Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2024 8:11:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com]
Scripture makes it clear what happened to the Laws of Moses when Christ was Crucified. These Laws can be found in the first 5-books of the Bible. What about the other Laws, those written by other authors in the Old Testament?

Jesus replied, "Is it not written in your Law: 'I have said you are gods'? (John 10:34)

- In this verse Jesus is quoting Psalm 82 which was not written by Moses. Psalm 82 was written by Asaph and compiled by King David. Thus, this verse is evidence that Jesus considers other writings outside the Books of Moses to be part of the Law. Therefore, by the words of Christ we understand the total sum of the laws cannot be determined from only the Books of Moses.

Even in your own Law it is written that the testimony of two men is valid. (John 8:17)

- Likewise, in this verse Jesus quotes Deuteronomy 19:15, but this time he is quoting from the Laws of Moses. We can conclude "your Law" and "your own Law" reference both the laws of Moses and also laws that appear afterwards, and these are the tools possessed by his Accuser.

Then a shoot will spring up from the stump of Jesse, and a Branch from his roots will bear fruit. (Isaiah 11:1)

- The tree that came from Jesse was his son David's Kingdom. That kingdom and even those Laws were cutdown to a stump, never to be replaced again by men, but rather the promised Messiah. David's Kingdom and His authority were disarmed. Thus, it was a false hope that those afterwards could restore it or that any such tree could grow again out of the works of men. Rather, it was promised the new growth that sprouts from that decaying mass will be the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus! His victory was over all such laws of salvation, whether from Moses, Asaph (author of Psalm 82), David, or Others.

He forgave us all our trespasses, having canceled the debt ascribed to us in the decrees that stood against us. He took it away, nailing it to the cross! And having disarmed the powers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross. (Colossians 2:14-15)

"Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, in whom you have put your hope." (John 5:45)

With Love, Jesse
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Jesus IS the fullfillment of the Old Testament..  HE is present throughout most of it.   The Laws of Moses.were created to help the People of Israel become what GOD wanted them to be, a Holy People, Sacred and Unblemished.  Sadly they continually failed, as do we all
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:12:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By badguybuster:
Jesus IS the fullfillment of the Old Testament..  HE is present throughout most of it.   The Laws of Moses.were created to help the People of Israel become what GOD wanted them to be, a Holy People, Sacred and Unblemished.  Sadly they continually failed, as do we all
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:11:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#4]
"Until all is accomplished" would be referring to his own death and resurrection.  
Prior to that piece of prophesy being fulfilled all continued to be judged under the law.    
That would be the part of the New Testament that had yet to be written.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:52:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DOGS2008] [#5]
Originally Posted By Bucket-Back:

There is a sizable amount of the OT prophecy that hasn't happened yet

Matthew 5: 17-18

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

So was Jesus also referring to the New Testament that was not written yet?
View Quote

"Until all is accomplished" would be referring to his own death and resurrection.  
Prior to that piece of prophesy being fulfilled all continued to be judged under the law.    

The next event in the timeline of Old Testament prophesy is the rapture of the church.
The world is on course for that event to occur at any time.
I was told in the 70's and 80's (when common Biblical truth was still relatively common) it could happen any day.
The radical departure from Biblical truth in the last 4? years makes 1980 look inocent in comparison.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 2:29:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com] [#6]
Originally Posted By DOGS2008:

The next event in the timeline of Old Testament prophesy is the rapture of the church.
I was told in the 70's and 80's (when common Biblical truth was still relatively common) it could happen any day.
The radical departure from Biblical truth in the last 4? years makes 1980 look inocent in comparison.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DOGS2008:
Originally Posted By Bucket-Back:

There is a sizable amount of the OT prophecy that hasn't happened yet

Matthew 5: 17-18

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

So was Jesus also referring to the New Testament that was not written yet?

Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed  (1 Corinthians 15:51)

Even in the time of Paul people still slept in the grave when they died, but here he is saying that some of his audience would not sleep but would be taken up. Paul is aware of Matthew 24 and Jesus's promise to gather his elect within 1-generation.

If we say this verse is in our future then there is no prophetic event that allows for those "Elect who first believed" witnesses in Christ that were asleep to go up into Heaven and provide their testimony in Revelation 12. Their testimony was needed in the past to defeat Satan along with the blood. (Unless you think Jesus and Satan are hanging out together up in Heaven)

Revelation 14 includes a promise indicating we won't have to sleep, so how did the witnesses get to heaven to offer their testimony in Revelation 12 if they weren't previously taken before the whole harvest?

So if we say that these verses are about our future and not 70ish we remove any way for the witnesses to go into heaven since we know people still slept in the time of Paul. However, if we say they were taken "Soon" and within "One-Generation" just as the Bible proclaims, then Satan has been cast out of Heaven and we can now go into his Kingdom when we die. It is my belief that Jesus already gathered his elect first-fruit witnesses in the period before the temple was destroyed. This is why there was a rumor that John would never die, but that he would remain until Christ returned.

And I heard a loud voice in heaven saying:

"Now have come the salvation and the power
and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of His Christ.
For the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down
he who accuses them day and night before our God.
They have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony.
And they did not love their lives
so as to shy away from death.
(Revelation 12:10-11)

And I heard a voice from heaven telling me to write, "Blessed are the dead those who die in the Lord from this moment on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labors, for their deeds will follow them." (Revelation 14:13)

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#7]
there are still words in the OT that are still very relevant, the entire OT isn't fulfilled... just the covenant, the contract, the law. We are now under the new covenant, written on our hearts instead of stone.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 3:41:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Matthew 5:18
King James Version
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 2:19:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com] [#9]
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
Matthew 5:18
King James Version
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

View Quote
Have you considered Earth is now a carcass after she was in great agony and Jesus was born from her belly (Sheol)? What about the changes in Heaven when Judgement was passed upon some of the hosts of the assembly and they were thrown down?
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#10]
John 5:46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. 47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 2:04:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com] [#11]
Originally Posted By RSR556:
John 5:46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. 47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"
View Quote
The previous verse John 5:45 is very important. It tells you that if you put your faith in those writings you have a Satan in Heaven. You can believe them to be true, but they were not the source of salvation, they were the promise of a future salvation through Christ.

The previous verse from your quote:
"Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, in whom you have put your hope." John 5:45

I think the below verse is what Paul would say to clarify these things. As he is having to clarify to those confused by such law following verses.

7What then shall we say? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed, I would not have been mindful of sin if not for the law. For I would not have been aware of coveting if the law had not said, "Do not covet." 8But sin, seizing its opportunity through the commandment, produced in me every kind of covetous desire. For apart from the law, sin is dead. (Romans 7:7-11)

Does this not say the Law must be removed for your sin to die? If you are saved did your sin not die on the cross with Christ? Where then is the Law and how could it possibly remain with you if it must depart?

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Tech-Com:
The previous verse John 5:45 is very important. It tells you that if you put your faith in those writings you have a Satan in Heaven. You can believe them to be true, but they were not the source of salvation, they were the promise of a future salvation through Christ.

"Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, in whom you have put your hope." John 5:45

I think the below verse is what Paul would say to clarify these things. As he is having to clarify to those confused by such law following verses.

7What then shall we say? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed, I would not have been mindful of sin if not for the law. For I would not have been aware of coveting if the law had not said, "Do not covet." 8But sin, seizing its opportunity through the commandment, produced in me every kind of covetous desire. For apart from the law, sin is dead. (Romans 7:7-11)

Does this not say the Law must be removed for your sin to die? If you are saved did your sin not die on the cross with Christ? Where then is the Law and how could it possibly remain with you if it must depart?

View All Quotes
John 5:46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. 47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"

The Commandments are twofold. One side of it is obedience brings blessing, and the other aspect of it is disobedience brings curses.

Keep reading

9 I was once alive apart from the Law; but when the commandment came, sin came to life, and I died; 10 and this commandment, which was to result in life, proved to result in death for me; 11 for sin, taking an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me, and through it, killed me. 12 So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good. 13 Therefore did that which is good become a cause of death for me? Far from it! Rather it was sin, in order that it might be shown to be sin by bringing about my death through that which is good, so that through the commandment sin would become utterly sinful. 14 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am fleshly, sold into bondage to sin. 15 For I do not understand what I am doing; for I am not practicing what I want to do, but I do the very thing I hate. 16 However, if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, that the Law is good. 17 But now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that good does not dwell in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. 19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. 20 But if I do the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin that dwells in me.
21 I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. 22 For I joyfully agree with the law of God in the inner person, 23 but I see a different law in the parts of my body waging war against the law of my mind, and making me a prisoner of the law of sin, the law which is in my body’s parts. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

Our Messiah not only kept the Law, but expounded on it.

Matt. 5:27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery’; 28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Mankind has never been redeemed by keeping the Commandments. What keeping the Commandments gives us is blessings, which one of the greatest blessings is discernment between the truth and traditions of men.

John 14:21 The one who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and the one who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him.

The only Law that was nailed to the cross was the Law of sin and death, through the precious unblemished life blood of our Messiah.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:43:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com] [#13]

The Commandments are twofold. One side of it is obedience brings blessing, and the other aspect of it is disobedience brings curses.

Keep reading

9 I was once alive apart from the Law; but when the commandment came, sin came to life, and I died; 10 and this commandment, which was to result in life, proved to result in death for me; 11 for sin, taking an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me, and through it, killed me. 12 So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good. 13 Therefore did that which is good become a cause of death for me? Far from it! Rather it was sin, in order that it might be shown to be sin by bringing about my death through that which is good, so that through the commandment sin would become utterly sinful. 14 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am fleshly, sold into bondage to sin. 15 For I do not understand what I am doing; for I am not practicing what I want to do, but I do the very thing I hate. 16 However, if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, that the Law is good. 17 But now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that good does not dwell in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. 19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. 20 But if I do the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin that dwells in me.
21 I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. 22 For I joyfully agree with the law of God in the inner person, 23 but I see a different law in the parts of my body waging war against the law of my mind, and making me a prisoner of the law of sin, the law which is in my body's parts. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

Matt. 5:27 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery'; 28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Mankind has never been redeemed by keeping the Commandments. What keeping the Commandments gives us is blessings, which one of the greatest blessings is discernment between the truth and traditions of men.

John 14:21 The one who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and the one who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him.

The only Law that was nailed to the cross was the Law of sin and death, through the precious unblemished life blood of our Messiah.
View All Quotes

Keep reading

21 I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. 22 For I joyfully agree with the law of God in the inner person, 23 but I see a different law in the parts of my body waging war against the law of my mind, and making me a prisoner of the law of sin, the law which is in my body's parts. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

Matt. 5:27 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery'; 28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

The commandments from the verse you quoted in John arn't the old ones of Sin and Death. Nor are they ones of ink or stone.

Throughout all of John's writings he is talking of the new commandments proclaimed by Christ from Jerusalem, for it was prophesied that the Law would go forth from Jerusalem. She is a free woman unlike the laws from Sinai that are a slave.

Revelation 14:12 (Written by John)
Here is a call for the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

- What are these commandments of God that John has previously defined in his writings?

1 John 3:23
And this is His commandment: that we should believe in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and we should love one another just as He commanded us.

- What are the commandments of Christ that John has previously referenced?

John 13:34
"A new commandment I give to you, that you should love one another. As I have loved you, so you also should love one another."

Matthew 22:37-40 (Quote of Christ)
Jesus declared, " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

- Now that we have completely defined all commandments that have been referenced, we understand that by faith and love we keep the commandments!

1 John 5:2-4
By this we know that we love the children of God: when we love God and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome, because everyone born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world: our faith.

His "not burdensome commandments" are not the same as those of the flesh that were written on stone or with ink because those are the ones referred to as a curse!

12For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed as well. (Hebrews 7:12)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top