Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Skydivesnake:
The title of the piece is very misleading and implies the rotational speed has slowed overall, and it's due to climate change, whereas the article itself says 'In recent decades, the Earth has rotated faster due to changes in its core but the melting ice has counteracted this burst of speed,'

So climate change has been good in this case, as it's tamped down the core-led rotational acceleration, if one were to believe that at all (or that it's man-made). And the rate of change of the rotation of the planet is Infinitesimal in any case.

In other words, what a load of bollocks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:04:34 PM EDT
[#3]
So polar icecaps melting, redistributes more mass towards the equator, increasing rotational inertia, thereby slowing the Earth’s rotation?

How much does all the old fatties retiring to Florida, contribute?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Haha no it hasn't.

I miss the days of real science.

Retard indoctrination pamphlets have no intrinsic value
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#6]
The title of the piece is very misleading and implies the rotational speed has slowed overall, and it's due to climate change, whereas the article itself says 'In recent decades, the Earth has rotated faster due to changes in its core but the melting ice has counteracted this burst of speed,'

So climate change has been good in this case, as it's tamped down the core-led rotational acceleration, if one were to believe that at all (or that it's man-made). And the rate of change of the rotation of the planet is Infinitesimal in any case.

View Quote
We should freeze the core so it quits acting against manmade climate enhancement.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#7]
So was the earth faster-spinning during the ice ages?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I got something they can rotate on…
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:09:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dieselman] [#9]
Originally Posted By Deadtired:
So was the earth faster-spinning during the ice ages?
View Quote

"Yeah Dude, Ice is slick and shit, makes Earth more slippery so it can spin faster. You know, like car tires do on ice " ~ Modern Scientist.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#10]
What percentage of the earths mass has shifted with ice melted?  .00001%?   Resulting in .0001 second slower rotation?  Oh no!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Since GPS time began in 1980, we’ve added 18 leap seconds.  So GPS time accounts for this 18-second offset to steer to UTC.  It’s no big deal.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

They're just making up shit. Someone did some quick math and realized the earth should be slowing enough to measure if global warming is real, but they don't see a slowing so they make up shit about the core of the earth, which they know next to nothing about, as an offset factor.

The sky Gods are very angry with us though, so we must sacrifice civilization,  trust the science.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#13]
"This just in: man-made global climate change is responsible for literally everything. News at 11."
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:18:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I like this study. I hope it can be used to stop the Chinese battery plant here in michigan. They want to remove 720, 000 gallons of ground water a day, and even have rights to ship it to China if they want. thats 1.6 billion lbs of water a year if they pump 5 days a week.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By hoodonit00:
How in the literal fuck does anything we do slow the earths rotation?
View Quote

Rockets

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like the Sophons are breaking science again...
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I believe him.

The planet must have been changed by the millions and millions of people who died in the mass starvations that "science" assured us would ravage us before 2000.

Please tax me more to save the planet Sir!

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#18]
FJB alone has lowered the overall average IQ by 20 points.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By PAspeedmaster:
Although the disappearance of the ice has reduced the speed of the planet's rotation, the Earth is still spinning a bit faster than it used to.

Duncan Agnew, the author of the study and a geophysicist at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California, says the ice melting in Greenland and Antarctica has changed where the Earth's mass is concentrated.

This has slowed down the Earth's rotation as less solid ice at the northern and southern areas of the planet means there is more mass around the equator, the study suggests.

Mr Agnew has used the example of a figure skater twirling on ice to explain this.

He told Sky News' US partner network NBC News: "If you have a skater who starts spinning, if she lowers her arms or stretches out her legs, she will slow down."

However, if a skater's arms are drawn inward this means she will twirl faster.

https://news.sky.com/story/human-driven-climate-change-has-slowed-the-earths-rotation-and-could-affect-how-we-measure-time-study-suggests-13102985

Someone needs more government grants.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#20]
They are actually correct but the amount is so small it means nothing but the pr they gain is what they are after, it’s how they justify themselves and the average person doesn’t know that it’s very close to lying
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#21]
What's happening in the Artic is the process of Atlanification. It's something discovered several years ago. It started ~1910 and isn't caused by "climate change".

Antartica wasn't showing signs of "global warming" until (maybe) recently.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Stutzmech:
They are actually correct but the amount is so small it means nothing but the pr they gain is what they are after, it’s how they justify themselves and the average person doesn’t know that it’s very close to lying
View Quote

They might be right about the rotation, but I don't believe the climate change link.

Artic is warming due to Atlantification, not climate change.

Antartica hasn't shown much in the way of melting until recently.

The cause and effect isn't there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By DonS:

They might be right about the rotation, but I don't believe the climate change link.

Artic is warming due to Atlantification, not climate change.

Antartica hasn't shown much in the way of melting until recently.

The cause and effect isn't there.
View Quote

Agree
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#24]

We're doomed!

OR domed if you believe in a flat earth.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#25]
I do note that the slowed earth rotation will have the greatest impact on the poor, disabled, and minorities.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File

What utter bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#28]
So February won't be getting a 29th and 30th?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Paul:
I do note that the slowed earth rotation will have the greatest impact on the poor, disabled, and minorities.
View Quote

It'll cause food deserts.

You will need to pay reparations.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Ice ages and warming periods...  Have these idiots studied anything?  Also Roman warming period, Middle ages cooling, Warming around 1000 AD, little ice age.  Complete idiots.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Oh bullshit. They aren't even trying anymore. Make up whatever, get a grant to back the bullshit up, and all the smooth brains will add it to the current and future lies.
Edit. I could live within my "carbon footprint" for a decade or two on what the climate scammers emit in just one conference to fiji.
View Quote

FPNI

Visual aid  for 1st post follows:
" />
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#32]
I need like four more hours a day. Do what you can.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Oh bullshit. They aren't even trying anymore. Make up whatever, get a grant to back the bullshit up, and all the smooth brains will add it to the current and future lies.
Edit. I could live within my "carbon footprint" for a decade or two on what the climate scammers emit in just one conference to fiji.
View Quote

FPNI

You and I agree again.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top