Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2024 4:30:09 PM EDT
I'm re-reading Pollocks book collection starting with Crossfire a and then Centrifuge.They are kind of hard to find.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I liked both of those. I always wondered what Pollocks background was.

Another hard to find great is "The Dying Place" by Maurer.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Info on J.C. Pollock...............

The Dennecker Code(1982)Description / Buy at Amazon
Mission M.I.A.(1982)Description / Buy at Amazon
Centrifuge(1984)Description / Buy at Amazon
Crossfire(1985)Description / Buy at Amazon
Payback(1989)Description / Buy at Amazon
Threat Case(1991)Description / Buy at Amazon
Goering's List(1993)Description / Buy at Amazon
J.C. Pollock is a bestselling military fiction author that has to be one of the most elusive authors out there. He made his fiction writing debut when he penned “The Dennecker Code” in 1982.
At some point during the 1990s, he penned several titles under the pseudonym James Elliot which made him an even more enigmatic character.

For some time he was confused with the wife-husband writing team of Jim and Carolyn Hougan who penned novels such as “The First Horseman” and “The Genesis Code” under the name John Case.

However, some bloggers have managed to contact the author who confirmed that indeed he was the author of the James Elliot novels including the very popular “Cold Heart” and “Endgame.”

After achieving a lot of success with his debut novel, he penned several more titles under the Pollock name with the last being the 1993 published “Goering’s List.”

While it cannot be proved, rumor has it that J.C. Pollock could have served in Vietnam with SOG recon teams in Vietnam.

During 1993 and 1994, Pollock appeared on network television TV to promote Goering’s list. It was on the show that he was asked if he served in Vietnam and he simply answered that he was never in the military even though he had served in Vietnam.
In addition to the interview, some people have asserted that they met him nearly three decades earlier. A blogger on Medium who was in the military claims to have met him in a highly classified CIA safe house in Saigon in 1966.

It was a house known for being the operations center for briefing black ops operatives. It was also used to process newly arrived SOG reconnaissance teams and brief SOG personnel.

If the blogger is to be believed, it may be argued that Pollock may have been a military intelligence officer engaged in black ops during this time. If that is the case, it would explain why he would later on become a military thriller novelist who pens very realistic novels seemingly from the perspective of an insider.

After achieving much success with his novels, J.C. Pollock went into screenwriting and worked for some time in Hollywood. He is credited with writing the script for “End Game,” the straight-to-DVD film that was directed by Andy Cheng and starred James Woods and Cuba Gooding, Jr.
He has worked on several other projects in Hollywood that have also found some success. He has also worked on “The Venus Fixer,” a New Line Cinema project, which he asserted he found to be a lot of fun as compared to his work on “End Game.”
He continues to work in Hollywood as a screenwriter, even though he has lived all over the United States. For several years, he lived in Aspen, Colorado, and according to reports, he currently makes his home in Virginia.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 8:36:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ExFed1811] [#3]
Originally Posted By 26120:
I'm re-reading Pollocks book collection starting with Crossfire a and then Centrifuge.They are kind of hard to find.
View Quote

I love his books.  When you read them, you definitely get the idea the author has some history somewhere.  Georing's list is my favorite, followed by Payback.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:18:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top