Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2024 11:33:28 AM EDT
This is probably gonna be a weird post. Has the resurrection already taken place in the realm of the Spirit that exists outside of creation and time? We being temporal creatures cannot see it yet as we are constrained to what is revealed in this reality/creation.

Jesus said "It is finished" and God is the God of the living. Jesus is the beginning and the end.

I guess this is kind of a Predestination vs Free Will thing. Are those who are saved that are still living, actually already in Heaven in their new bodies? Are we, in our sinful flesh saved because in our belief in Jesus, we have passed through the fire and are made new and are in Gods presence in Heaven?

Jesus says that He call his sheep and that He knocks. He also says that for those who knock that He will open the door. So perhaps it's some kind of crazy mix of both that is probably incomprehensible to our Human minds.

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]
And I heard a voice from heaven telling me to write, "Blessed are the dead those who die in the Lord from this moment on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labors, for their deeds will follow them." (Revelation 14:13)

When you die, the judgment of your flesh will be left behind, having been nailed to the cross with Christ. The time between resting and leaving behind something would seem to indicate this death references the end of our life in the flesh and that this precedes some part oh our journey.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]
To be absent from the body is to be present with the Father.

We were with him since he created our spiritual body. Since the foundation of the world.
Bibical!
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:09:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
To be absent from the body is to be present with the Father.

We were with him since he created our spiritual body. Since the foundation of the world.
Bibical!
View Quote
There are many examples in the Bible referencing names being blotted out of the book of life. The book has certainly existed since the foundations of the world, but the word implies that its contents could change and that there are conditions to remain in the book! For example, the below promise is given to those that "overcome."

"Like them, he who overcomes will be dressed in white. And I will never blot out his name from the Book of Life, but I will confess his name before My Father and His angels." (Revelation 3:5)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top