Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2024 10:02:54 AM EDT

I'm trying to do a US dollars to US dollars transfer to "Equals Money, UK" to a US Dollars focused account. Basically trying to avoid converting to usd-gbp-gbp-usd as it becomes a bit pricey.

Anyone have any experience doing these types of transfers?

My receiver has an Equals Money-UK account that operates in USD and allows for transfers.

Anyone done this before? Anyone with some strong google-fu for a helping hand?

Thank you for any direction.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:31:10 AM EDT
[#1]
It’s been a minute, but have you looked into wise, or revolut?
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:56:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I’ll look into those.

It’s weird as the receiver bank and their account prides itself on USD-USD transfers and similar. They are proud to be a fintech leading edge.

The problem is in Chase account, even though the receiver uses an IBAN, their address is UK. Then the system defaults to GBP.

One deal I had to pay the exchange rate both ways. Costly over time.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:12:51 AM EDT
[#3]
This might require contacting the bank, and it also likely depends on the receiving account.

We do USD-USD transfers to Madagascar multiple times a month, but we had to set up a USD account at Bank of Africa. If I try transferring USD to a local standard account, it will default to local currency because the account is a local currency account.

We (my company) can only have one USD account, but multiple local accounts on the same company "user account". We also have a Euro account for transfers from Europe.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top