Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2023 10:12:36 AM EDT
My ever helpful idiot brother decided the TV our Mother was perfectly happy with wasn't good enough, so without telling anyone he bought a  internet TV (he didn't hook it up to an external antenna nor to the DVD player).   It spends more time 'buffering' than it does playing.   I want to pull the TV down and mount and external TV over the air antenna & connect the DVD player for her.

While my idiot brother was taking the TV off the wall, he evidently pulled REALLY hard on the release loops that hang down so the lower "jaws" can be opened later if you want to take a TV back off the wall.   He pulled so hard that the metal rings holding the nylon loops gave way.

So - is there some secret trick to be able to access the mount and get the "jaws" down so I can get his TV off the wall & hook up the needed connections?

Thank You for any help & guidance in this!
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:31:40 AM EDT
[#1]
You should be able to slide the TV off the wall mount
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tejas1836:
You should be able to slide the TV off the wall mount
View Quote

I can't because it is in a recessed alcove above the fireplace with built in book cases on either side.

I have to find other way than to slide it off the side - not sure how much I can see behind the TV without risking damage to it lifting it up from the bottom.

Link Posted: 8/2/2023 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Are the security tabs securing it metal or plastic? If plastic just yard on it until they pop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top