Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:57:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RealityCheck0311] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HunterPhillips:

The premise of the OP does the same thing, doesn't it? The non-conspiracy theorists see themselves as superior intellect, and by sharing this stance on the internet it feeds the OP's sense of superiority. Conventional thought is superior to the crazy ideas of those dummies who think the truth is being hidden by some agenda.

Maybe... I am really here for the guilty/not guilty threads and dinner pics.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HunterPhillips:
Originally Posted By Hector_X:
Originally Posted By JimEN:
Do people into this stuff think most people are sheep, stupid, brainwashed, ignorant, simple, dull, fools, and they know "what's actually going on" and they are more enlightened, sharper, and smarter than everyone else.

I took an Anthropology course back in the day called "Lost Tribes and Sunken Continents" which was basically about why people believe crazy things.  The gist of it was, yes, people want to believe they have some special knowledge that others are too stupid to realize.

The premise of the OP does the same thing, doesn't it? The non-conspiracy theorists see themselves as superior intellect, and by sharing this stance on the internet it feeds the OP's sense of superiority. Conventional thought is superior to the crazy ideas of those dummies who think the truth is being hidden by some agenda.

Maybe... I am really here for the guilty/not guilty threads and dinner pics.

No one is saying to not have a healthy amount of critical thinking skills or skepticism.

You don't need to live in a binary "I'm going to believe every batshit conspiracy" VS "I don't believe in any conspiracy whatsoever and burying my head in the sand."

You just need to find a healthy balance. A healthy skepticism.

A healthy skepticism also means admitting when you're wrong, moving on, and not digging your heels in harder because your fragile ego is attached to this theory.

I've seen a lot of people where the conspiracy theory becomes part of their identity and it's impossible to walk away.  aka Sunk Cost Fallacy or "Escalation of Commitment"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escalation_of_commitment

Personally? I think a lot of conspiracy people feel like they don't have a purpose or direction in life which in turn gives them an inferiority complex.

So by going down conspiracy rabbit holes, it gives them a sense of purpose.

By giving themselves purpose, they now have a sense of accomplishment or even "I'm better/smarter than all of the sheep" and offers a false sense of superiority.

The problem with a lot of conspiracy theorists is they constantly bend their own rules to make the conspiracy work.

Like starting with an outcome that you believe to be true and then modifying the available evidence to fit your original theory. And discarding any new evidence that contradicts it.

What I find fascinating the most is how so many conspiracy theorists are the first ones to claim everything is fake, don't trust anything you read, etc.. But these are the same types always falling for the newest BS story.

One week it's FEMA coffins, next week it's Jade Helm. They'll spend months and months researching and debating these topics.

Then when nothing happens or none of their theories become true, they move onto the next conspiracy.

But in their brains, they never see it as "I was 100% wrong about FEMA coffins" or "I was duped by the Jade Helm conspiracies and need to be better from now on."

They never have self reflection. Instead they'll create a new conspiracy to justify their own theory not coming true.

So in their minds, they're never wrong about previous conspiracies. It's always "The government knew people were catching on and abandoned the idea" or "The Deep State got to it/them."

With that kind of mentality, you never learn from your mistakes.

Like I said in previous threads, conspiracy theorists are the types that throw 500 darts at a dartboard but only remember the 1 that hit the bullseye, not the 499 misses.  

And they'll bring up that one bullseye as much as Napoleon Dynamite's Uncle Rico or Al Bundy do when talking about their "one winning game" in high school 20 years later.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:01:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Urimaginaryfrnd:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKN1Q5SjbeI
View Quote

George Carlin on Conspiracies

George Carlin: The Illusion of Choice

George Carlin - Conspiracy Theorists and Powerful People
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:14:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ButterBacon] [#3]
I sometimes think that some conspiracy theories are started by The Powers That Be to cover up and misdirect from actual conspiracies.

That being said, I think part of it is wanting to feel superior or special, part of it is a sense of belonging, to find other like-minded people who are into the same weirdo stuff they are.

Sometimes it’s just an expression of mental illness.

I remember just a few years ago there would be people who accused posters not in lock step with the meta that they were ShareBlue agitators. Not just that they were secretly leftists, but that they were paid by The Powers That Be to come to this site to stir shit up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:17:24 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a definite correlation between a person's belief in conspiracy theories and their percentage of Anunnaki DNA.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:21:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JimEN] [#5]
Originally Posted By ToxicMasculinity:
Close to zero. What a weird take.
View Quote
So what's the motive?

How has being all in on conspiracies or UFOs or global elites controlling the world etc enhanced or advanced someone's life, bank account, career, or sex life?

Every time I listen to someone tell me "the truth" or "the secret" or "the inside scoop" I'm thinking why isn't this guy using it to make money or get power or somehow benefit from it. I know the answer.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:25:07 PM EDT
[#6]
So what's the motive?

How has being all in on conspiracies or UFOs or global elites controlling the world etc enhanced or advanced someone's life, bank account, career, or sex life?
View Quote

It's far more often that somebody challenges thoughts outside the collective hive mind for the motive you mentioned.

For your second question, I really doubt anybody entertaining those ideas is doing it to meet the ends you've listed. It's probably almost entirely genuine thought.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:26:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Humans like puzzles and solving puzzles. Conspiracy fills that need for a lot.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ButterBacon:
I sometimes think that some conspiracy theories are started by The Powers That Be to cover up and misdirect from actual conspiracies.

That being said, I think part of it is wanting to feel superior or special, part of it is a sense of belonging, to find other like-minded people who are into the same weirdo stuff they are.

Sometimes it’s just an expression of mental illness.

I remember just a few years ago there would be people who accused posters not in lock step with the meta that they were ShareBlue agitators. Not just that they were secretly leftists, but that they were paid by The Powers That Be to come to this site to stir shit up.
View Quote

Obviously true.  

Was done with UFO folks to the point of driving at least one man crazy.

Too many people on the conspiracy side and the normalcy bias side have a big problem ever saying the following:  "I don't know."

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Indeed, "I don't know."  But also, "I'm tired of being lied to.

TPTB have stopped trying to make their lies believable, but still insist you play along.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:39:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Wineraner:

TPTB have stopped trying to make their lies believable, but still insist you play along.
View Quote

True.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:59:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Feeling stupid sucks, especially if you legitimately are.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:59:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Arrogance and feelings of superiority are hallmarks of Satan and those who hate God.
Christ taught humility as He is.
Plenty of feelings of superiority and the accompanying ridicule to go around for everyone...it's the human condition...

Ridicule is our greatest weapon. Saul Alinsky (who dedicated a book to Satan)
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:54:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Many are correct though.

Secret elites? Do you think Biden is actually running anything? Do you think he won in 2020?

Ufos? Aliens just make sense when you think about the infinity of the universe times the infinity of time. But ufos themselves? This has become more based in evidence as of late.

What else ya got?

Mk ultra?
Operation northwood?
Tuskegee experiment?
Operation paperclip?
Gay frogs?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:04:03 AM EDT
[#14]
“You arrogant fuckers that refuse to believe the official narrative are all a bunch of narcissists! And racists! And nazis!”

Come the fuck on. What kind of weak-ass shit is this?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:06:55 AM EDT
[#15]
When I see a thread like that, especially about UFOs, I just try to debunk it to the best of my knowledge and a few minutes of research. If I can't, I chalk it up to unknown and move on.

Getting into conspiracies is a never ending downward spiral.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:11:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:

I've met quite a few people like that. This one dude at work was talking about the whole "birds aren't real" thing, which I always thought was just a joke. He was talking about some video where a bird hovered like a Harrier jet (not a humming bird). I was like "you know they can fake videos real easily, right?"
View All Quotes
Do people into this stuff think most people are sheep, stupid, brainwashed, ignorant, simple, dull, fools, and they know "what's actually going on" and they are more enlightened, sharper, and smarter than everyone else.

I have a few acquantances that are big into conspiracies or Q anon stuff and that seems to be their motive. This would me anecdotal data on my part.

I've met quite a few people like that. This one dude at work was talking about the whole "birds aren't real" thing, which I always thought was just a joke. He was talking about some video where a bird hovered like a Harrier jet (not a humming bird). I was like "you know they can fake videos real easily, right?"

Now to be fair… There have been drones disguised as birds around for at least a few years, if not longer.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:15:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Elvis and Bigfoot time traveled on a UFO to assassinate JFK so they could marry Nessie and be a throuple and rule the NWO.  They are returning soon. Sure, you're laughing now but just wait.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:25:42 AM EDT
[#18]

I have a few acquantances that are big into conspiracies or Q anon stuff and that seems to be their motive. This would me anecdotal data on my part.
View Quote

There are people in this world that view people like you simply as a crop to manage or all of us like a bee hive where they steal just enough of the honey that we don’t starve thru the winter.

I’d say they are definitely doing a good job of manipulating You..

Taxes are due on the 15th of April. Tax Freedom Day is now April 18th. That’s the day where you have earned enough to have earned enough in the year to have satisfied your obligation in taxes to the government. Who’s the sucker, you or the person who is vigilantly critical of his government?

Last year, the .gov’s CBO changed their model of SS being depleted to a point of only being able to support 79% of payments to retirees in 2037 to 2034. Your congress is currently making direct cash payments to the Ukrainian Govenrment to prop up THEIR pension system. They literally care less about you than they do Ukrainians. Who is the sucker, you or the person who is vigilantly critical of his Govenrment?

Obamacare’s IT contract went to General Dynamics. GD’s is the parent corporation for many newspapers and TV stations. Is it really a surprise that they all had favorable coverage of Obama and Obamacare?

You have corporate media keeping you in lock step with the message and even doing their dirty work for them in threads like this. Who is the sucker, you or the person with enough critical thinking ability?

Confirming to herd mentality is being a sheep. Believing differently to what gets pressure fed down our throats by a corrupt government and complicit media doesn’t make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you are Engaged.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:40:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:49:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By TLD05:
On the UFO topic in particular,  I think most take a real interest in it once they have a good sighting or experience that takes away the doubt that there is something abnormal going on.  After that the conspiracy to hide what they are/aren't and that they exist/don't exist is a tangled web.
View Quote

I have a pragmatic look at UFO’s and alien life-if you Trust The Science (TM) and believe the universe is Infinite, then it is a mathematical probability bordering on certainty that on a planet somewhere else in that vast space has experienced conditions to support life.

But I’m also smart enough to understand the mathematical chances that they would cross paths with us in the same vast infinite universe.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:52:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Wineraner:

View Quote

So true.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:04:30 AM EDT
[#22]
"The people will believe what the media tells them they believe." ~ George Orwell

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:08:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Alnen123:
Many are correct though.

Secret elites? Do you think Biden is actually running anything? Do you think he won in 2020?
View Quote

Good example of what I think happens a lot, attributing malice/conspiracy to either incompetence or randomness.

There isn’t some secret shadow cabal controlling Biden’s every move. If there was don’t you think his administration would be more competent? It’s a fucking laughingstock. The “secret elites” are just a bunch of political lackeys who stumbled into some small bit of temporary power.

I think that’s terrifying for some people so they’d prefer a world of hyper competent evil people executing a plan and pulling the strings vs a complex world filled with randomness and chaos. It also justifies not doing anything. Why vote/fight/try if everything is being controlled.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:32:10 AM EDT
[#24]
There are fart smellers in everything.

Guitar players are a million times worse than conspiracy theorists. Man you will have dudes saying they can hear sounds the human ear is not even capable of hearing. Shit like that.

Knew a guy in college. He wouldn’t drink anything except import beer and shit on everyone who didn’t believe just like him. He would pretend like he knew some sort of secret about getting drunk. Like his drunk was different because he paid more money for it.

Conspiracy theorist are the same. They believe they are “read in” they know secrets that you don’t know. Hell people here who believed in the Q stuff would tell people stuff Donald Trump knew or was doing when Trump was saying and doing the opposite. “You just don’t understand warfare bro” “sorry your girl lost.”

Car people do it. Crossfitters, people who listen to the Beatles…
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:36:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Inneedofhelp] [#25]
Originally Posted By GunwriterGrant:
My favorite conspiracy theory is that everything's going to be okay.
View Quote

I think a lot of the things the OP said are conspiracy theories, but this certainly isn’t.  

I went to a chiropractor semi-regularly, and when Covid came to the US, the messages his office was sending out were of the tone that “this will all be over really soon, let’s just pretend this isn’t happening”.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:37:09 AM EDT
[#26]
So you trust the government and think those who don’t are inferior to you?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:38:05 AM EDT
[#27]
At this point, do we call them "conspiracy theorists" or "prophets"? Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:39:39 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Interesting idea and it may be accurate, can't say for sure.

I only know I don't believe in any of that stuff and don't feel like I am superior to anyone.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Conforming thread
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:41:02 AM EDT
[#30]
OP likes to be the one "to feel superior"
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:41:34 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

But also, some birds actually can hover, without moving at all, just by flapping their wings continuously.  Hummingbirds will do it usually for 1-2 seconds, there were some hawks, I think, that I would sometimes see doing that above a field where I grew up.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:47:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By neshomamench:
"I know something that others do not"  is a nearly universal component of the expressed personalities of such people.   It is one of the things that makes believing such things so intoxicating. It is empowering.  (It also provides answers to things they do not understand)

I am speaking of the folks that tend to be "all in" on conspiracies.  Not the fact that many people latch on the the possibility of one or two "conspiracies" probably being true, and sometimes they turn out to be, on some level.   I am talking about those that tend to believe "all of them" and make "knowing the truth" a part of who they are.

I would rather hang out with vegans and crossfitters. Their personalities are not nearly as all in and at least they believe in something real.

View Quote

These people can be dangerous, however.  They might latch onto a theory that group X Y or Z is responsible for bad A B or C happening, and then start hating that group.  The Jews (rightly or wrongly, it would always come down to individuals from that group and whether they are actually doing what their accusers say they are doing) have historically been targeted with such things.  Many of them were killed during the black death in Europe because they were being used as a scapegoat for it, of course there is the holocaust.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:51:02 AM EDT
[#33]
When a government questions its citizens, its called an investigation.
But when the citizens question its government, it’s called a conspiracy theory.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:53:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kychas] [#34]
“There isn’t some secret shadow cabal controlling Biden’s every move. If there was don’t you think his administration would be more competent? It’s a fucking laughingstock. The “secret elites” are just a bunch of political lackeys who stumbled into some small bit of temporary power.”

Getting marching orders is different than micromanagement
He/zero put together the team(administration). They are a bunch of lefties that have never run a business nor understand how the government is supposed to run, so the incompetence
Under zero it was like 13% had ever run a business, under Bush it was like 60%
It is probably 5% now

Explain why zero was all in on killing Hussein when he started to sell oil for other than dollars?
To have the military without any spoken reason to go all in and smoke him?
Zero did not see the need to do that. Some one needed that to happen and zero passed the order down
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:54:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MadMonkey] [#35]
Originally Posted By Inneedofhelp:

But also, some birds actually can hover, without moving at all, just by flapping their wings continuously.  Hummingbirds will do it usually for 1-2 seconds, there were some hawks, I think, that I would sometimes see doing that above a field where I grew up.
View All Quotes

I actually just saw the most impressive instance of that I've ever seen a few days ago. Think it was an actual harrier that just STOPPED in midair, slight headwind. Not even a twitch of a feather. It legitimately looked like a glitch in a video game.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:01:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Yes.

If people only were as smart as me and watched the same YouBoob videos I do they'd know with a certainly that the earth is flat, the US Government has been infiltrated by lizard people, and my most recent discovery: snow doesn't fall it goes up. First documented in the 1960s by Lucille "Lucy" Van Pelt the explanation is that rain is downwards and snow is the rain returning upwards to the clouds. I can share my research if you don't want to do your own. I mean follow the science! /neckbeard

SciManDan is my favorite.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:07:35 AM EDT
[#37]
I worked in a cubical farm for a decade.

The shit-head next to me thought that George Bush really had a weather machine and was using it to destroy New Orleans. He'd have a people come visit him and they would discuss that and other bizarre conspiracies like AIDS was invented, the CIA sold delivered crack cocaine to dealers, and the air in our building was drugged.

It was all I could do not to laugh out loud as I heard some of the rocket surgeons express their opinions on world events.

There is no amount of delusion that can't be gathered up by these people. You're attacking their base, their core reason they're a failure, their personal religion.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:08:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:

I actually just saw the most impressive instance of that I've ever seen a few days ago. Think it was an actual harrier that just STOPPED in midair, slight headwind. Not even a twitch of a feather. It legitimately looked like a glitch in a video game.
View Quote

And that’s why they named the jet after such a bird .
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:16:29 AM EDT
[#39]
EDKH and It's all Russian propaganda.
Sleep well tonight suckers.
You're not being lied to.

I don't feel superior.  I feel uneasy and vulnerable about what's coming next.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:16:43 AM EDT
[#40]
I worked for the military's television and radio service for years.

The Public Affairs Officer has an open email for viewers.

OMG some of the letters the PAO would get. There's crazy people out there who will write a hundred different emails in a year about how the TV shows are all purposely warping society's values and morals ... wait a minute!

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:18:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Stlrain0341:

Good example of what I think happens a lot, attributing malice/conspiracy to either incompetence or randomness.

There isn’t some secret shadow cabal controlling Biden’s every move. If there was don’t you think his administration would be more competent? It’s a fucking laughingstock. The “secret elites” are just a bunch of political lackeys who stumbled into some small bit of temporary power.

I think that’s terrifying for some people so they’d prefer a world of hyper competent evil people executing a plan and pulling the strings vs a complex world filled with randomness and chaos. It also justifies not doing anything. Why vote/fight/try if everything is being controlled.

View Quote

Truth is usually plainer than fiction, but a lot of it is on nuances.

No, there isn’t a Shadow Government Headquarters carved into the side of a mountain in the Swiss alps managing governments around the world and sending Biden radio messages via brain implant.

But he takes his orders from someone. In all likelihood, he answers to the people and corporations that put him where he is today, those people are likely in contact with his underlings, and those donors are likely multinational banks and corporations that, by default, make up the real world government. And that goes back to my assertion that there are people in this world that simply see us as a crop to manage… Shitheels like Biden are just the public face.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:19:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
So you trust the government and think those who don’t are inferior to you?
View Quote

Our government has never told us the truth, even when it would have served them better.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Do you have any extra conspiracies you could lend us, oh wiser-than-us?

BECAUSE ALL OF MINE TURNED OUT TO BE TRUE
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:22:01 AM EDT
[#44]

These people can be dangerous, however.  They might latch onto a theory that group X Y or Z is responsible for bad A B or C happening, and then start hating that group.  The Jews (rightly or wrongly, it would always come down to individuals from that group and whether they are actually doing what their accusers say they are doing) have historically been targeted with such things.  Many of them were killed during the black death in Europe because they were being used as a scapegoat for it, of course there is the holocaust.
View Quote

Anyone who subscribes to a singular viewpoint without the intellectual honesty to participate in rigorous debate and be vulnerable enough to challenge their own ideas is Dangerous.

That’s how Holocausts happen.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

What booster are you on right now?

(Just trying to calibrate your logic meter).
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:31:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By kychas:
With the more .GOV gets caught in lies the more credible the conspiracy theorists sound
People are waking up to this nonsense from the media/gov propaganda machine
View Quote

Yep. As a career DOJ employee,  who participated in a few government conspiracies and cover ups, it became  a lot easier for me to recognize one when I see it.

Before that, I was more like the OP.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:32:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:Obamacare’s IT contract went to General Dynamics. GD’s is the parent corporation for many newspapers and TV stations. Is it really a surprise that they all had favorable coverage of Obama and Obamacare?
View Quote

Can you explain "GD’s is the parent corporation for many newspapers and TV stations."

I would assume Paramount, Disney, Fox, Warner Brothers, and NBC Universal would be surprised.

Who owns the television networks
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:33:20 AM EDT
[#49]
If feeling superior is what kept me from buying into the doom and taking that experimental vaccine, I’m fine with it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Paul:

Can you explain "GD’s is the parent corporation for many newspapers and TV stations."

I would assume Paramount, Disney, Fox, Warner Brothers, and NBC Universal would be surprised.

Who owns the television networks
View Quote

Well, you can start with this article-much of it is venture capital firms:

https://www.southbendtribune.com/story/news/2015/12/22/why-we-need-to-know-who-owns-americas-newspapers/46555879/
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top