Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2024 4:58:12 AM EDT
Details:
SIL has a fck buddy who happens to have a felony in NY.
Impressed that they would like to come vacation here in WY this summer.

Phone call this evening on speaker with SIL, and the felon chimes in about wanting to come out and talking about guns and stuff..

Wife and I knows about the felon status and him wanting to play with guns at our place. Both SIL and felon now are on call. Call soon ends.

Asshole felon now hits her phone with total felon outrage.. Wife puts his phone and block ignore.

I set aside time with her SIL for the coming summer to explore Yellowstone Park. Yea!

We go to bed and I spend 2 hours visualizing me dumping this asshole coming off of the plane, taking a swing at me and my reactions. Visualizing my call to dispatch as an FTO on a trainee reacting to such a call is wiered. Also, how it would be perceived on the youtubes and such from the public. Odd it is.

I think, I am in burn out phase on this shit.

Anyone else have to encounter a thought with a scum bag in-law? I don't thing I am in the wrong here.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 5:07:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Daggertt] [#1]
I could only follow like 50% of your story, Hemingway.

You discussed his felony on a phone call and he's mad and that somehow ruined some family relationship and now you're laying in bed thinking about it?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 6:02:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Lol
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 6:05:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 6:14:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Is his felony really a felony in New York anymore? If so pull the firing pin from your AR and take a picture of him with the rifle and send it to his PO
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 6:15:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Is his felony really a felony in New York anymore? If so pull the firing pin from your AR and take a picture of him with the rifle and send it to his PO
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:00:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Wife’s sister? Ever met him?

Wife should talk to sister privately if I’m following this correctly.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:16:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Clear as a Biden speech
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:28:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:57:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 4:14:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: everready73] [#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ZW17:
Did you know it’s illegal to use your NCIC database computer to look up anyone you want?

I never would have thought that.
View Quote

@ZW17

We have a Unified Judicial System database in PA.  i can look up anyone i want and see what crimes they have committed.  Has come in useful a few times. I am not LE
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Ex0331:
Details:
SIL has a fck buddy who happens to have a felony in NY.
Impressed that they would like to come vacation here in WY this summer.

Phone call this evening on speaker with SIL, and the felon chimes in about wanting to come out and talking about guns and stuff..

Wife and I knows about the felon status and him wanting to play with guns at our place. Both SIL and felon now are on call. Call soon ends.

Asshole felon now hits her phone with total felon outrage.. Wife puts his phone and block ignore.

I set aside time with her SIL for the coming summer to explore Yellowstone Park. Yea!

We go to bed and I spend 2 hours visualizing me dumping this asshole coming off of the plane, taking a swing at me and my reactions. Visualizing my call to dispatch as an FTO on a trainee reacting to such a call is wiered. Also, how it would be perceived on the youtubes and such from the public. Odd it is.

I think, I am in burn out phase on this shit.

Anyone else have to encounter a thought with a scum bag in-law? I don't thing I am in the wrong here.
View Quote
I'm tracking. Welcome to the South.

I had a felon brother-in-law. He carried a pistol around me, knowing I was a deputy in a neighboring county.

At least, it looked like a pistol. And, he would drink. At least I think he was.

All those speeches they give at the academy about honor and integrity and all that bullshit don't have to live in the actual world.

Did I drop a dime on him? No.
Did I maybe get a picture to use when she wised up and divorced him? Maybe.

Here's how it is. I don't have an issue with felons. One, there are too fucking many, because everything is a felony anymore. Two, they served their time, and they deserve to be able to protect themselves as much as anyone else, unless they fall into The Special Category (shitbags that clearly have not learned their lessons and baby molesters).

Any guy or gal holding a shit job 40 hours a week, and trying to be a family gets a pass from me if they want to blow off some steam on the weekends.

I DEFINITELY don't want to be mired in her family drama because I cArrY bUt i dONt wAnt hIM to YOU JUST DONT KNOW HES CHANGED blah blah blah.

He asked to see some of my firearms and other things over the years, and asked me to make him a fucking holster because he knew I did that stuff. I just told him I am not his nanny but I can't talk or hang around him doing dirt that he should know better than to be doing around me.

Then, I told the wife, I couldn't be around that nonsense, and if she was smart, she would minimize her exposure as well, and since I suspected he was armed, first time there was a domestic over there the odds of me shooting him went way way WAY up.

I can't testify for a fact that he possessed a firearm or drinking or probably drugs. I did not associate with him past brief encounters at family get togethers. He was not allowed down at my place except for incidental contact when he was being driven by the SIL. I don't give a fuck what he thinks of me or 'my high horse'.

Now they are divorced and things are better and nothing ever happened that jeopardized my position as a police officer, or later as a cleared federal contractor. (shrugs)

Be the alpha. Don't let him touch your stuff, don't be in a place where a phone camera, you, him, and a gun or other felonious behavior is occurring, and let their life play out without you is the best I can offer. Don't have any 'talks' where the guy sits and stews and decides to try and fuck you later, either. You're not the family Dad, just a role player. Do you. DEFINITELY do not seek counsel at work, and play be very ignorant of the situation otherwise. 'he paid his debt to society. She likes him, that's all I know, detective'.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top