Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2023 9:44:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 9:49:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mnd] [#1]
I bought a nice vintage Dewalt RAS off of CL and a Lowes dado.  I think I paid the same money for each.  Worked great!
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the HD diablo set. Used it pretty extensively on a job site table saw. I think the max stack height is limited to 1/2 or 5/8" due to arbor length (that's a saw limitation, not dado stack). No complaints with the blades.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 10:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Pick the one that makes the sizes of dados you will use. A .032 increment is nice to have.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 10:10:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 12:13:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Oshlun SDS-0842 8-Inch 42 Tooth Stack Dado Set with 5/8-Inch Arbor https://a.co/d/hNMxFPH

I’ve had one of these for several years.   Love it. I’ve got another high dollar set that I don’t use often. This set is great. I like the higher tooth count on the chippers.

No matter what set you get I high key suggest a magnetic shim set. I have two. Makes everything easier.  

Also. You haven’t stated what table saw you have.  Make sure it can except a dado and what width. A lot of beginners with no site saws don’t realize their limitations.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 12:28:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: medicmandan] [#6]
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By medicmandan:

I hadn't considered that.  I assumed they would be somewhat standard.
View Quote

Get a little pack of spacers too, those will make up sizes not possible to replicate with just the blades.   They overlap a little anyways.  
But Ive had my forrest set for a long time.   It has a couple sizes of blades to build the stack.   I would've thought they would all be that way
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JQ66:

Get a little pack of spacers too, those will make up sizes not possible to replicate with just the blades.   They overlap a little anyways.  
But Ive had my forrest set for a long time.   It has a couple sizes of blades to build the stack.   I would've thought they would all be that way
View Quote

The set I posted comes with 3/32” chippers and a single 1/32”
Chipper.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 9:32:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I got a harbor freight 8" dado blade set about 15 years back.

Not the best set available, but set it up and it holds true, and does what I need it to do when I need to dado lumber, iirc paid 35 or 40 bucks for it
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I picked up an Oshlun  8"' set from my local wood working store.  I think I paid around $90 and it does include shims.

Been using it on a Bosch job site saw up to 3/4" without any issues.  The thing to also remember is you will need to get a new insert to accommodate the position and width of the stack.  I was able to order a "kit" for the Bosch that also provided a replacement washer to accommodate wider dado setups.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 6:27:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Ridge Carbide

If this blade is legal in your country, here's what to look for.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 5:26:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jerret_S] [#12]
I have the Freud Home Depot set. Works fine and doesn't chip out plywood.

Your link to HD doesn't work but I think they only sell the one. I bought mine instore about 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I have the Dewalt. I got it on a very good sale a few years ago. I have no complaints other than the shims spill out of the box if I open it the wrong way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top