Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2024 2:30:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brawnydog]
I did a Google search and might have found it, but if it's there it's buried.
The quote goes something like:

"The punishment of the offense, or the degree of offense is proportional to the transcendence of the one offended."

This may have had some connection to legal code, but I remember it basically being used to justify eternal separation, or an eternity in hell, for even the slightest sin against God.
I'm not saying I agree or disagree, please forgive me for not wanting to engage in a theological discussion on it. I just always found that idea something to ponder. Does that quote, or idea, ring a bell with any of y'all?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:40:06 PM EDT
[#1]
2 Thessalonians 1:9 comes to mind but now I am looking for an actual quote from somewhere outside of the Bible
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 13FoxVet:
2 Thessalonians 1:9 comes to mind but now I am looking for an actual quote from somewhere outside of the Bible
View Quote
Yeah, if I'm not making it up, it was from a theologian, or at the very least from a pastor.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#3]
And that slave who knew his master’s will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes, but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.
— Luke 12:47-48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top