Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2022 8:49:02 AM EDT
I want to build two "light bars" One for my Can Am and one for my 4runner. I'd like to use the round style lights instead of a regular light bar. something like the old KC Daylighters. I need some suggestions on types of lights to put on them. Best bang for the buck situation, but I'd rather spend more to have some light where I want it.

Can Am needs about 6 lights, ideally 4-5" in diameter.

4Runner only needs 4 lights, ideally 6-7" in diameter. I really like the Hella 4000 Rallye compacts, but at $100+ each, its a bit more than I'd like to spend.

Any cheaper companies out there that are worth looking at?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:04:46 AM EDT
[#1]
KC makes some decent looking LED lights. I'm not in the market for them, but if I was those would be what I'd buy.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:18:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I just installed a set of the Hella valuefit 7 and they are super bright. I don't like them as much as the KC slimlite 6"but they are half the price.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:40:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7] [#3]
Baja Designs, although they are not cheap at all.  https://www.bajadesigns.com/led-auxiliary-lights/   I went with Baja lights for my truck as I wanted good lights.  Cry once buy once.    

Rigid, a bit cheaper than Baja.  https://www.rigidindustries.com/lights.html
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up these for my Rubicon.  They're bright as holy hell and pretty decently priced on Amazon.  Not sure if this is what you're looking for or not but here is the link...  LED Lights

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 9:34:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 7:
Baja Designs, although they are not cheap at all.  https://www.bajadesigns.com/led-auxiliary-lights/   I went with Baja lights for my truck as I wanted good lights.  Cry once buy once.    

Rigid, a bit cheaper than Baja.  https://www.rigidindustries.com/lights.html
View Quote

Winner winner
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I  have run almost every light out there over the years from old school Hella 9000's to modern Baja and Rigid lights.

For the price to quality ratio my new go-to is Diode Dynamics. They are about 1/2 the price of Baja or Rigid but they are amazing. I run mine in Montana where is snows 364 days a year and they produce amazing light at a very fair price. Not sure how "round" they make them but the light output is impressive.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Will the Stator on the CanAm handle six KC lights?
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#8]
My M1009 is running two 450 watt 25v aircraft landing lights.

Nothing on the offroad market comes close.  They turn off the streetlights as I drive down the road... (in some places).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#9]
my vote is for diode dynamics.

you may spend less, but you'll also get less output.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the suggestions.  This thread has been very helpful.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By IHTFP08:
my vote is for diode dynamics.

you may spend less, but you'll also get less output.
View Quote

That's not true . I read on the internet that a $20 Chicom bar is just as good as a Ridgid / Baja Design
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 8:23:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Tjcj:

That's not true . I read on the internet that a $20 Chicom bar is just as good as a Ridgid / Baja Design
View Quote

Maybe for a rubber toy hunting mall crawler.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 6:57:24 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Rigid isn’t as reliable as the chicom stuff but Baja Design is no joke
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 7:00:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Diode Dynamics or Baja Designs.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 2:14:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tjcj] [#16]
Originally Posted By prossound:

Rigid isn’t as reliable as the chicom stuff but Baja Design is no joke
View Quote

I've never had a problem with Rigid , have a set of their pods that are atleast 13 years old . Buddy has been through 5 Chicom bars in 3 years under the same conditions as my Rigids . And yeah my Baja Designs bar has been flawless.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#17]

I've never had a problem with Rigid , have a set of their pods that are atleast 13 years old . Buddy has been through 5 Chicom bars in 3 years under the same conditions as my Rigids . And yeah my Baja Designs bar has been flawless.
View Quote

Worked at an off-road shop that sold way more knock offs than Rigids and still returned more Rigids for warranty. Rigid will void a warranty for anything that they can. Baja Designs will sell you new reflectors so that you can modify your lights to fit your needs at home.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I can't find the video at the moment but they basically compared a name brand LED vs chinese cheapo and found that the price was proportional to the output. ie if the light was 10x the cost, it had 10x measured candela.

Either way, my diode dynamics SS5s on my focus have let me see/stop for 2 deer already, so well worth the cost. SS3 pods as fogs on my GX are awesome as well. and the elite series type A on my explorer look like stock fogs but are also bright as hell.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I have Hella on my truck and like them.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I have an CKChrome that has been pretty good and Rigid the Rigid has lost a couple of LEDS over the last 8 years but it’s been rolled over and whacked by limbs on multiple occasions. My buddy has beaten the ever living hell out of his Baja design bar and it was still in great shape when he sold his general. There’s no comparison between mine and his on brightness. The Baja bar is hands down brighter.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#21]
I like Nilights:

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Check these guys out. Affordable and bright. Most of their stuff used new LED tech.
LED-Colight

linkable light bar
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 10:25:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I've tried Rigid, DD, KC, and all of the other cheaper lights...nothing (I've tried at least) touches Baja Designs.

I've got about 2k in them on my Raptor and another set on my boat and Ranger.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#24]
The Jeep I bought came with some KCs I dont care for. Not aure what model but they have LED bulbs (not sure if converted or original) id sell ya for cheap if interested.

Also have a brand new LED ebay lightbar (ill messure it once im home) id let go for dirt cheap.

Lmk if interested
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 1:39:31 AM EDT
[#25]
It may not be a popular choice but I run the Rough Country Black Series Lights with Amber DRL. I have a 50” bar in front, a 30” bar in the rear and a set of pods front and rear. The amber is great in the day/night for greater visibility or for rainy/dusty weather. Then of course use the white for night time riding. I also have the LUX Monster rock lights and they’re great for night time.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 2:31:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Phobby] [#26]
Edited-
For killer LED lights that are round. The best motorcycle off-road LED lights out are Ruby Moto, Clear water, and Denali. 100% worth a look.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top