Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2023 2:52:18 PM EDT
Two years ago 10/30 we went to get Jean from Mark not knowing that this would be the last opportunity we would have with the OG.  Miss you joker, glad you found a worthy successor.

Jean is a kickass 100% purebred mutt.

Hope uno and dos are kicking ass too

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

This is Jean with Annie, our 2019 SFDR rescue
Attachment Attached File

Here they are this week
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 12:17:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tep0583] [#1]
Dos/Alita is indeed kidding ass!  She turned up with heartworms earlier this year and kicked the shit out of them. She doing great and learning to let my other two clowns know she isn't no pushover!

On vacation with us last month. I'll get some more pictures posted soon. Talked to uno's owner in the last 6-7 months and she's doing good, too.

Link Posted: 10/31/2023 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Mark was getting some miles in that week. We picked up Alita on 11/01 in Vandalia. Met in a church parking lot and BS'd for an hour or so, while the puppies played. Mark and my wife got on marvelously and talked at length about dogs.

The vet told us to put her on about 25% more food than what we'd normally feed her, to put some weight on her. It worked and she not only filled out, she just kept growing. I had assumed she'd top out around 45-50 lbs. At her last checkup, she was 84 and the vet said we should cut back on her food a little. They think 75-80 is probably her ideal weight.

It used to take her all of about 5 seconds to scarf down a bowl of food, now she eats at a more leisurely pace. She's figured out food comes twice a day now, every day and is a lot less concerned with eating fast. She WILL finish off either of the other dogs' food for them, if given the chance.

Our female warmed up to her immediately. I think her maternal instincts kicked in and she treats her like she's her puppy. Alita can get away with anything with her, while our male catches hell for trying a lot of the same stuff.

Link Posted: 10/31/2023 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s crazy that Jean is so much smaller.

She topped at 47# and is a runt compared to her litter mates.

The most chill non-gsd I’ve ever seen
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 9:46:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought Uno was mid-40s too?

I can't figure out why this one got so big. She's a damn crackhead, too. She's finally calming down some, but still a little crazy.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top