Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2023 1:35:46 PM EDT
Looking for a decent (Hugo Boss level) blazer, I think blue, to wear to causal events with dark jeans and loafers

I'm 50, 200 pounds 6'1" . Not out of shape but slim fit doesn't work
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#1]
https://bonobos.com/products/unconstructed-italian-wool-blazer?color=navy&irclickid=R%3A%3A3ll1kDxyPRQSTliwT41pmUkFULPStRx6oQg0&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=Impact&utm_campaign=Impact_Prospecting_94385-768773&Cvosrc=Affiliate.Impact.Impact_Prospecting_&Affiliate_id=94385&click_id=R%3A%3A3ll1kDxyPRQSTliwT41pmUkFULPStRx6oQg0&irgwc=1

Check out this from Bonobos

Or this from Suit Supply https://suitsupply.com/en-us/men/jackets/navy-havana-blazer/C6765.html?utm_campaign=237913&utm_source=AwinUS&utm_medium=affiliate&awc=16225_1694818865_cc7b2b578cc383e76be02e6aca31181f
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#2]
This is the kind of thing you'll rarely get lucky with ordering online. Even the same size from the same brand will fit differently.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:
This is the kind of thing you'll rarely get lucky with ordering online. Even the same size from the same brand will fit differently.
View Quote

So I need to head to Nordstroms I guess
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Department stores, Brooks Brothers or other mall specialty stores, and there's also the ever-ubiquitous Men's  Wearhouse/Jos A. Banks.

You might be surprised, though, at what you can get custom for the price points you will see at some of these places. How far are you from New York City?
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Department stores, Brooks Brothers or other mall specialty stores, and there's also the ever-ubiquitous Men's  Wearhouse/Jos A. Banks.

You might be surprised, though, at what you can get custom for the price points you will see at some of these places. How far are you from New York City?
View Quote

About 2 hours from NYC and 1.5 from Boston
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 1:51:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gotuonpaper] [#6]
Nautica

The one I linked is Nautica but any off the rack brand like Ralph Lauren or Calvin Klein works great.  If you have Hugo Boss or the like money, then even better.  Given my uses I don't want to spend that much on something that might risk being damaged on a call or rumpled sitting in court etc.  

Sometimes I prefer to order and have it custom tailored.  I am a big buy but not a blob.  Alterations are cheap and take it that one step further.  Search for "cobalt blue".  It's not as dark as traditional navy and not as bright as a royal blue.  I wear suits in plain clothes LE but also have to go to some semi formal cocktail parties and such with my wife for her work.  A blazer in that color with a good quality button down, super dark denim and a pair of clean polished cognac/whiskey tan leather shoes and matching belt is a showstopper.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#7]
This might help a little
Best Men's OTR Navy Blazers Under $500 Reviewed
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#8]
As others have said, you’ll need to go in and try them on. Most manufacturers have different fits. I have had decent luck with suit supply for the options and money.  They’re used to tailoring around a gun
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Do yourself a favor, should you strike out with local stores (though I suspect you'll find something if you just put yourself out there. It's kinda like women). Too many men hate to shop, and finding the right clothes sometimes takes looking in enough stores to stumble across the perfect one.

However... there's a thread in this forum about Proper Cloth T-shirts. They also make excellent suits and sport coats, custom made for you, and at prices comparable to some of the stuff you'll se in stores. But... you'll definitely want to get down to NYC, see/feel the fabrics for yourself, and get measured.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By frankinwr:
https://bonobos.com/products/unconstructed-italian-wool-blazer?color=navy&irclickid=R%3A%3A3ll1kDxyPRQSTliwT41pmUkFULPStRx6oQg0&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=Impact&utm_campaign=Impact_Prospecting_94385-768773&Cvosrc=Affiliate.Impact.Impact_Prospecting_&Affiliate_id=94385&click_id=R%3A%3A3ll1kDxyPRQSTliwT41pmUkFULPStRx6oQg0&irgwc=1

Check out this from Bonobos

Or this from Suit Supply https://suitsupply.com/en-us/men/jackets/navy-havana-blazer/C6765.html?utm_campaign=237913&utm_source=AwinUS&utm_medium=affiliate&awc=16225_1694818865_cc7b2b578cc383e76be02e6aca31181f
View Quote
Suit Supply
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top