Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2023 10:23:26 PM EDT
I have your typical surround sound system, but sometimes I just want to run the soundbar and want some bass.   My TCL soundbar has a separate bass module, but it's pretty whimpy.

I have the Sony UBP-X800M2 4k bluray player, and it has 2 hdmi outputs.   Is it possible to run one of those hdmi outputs into some type of "controller" and then run the signal into one of my powered subs?   So, go frum the bluray player, to the controller, to the sub.

Thoughts?    thx
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 10:36:47 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KVR1LNG?tag=arfcom00-20

Something like this should do that.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 10:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gamma762:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KVR1LNG?tag=arfcom00-20

Something like this should do that.
View Quote

thank you!!    I'll check it out.     ^_^
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 5:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess this was a while ago, but running HDMI from the blu-ray player to a subwoofer would bypass the volume control. So at best, you'd have 2 different controls for volume. You're better off trying to remove the "wimpy" bass module and integrate something bigger in it's place.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:40:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Meerkatze] [#4]
Well if your Bluray has Digital Coax Out, then you can plug that into a cheap DAC like a Fosi Audio DA2120C or a similar unit from Aiyima or SMSL Audio and that should do it. There's several models out there that have different functionality.

But you aren't going to have decoding, so you aren't going to have Dolby Surround, I don't believe.  Just 2.1 stereo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top