Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2024 11:57:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: acegunner]
Does anyone have any experience with Islander? I went to look at them based on a post here in an "affordable watch" thread.

I really want a Flieger style watch, and they have some great looking ones with both type A and B style dials.

They seem like a great bang for the buck considering they are automatic, have AR Sapphire crystal and hacking. I haven't seen may brands that are auto and Sapphire for just above $200. It just seems like some great features for the price point.

Does anyone have any reviews or positive things to say about the brand and the company in general? You know, for the poorz

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Here are a few pics. I don't really care for the straps, but that's an easy fix. They have black, white, blue and full lume in black DLC or stainless cases and A and B dials.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't own one of Marks watches but I have purchased other watches and items from his store and have followed his youtube channel for years, I would say they are good to go.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Good dude, solid company.

I would have no reservations.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve been thinking about ordering my wife a pink Manhasset 36mm Explorer homage.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one of his divers. Excellent watch for the money.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve heard good things but no first hand. Seems like Seiko movements (NH35?) in a lot so I’d imagine good not amazing.

That full face lume looks cool.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I have several Islander watches, including a green “B” dial aviator. I put it on a tan leather bundt strap. They are all good watches that use Seiko movements.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank everyone. Of course the ones I want are out of stock I will give them a shot when they get restocked.  For the price, I'm sure they will be just fine.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:29:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: safes2small] [#9]
For the price I’d look at Tandorio on Allie. They have type A and B, steel or titanium cases, 36mm or 39mm. I’ve used some of their cases for mod watches and they use NH35 like Islander. Even have sapphire crystal but no AR coating.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Good to go. I own two Islanders and have bought other brands from their shop.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:59:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sorry_Your_Girl_Lost] [#11]
The owner seems cool.  I have seen some of his YouTube videos.  I would buy one, but he doesn't have any styles/dimensions I like.  Also, considering they are mostly homage watches made in china.. I would just go to the source and get a similar watch on AliExpress.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:12:19 PM EDT
[#12]
cool owner, terrible logo

nice that the pilot watches he offers have the logo deleted
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:40:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By acegunner:
Thank everyone. Of course the ones I want are out of stock I will give them a shot when they get restocked.  For the price, I'm sure they will be just fine.
View Quote
Sign up for their emails.  I believe they offer a discount on your first order and they do have sales from time to time.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RonGonzo:
cool owner, terrible logo

nice that the pilot watches he offers have the logo deleted
View Quote

Yeah is he trying to tell us its always 5 o'clock somewhere? Maybe 4?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RobertL:
I’ve been thinking about ordering my wife a pink Manhasset 36mm Explorer homage.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/67156/IMG_6897-3198597.jpg
View Quote

Manhasset. Nice.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Dull-shooterM4:

Manhasset. Nice.
View Quote

Ordered it yesterday, should be here later this week.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I got one for cheap that was supposed to be broken or damaged to learn how to work on watches. Showed up in like new condition and runs great It seems very well made and has great lume
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By bgenlvtex:
Good dude, solid company.

I would have no reservations.
View Quote

No personal experience, but everything I’ve ever read is this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top