels Envy and when I came to my senses the next day they were all gone. Missed out on (5) more of each. There were a bunch more I passed on..

I’d say it was a good week.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Local liquor store had a release of Eagle Rare on Saturday. Couldn’t make it for that, but they were also selling Makers 46 and Knob Creek cask strength for $17.99/bottle. So we picked up 2 of each. The Makers 46 is normally $39.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By NotMrWizard:
Local liquor store had a release of Eagle Rare on Saturday. Couldn’t make it for that, but they were also selling Makers 46 and Knob Creek cask strength for $17.99/bottle. So we picked up 2 of each. The Makers 46 is normally $39.
View Quote

I would have cleaned out the KC cask strength for that price.
That stuff is GOOD.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:24:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bondservant2] [#14]
Last week it was the Willett 9 and 10-year olds.
This week the 8-year bottles dropped here.
I also found another Old Forester single barrel barrel strength today.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I didn’t get selected for Alabama’s quarterly bourbon lottery nor did I get selected for the Old Forester Birthday Bourbon release.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:
Well, I didn’t get selected for Alabama’s quarterly bourbon lottery nor did I get selected for the Old Forester Birthday Bourbon release.
View Quote

Sorry man.
At a local raffle today I scored another EH Taylor Barrel Proof and my son got a Wild Turkey Masters Keep Voyage.
Got really lucky.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By bondservant2:

Sorry man.
At a local raffle today I scored another EH Taylor Barrel Proof and my son got a Wild Turkey Masters Keep Voyage.
Got really lucky.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bondservant2:
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:

Sorry man.
Got really lucky.

It’s ok. I’m really unlucky.
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Bunch of different Suntory / Hibiki Japanese Whisky on the shelf here in NJ.  Haven't seen ANY for many years.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 9:14:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bondservant2] [#19]
Originally Posted By Mugzilla:
Bunch of different Suntory / Hibiki Japanese Whisky on the shelf here in NJ.  Haven't seen ANY for many years.
View Quote

I saw that here too…..  not familiar with many at all. The few I’ve had were very ….unique.
The Bookers little book chapter 7 is popping up in stores here as is Larceny barrel proof C923.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:47:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bondservant2] [#20]
Picked up several ECBP C923, Little Book chapter 7 and Old Ezra 7-year rye,
Got REALLY lucky at one store where the liqour manager was clearing out “old” inventory - much from the back room.
Stagg 22a, Old Forester 2021 Birthday Bourbon, EH Taylor barrel proof all at MSRP an Alberta Premium cask strength (for $20) ,and (3) Pinhook vertical 7-year  rye (for $10) and a few more.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Heaven Hill BIB, McKenna 10 and elija Craig barrel proof showed up in N/E OH about a week ago.

That heaven hill is my new favorite!  

I talked to a guy at a local store that seems to always have weller SR and 107. He said they are not getting any other Weller products, and that Weller is not on “the list” for OH to get anything special this year.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 9:53:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bondservant2] [#22]
Last week the Weller line-up hit the shelves here in Nebraska. Saw at least one of every expression (save for the W.L. Weller).
This weeks drops included: Knob Creek 18-year / High West MidWinter Nights Dram / Bookers 2023-03 (Mighty Fine Batch) / bunch of Smoke Wagon
Looking forward (hoping) to see some of the anticipated bourbons make their way into the stores here in November. Maybe this year I’ll score a George T. Stagg or Pappy.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 10:44:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Starting to see some big-hitters locally.
Knob  Creek and Elijah Craig 18-year-olds
Jack Daniels twice barreled heritage rye
Bookers 2023-03
Woodford Reserve Masters Series Sonoma triple finish
WhistlePig  Boss Hog
….lots of store picks….
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 10:56:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: d16man] [#24]
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 11:09:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Eagle Rare 17 was on a bar shelf on Friday  and Thomas Handy is supposed to arrive this week.
Looks like BTAC items are dropping...
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 11:28:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3BP] [#26]
We had a Weller cypb and single barrel release today. My buddy said there was 100 people in line when he got to work. They sold out in under 10 minutes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top