How safe is Seattle? (Page 3 of 3)
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:08:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:

I had a buddy who lived right near the Space Needle back in the late 2000's

I'll never forget going to the 7-11 there and seeing a mound of SoBe caps on the ground near the side of the building.

Apparently the junkies used them to cook and shoot up dope and liked the big caps
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:
I walked all around the area around the Needle and was safe back in the early 2000s.
Even walked one area that was predominantly black and was hellowed a lot. (Helped I was tan as hell.) Was warned not to walk there.

Even saw a burglary at the 7-11 right at the Needle and shots were fired.

No way in hell would I walk the areas now.

I had a buddy who lived right near the Space Needle back in the late 2000's

I'll never forget going to the 7-11 there and seeing a mound of SoBe caps on the ground near the side of the building.

Apparently the junkies used them to cook and shoot up dope and liked the big caps
Yeah that shit was crazy.

Went in there a couple of times for snacks and drinks.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:11:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:
Yeah that shit was crazy.

Went in there a couple of times for snacks and drinks.
View Quote

Well on the plus side that was before a big Amazon expansion.

There was this billboard near I5 which said "It is cheaper to own than rent!" And I had two buddies purchase condos there for under $100k

Years later they sold those condos for 4X + what they paid and put down payments on houses which have since appreciated even more.

I'm the tard who rented
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:12:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Stay off the public transportation.  It's contaminated with meth and fentanyl.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Well on the plus side that was before a big Amazon expansion.

There was this billboard near I5 which said "It is cheaper to own than rent!" And I had two buddies purchase condos there for under $100k

Years later they sold those condos for 4X + what they paid and put down payments on houses which have since appreciated even more.

I'm the tard who rented
View Quote
hell yeah brother.gif
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Sebastian_MacMaine:
I was there in December;  TBQPH there were far fewer meth zombies than I expected.  Gas prices were about $2/gal higher than most of the country.

Don't make eye contact with them, don't let your kids or wife wander off alone, and in a worst-case scenario just remember that you don't have to be faster than the meth zombie, you just have to be faster than your toddler.  Oh, and wear puncture-proof shoes so nobody gets stuck with any used needles.

Also, you can rest assured that if a pack of feral "teens" starts sexually assaulting anyone in your group, the Seattle Police Department will stand around doing nothing.  Sadly, I'm not joking about this one.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kris_Kime
View Quote
you'll want a heavy dooty wudderproof logger boot.

steel toe for inflicting max damage on el zombies (allegedly in minecraft of course).  wudderproof so you don't get any on you and for the rains down in the seattle.  vibram sole for protection from the pot HIV needles.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:48:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ege] [#6]
Originally Posted By Sebastian_MacMaine:
I was there in December;  TBQPH there were far fewer meth zombies than I expected.  Gas prices were about $2/gal higher than most of the country.

Don't make eye contact with them, don't let your kids or wife wander off alone, and in a worst-case scenario just remember that you don't have to be faster than the meth zombie, you just have to be faster than your toddler.  Oh, and wear puncture-proof shoes so nobody gets stuck with any used needles.

Also, you can rest assured that if a pack of feral "teens" starts sexually assaulting anyone in your group, the Seattle Police Department will stand around doing nothing.  Sadly, I'm not joking about this one.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kris_Kime
View Quote

Don’t necessarily disagree, but you’re citing a murder from 2001. That was when the SPD was largely still down to boogie. Hell, now they probably wouldn’t even be at a large event, so no scandal possible.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:51:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By fordtuff:
View Quote
WWNWRD?

@NWRed
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
WWNWRD?

@NWRed
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
Originally Posted By fordtuff:
WWNWRD?

@NWRed

The Sounder train is pretty safe, its like Amtrak. Mostly people just minding their own business and going to/from work. Never seen anyone getting high on the Sounder, the occasional tradesman drinking a beer on the ride home is it.
The Sounder station is at the south end of downtown near the stadiums. To get to anywhere else in Seattle using public transportation, you take a bus or the lightrail depending on your destination.

The lightrail and the bus are an adventure in the making, just a matter if you roll the 87 sided die and come up with one of the exciting Tweaker/mentally unhinged/homeless people that use public transportation on your trip. 98% of the time there isn't an issue, 2% of the time there's something going on that you can probably avoid by getting off or not being next to the person creating the issue.

A guy I used to work with was having some sort of interpersonal issue with 2 guys half his age on a bus and it looked like they were going to throw down while the bus was on the freeway and couldn't stop.  He pulled out his brass knuckles, put them on and dropped his backpack and they had a sudden change of heart , they were just pranking him, didnt really want to fight him, "it's all good bro, we just playing, we cool"

I believe R/Seattle on reddit has some of the greatest hits on film.  I've seen several people smoking fent on the lightrail, or passed out with their foil in hand on the lightrail. I've seen people smoking weed on the bus, but not fent. Doesnt mean it doesnt happen, I just havent seen it personally.

That being said - I carry pepperspray/ a coin purse sap/ a pistol. There's only been one time in Seattle I thought I was going to use the sap on a guy at a lightrail station - he walked right past me and kept trying to start confrontations with other people who were just trying to avoid him while waiting for the lightrail.

Seattle is "relatively safe" in most places, but there areas that are shitty and filled with shitty people. These shitty people also go where ever the fuck they want, so no where is "safe".  
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Do they still throw fish at the market? I swear I heard the had to stop? Was going to take some friends after we hit the Museum of Flight. Speaking of MoF, there is a place to spend some time. I’m not sure if the armor and flight museum opened back up yet after the sale? That’s another good place to spend time.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#10]
As long as you aren't dealing fetanyl you are probably fine.

But also don't be surprised if you catch a stray round
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I dont like being unarmed or going to the city, sometimes both happens at the same time.  I just plan to mitigate risk.

A normal trip would look like: Drive through the deep woods and park at the ferry. Walk on the ferry and enjoy a ferry beer or two. Get off ferry and Uber directly to restaurant. Eat, drink and then Uber directly to concert venue. Uber directly back to ferry and maybe have another ferry beer if the galley is still open. Get back to truck and have the wife drive home.

I am trying to limit my exposure to humanity while still trying to enjoy events.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
How safe is Seattle? (Page 3 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top