Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2024 10:49:24 PM EDT
The Grand Cherokees always seem to have trouble with warped rotors, especially the back ones. Anyone have a recommendation for after market rotors?  There are plenty of choices out there so hoping to find something better than factory.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:12:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Glenzo:
The Grand Cherokees always seem to have trouble with warped rotors, especially the back ones. Anyone have a recommendation for after market rotors?  There are plenty of choices out there so hoping to find something better than factory.
View Quote

I almost always go with Power Stop coated rotors. Can’t say they are better than OE but they have worked well for me on all the vehicles I have used them on.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:36:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Are the ones you are warping actual OE, from a Chrysler dealer, or cheap shit from an auto parts store that says "OE" on it? Is it a common issue with the year/model?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:41:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Try using the Bosch Quiet Cast rotors.

No issues with them on my F150.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:15:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jeremy223:
Are the ones you are warping actual OE, from a Chrysler dealer, or cheap shit from an auto parts store that says "OE" on it? Is it a common issue with the year/model?
View Quote

They are OE from Chrysler dealer. Seems to be a common issue especially with the rears. Mine is a 2021  Grand Cherokee Overland High Altitude with the 5.7 Hemi.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:53:21 AM EDT
[#5]
How are the rear hoses?

How many rotors have you been throigh?

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:26:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Glenzo:
View Quote

When torquing lug nuts, adhere to spec, use star method and hand tq wrench only. This will solve 99% of rotor warping issues on street cars.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Took it into the dealer and much to my surprise both front rotors were warped, rears were good. Could have sworn it was the rears that were bad.  Fronts were replaced and calipers serviced. Still keeping an eye out for better after market rotors just in case.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:08:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Centric GCX coated, Bosch quiet Cast, Brembo.  

Akebono pads.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 4:00:11 PM EDT
[#10]
We've been lucky.  Despite the common chrylser reliability gripes our 2014 JGC has been issue free.  Tires and a battery are all I've done since bought new.

Wish I had that 5.7 though.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#11]
My 40k mile 2017 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 with the Hemi engine has been good.  Bought in 2018 with 16k miles.  No problems with the brakes or anything else other than the rear hatch latch gave out.  Replaced it with an $89 Amazon latch and it again works like it should. The dealer wanted ~ $700 for the same.  

But...  It still has the original battery that will soon leave me stranded.  Should I replace it now or see how far it'll take me?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't trust dealers with brakes anymore. Tried to get me to do a $3k brake job over someone fat fingering the wrong numbers into their tablet.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:58:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: madmacs69] [#13]
I seem to recall one of our GC's had ceramic pads and rotors lasted about 12k miles. Might be worth checking out.

It might also be worth looking for bluing of the rotors showing heat being an issue.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By OneMoreAR:
But...  It still has the original battery that will soon leave me stranded.  Should I replace it now or see how far it'll take me?
View Quote

I replace batteries every 4 years.  Period.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:23:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Not to break your heart or anything....

I was looking at craigslist and someone nearby was selling a brand new set of Stillen slotted rotors, fronts and rears, for $150.  I talked him down to $100 and they're out in the garage now.  Sooner or later I'll use them; the ones on there aren't that old but my fronts warp too quickly, especially with the hemi always wanting to go go go.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:03:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RhinelandArms] [#16]
I have had excellent results with the power stop rotors, with just about any type of high quality pad. I have also had great results with EBC rotors but those are pretty pricey.

I have not had luck with bosch or most other common brand rotors, especially if they say made in china on the box.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top