Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2023 2:29:17 PM EDT
I guess I must be bored with too much spare cash laying around. I have a small theater room 18x18 with 7.1 Atmos and a 120in screen/Sony projector. 6 nice leather chairs. It produces a great movie experience. But I want more.

I have played around with a wicked laser 2w projector for many years for fun but that thing lacks the ability to actually build a decent show. I have been measuring and messing about it and think I can get a good projection map on the ceiling with better projectors. So, I bought two 3w Unity FB4 laser projectors and Beyond software and am going to get experience building laser shows. I used to love going to the Laserium back in the 80s.

Anyone here done this sort of thing before? Any interest in seeing it work?
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By belted_guns:

Anyone here done this sort of thing before? Any interest in seeing it work?
View Quote
No, Hell Yes...

Never seen anyone do such a thing at home. Sounds really cool.
What drivers the laser deal? I mean you have to have something that you download already created run times, or somethng to create them in, then interface with the laser.

If I'm anywhere near close to how I think they'd work.

Link Posted: 12/12/2023 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By smullen:
No, Hell Yes...

Never seen anyone do such a thing at home. Sounds really cool.
What drivers the laser deal? I mean you have to have something that you download already created run times, or something to create them in, then interface with the laser.

If I'm anywhere near close to how I think they'd work.

View Quote

Great question! There are not many laser control software packages that make it reasonable to build laser graphics shows. Pangolin Beyond is pretty close to being a Noob but able to generate cool output without spending years learning or building the framework.  I will be getting two of the 30kpp projectors so that I can display more complicated imaging.

I had to buy a special lense that spreads out the image because the room is too small for wide angle laser throw.

My 6month goal is to build a multi-song Pink Floyd The Wall show. (this is my way of learning the software) We shall see where I end up.

Crazy thing they have is a cloud membership site where folks upload their shows and anyone with the software can download it and play it.
This is from Europe's Final Countdown show
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#3]
That's super slick.

That Pink Floyed show will be tits!!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#4]
You'll put your eye out  
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By midmo:
You'll put your eye out  
View Quote

Sure, but it will be fun until then.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Received the equipment and am messing about with it.
Gotta say, it is pretty cool. Now to learn how to build shows.
Here are a couple of screen shots from the Buffet, it's five o'clock Attachment Attached File
somewhere  show I downloaded.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

That is a 120in screen for size comparison.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 5:52:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: belted_guns] [#7]
A couple of 3watt unity laser fb4, synchronized with beyond software.  Pretty cool. Now I have to learn the show software. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top