Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/28/2024 2:47:28 PM EDT
Jewish Americans appear to remain strongly behind President Biden in his handling of the war between Israel and Hamas even as he bleeds support from some other groups.

The administration’s response has drawn criticism from some segments of the public and led to concern that it could hurt his standing in the polls for the November election, especially with young voters and Arab Americans.

But polls have shown that Jewish Americans, who largely consider themselves Democrats, overwhelmingly back Biden’s handling of the war in his support for Israel’s right to self-defense and condemnation of the Oct. 7 attack and antisemitism.

“There could not be a stronger leader more aligned with the interests of the Jewish community than President Joe Biden,” said Halie Soifer, the CEO of the Jewish Democratic Council of America.

“He has not only stood by Israel in his unequivocal condemnation of terror, support of Israel’s security and its right to self-defense, but he has also pledged that he supports the American Jewish community as it faces this rising scourge of hate,” she continued.

Biden has found himself in a difficult situation politically as the war has raged on, as voters express strong feelings for both the Israeli and Palestinian causes.

A New York Times/Siena College poll found only 33 percent of voters approved of Biden’s handling of the war. The results of the poll reveal conflicting sentiments among those who disapprove, with a third saying Biden has been too supportive of Israel and almost the same amount saying he has been too supportive of the Palestinians.

An NBC News poll from November found just half of Democrats approve of Biden’s handling of the war, while 70 percent of voters age 18 to 34 disapprove.

But Jewish voters have been an exception, giving the president high marks for his navigation of the war and fight against antisemitism, which has seen a sharp rise since the war began.

A poll from the nonpartisan Jewish Electorate Institute found in November that nearly three-quarters of Jewish voters support Biden’s handling of the war. An age gap in support still exists, but a slight majority of the youngest Jewish voters said they support his handling.

Soifer said the way Biden has handled the conflict will “only solidify” what is already a strong base of support for him among Jewish voters. More than 7 in 10 Jewish voters backed Biden in the 2020 election.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4385816-jewish-american-support-for-biden-stands-firm-amid-israel-hamas-war/
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:50:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 999monkeys] [#1]
The article is about one specific issue, the Israel and Hamas war.

I personally believe Trump would have been better than Biden on this at supporting Israel, but it’s just speculation.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Atheist jews have always been like that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Biden chose wisely: there may be more voters who are against supporting Israel, but the ones who do donate more money.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:51:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By R2point0:
Biden chose wisely: there may be more voters who are against supporting Israel, but the ones who do donate more money.
View Quote

"biden chose" like you really think he sat down and figured this out between deepthroating ice creams
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:52:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: deadmau5er] [#6]
Jewish people really need to start classifying themselves in subgroups.

Out of the hundreds of post-Soviet Jews who came to the US I've met/known/still know in NYC, every single one would kill themselves before they voted for a dem.

The super westernized/atheist/progresso Jews from Hollywood and shit are hated by actual Jewish people.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
Idk bout that. Ben Shapiro only gave not gay Jared $500 for his legal fund.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:52:43 PM EDT
[#8]
A majority of voters are “worse off financially” under President Joe Biden, up 25 points since he assumed office in 2021, a Fox News poll found Wednesday.

Under Biden’s leadership, prices across the board surged by nearly 20 percent. Gas prices are also up about 48 percent since Biden took office.

The poll asked respondents, “Are you better off or worse off financially today than you were four years ago, or about
the same?”

Better off: 22 percent
   Worse off: 52 percent
   About the same: 26 percent
   (Don’t know): *

When Fox News asked the same question in December 2021, only 27 percent said they were worse off than four years ago under former President Donald Trump, 25 points fewer.

Better off: 17 percent
   Worse off: 27 percent
   About the same: 44 percent
   (Don’t know): 1 percent

While a contrast between the two polls revealed a similar number of voters (22, 17 percent) felt “better off,” the percentage of voters who felt “about the same” financially dramatically shifted in a negative direction for Biden.

2021 — About the same: 44 percent
   2024 — About the same: 26 percent

Many of those who said in 2021 they felt “about the same” regarding their financial position, shifted to “worse off” during the four-year period, the polling data suggests.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#9]
This is why I laugh at people that say Hispanics and Latinos are natural conservatives and will vote R if only the right messaging was used.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
View Quote

Funny, the article didn’t mention only the atheist ones…
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:54:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HecklerKac] [#12]
No real surprise.

Most jews are very leftist and very anti gun.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:54:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher15] [#13]
Originally Posted By jackthom8:
Jewish Americans appear to remain strongly behind President Biden in his handling of the war between Israel and Hamas even as he bleeds support from some other groups.

The administration's response has drawn criticism from some segments of the public and led to concern that it could hurt his standing in the polls for the November election, especially with young voters and Arab Americans.

But polls have shown that Jewish Americans, who largely consider themselves Democrats, overwhelmingly back Biden's handling of the war in his support for Israel's right to self-defense and condemnation of the Oct. 7 attack and antisemitism.

"There could not be a stronger leader more aligned with the interests of the Jewish community than President Joe Biden," said Halie Soifer, the CEO of the Jewish Democratic Council of America.

"He has not only stood by Israel in his unequivocal condemnation of terror, support of Israel's security and its right to self-defense, but he has also pledged that he supports the American Jewish community as it faces this rising scourge of hate," she continued.

Biden has found himself in a difficult situation politically as the war has raged on, as voters express strong feelings for both the Israeli and Palestinian causes.

A New York Times/Siena College poll found only 33 percent of voters approved of Biden's handling of the war. The results of the poll reveal conflicting sentiments among those who disapprove, with a third saying Biden has been too supportive of Israel and almost the same amount saying he has been too supportive of the Palestinians.

An NBC News poll from November found just half of Democrats approve of Biden's handling of the war, while 70 percent of voters age 18 to 34 disapprove.

But Jewish voters have been an exception, giving the president high marks for his navigation of the war and fight against antisemitism, which has seen a sharp rise since the war began.

A poll from the nonpartisan Jewish Electorate Institute found in November that nearly three-quarters of Jewish voters support Biden's handling of the war. An age gap in support still exists, but a slight majority of the youngest Jewish voters said they support his handling.

Soifer said the way Biden has handled the conflict will "only solidify" what is already a strong base of support for him among Jewish voters. More than 7 in 10 Jewish voters backed Biden in the 2020 election.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4385816-jewish-american-support-for-biden-stands-firm-amid-israel-hamas-war/
View Quote
American Jews, in large part, are secular.  Its just a badge of sorts.  They dont actually care if Muslims slaughter the religious. Govt is their religion
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#14]
90% vote left.  This isn't a surprise.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:56:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronin72] [#15]
Normally I don't believe polls, but this one seems accurate. I wonder who they are going to blame next time they are getting loaded into the box cars. Oh, and people might want to get the word out...there won't be enough of us left to help them the next time. They will be on their own.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

A lot of those anti-Israel Dems will end up voting for Kennedy.  Biden is in a pinch here as Deep State/CIA/Nuland wants him to support Israel, while the hard Left wants him to support Hamas.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:57:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 999monkeys] [#17]
Originally Posted By C3H5N3O9:
This is why I laugh at people that say Hispanics and Latinos are natural conservatives and will vote R if only the right messaging was used.
View Quote

Ummm.. Hispanics are mostly Catholic and anti-abortion, traditional gender roles, etc.

Most American Jews are progressive (not using term politically).

You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Maybe another way to say it:  most Hispanics already believe everything you do, most Jews don’t.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By HBIII:

Funny, the article didn't mention only the atheist ones
View Quote
Atheist, conservative and reform Jews are all overwhelming liberal. If I'm not mistaken,  atheist Jews are the majority of Jews in America now. As a whole they don't have much direct election power anyway, considering they're like, 2% of the population.  You can argue that they're great at financing it though, but that's a separate issue.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Thunder900:

A lot of those anti-Israel Dems will end up voting for Kennedy.  ...
View Quote
Lol.  Seriously?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 999monkeys:

Ummm.. Hispanic’s are mostly Catholic and anti-abortion, traditional gender roles, etc.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Ummm.. Hispanic’s are mostly Catholic and anti-abortion, traditional gender roles, etc.

I live in an area that’s 90%+ latino/hispanic and has been that way for decades.  Care to guess which political party runs things down here and has for decades?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

It's an old rhetorical trick. We're supposed to pretend the Orthodox (who lean right) are representative of all or the majority of Jews to cover up the fact that without cherrypicking, Jews are the farthest left ethnic group in America.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Not me. Never did, never will.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:06:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By macaho45:
90% vote left.  This isn't a surprise.
View Quote

75%. Don't exaggerate.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:11:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Say it isn’t so, there are as many dumb Jews as there are dumb Christians, Catholics, Mormons, Hindus & whatever else there is for religious beliefs.  

There is a certain population who will vote for an idiot no matter how bad things get.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:16:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't know anything about the 'non-partisan' polling organization that was quoted.

But I do know that a lot of polling is little more than hot garbage.

And that a lot of people and organizations who loudly trumpet their 'non-partisanship' are anything but non-partisan.

That said, there certainly are a lot of people who are ignorant idiots. Including both Jews and non-Jews.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:17:55 PM EDT
[#27]
No shit .
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Someone has to be a Kapo
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

They are conservative when it comes to family values, but they will vote for free shit in a heart beat.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By BooJangles:

They are conservative when it comes to family values, but they will vote for free shit in a heart beat.
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Just like with citizens in many other countries across the world.  We deserve exactly what we vote for.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Not surprised there are members of the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Muscogee (Creek), and Seminoles tribes that vote Democrat. I guess they didn't hear the stories of the Trail of Tears growing up and how Andrew Jackson founder of the Democrat part defined the Supreme Court to make it happen.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#34]
It would not surprise me.  Many American Jews suffer from "abused spouse syndrome" and they identity with their abusers, the DNC.

The less religiously observant they are, the more often they do this.

It is not new but it is still sad.

On a side note, there is no correlation between intelligence and wisdom.  Zero.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By markmars:
Not surprised there are members of the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Muscogee (Creek), and Seminoles tribes that vote Democrat. I guess they didn't hear the stories of the Trail of Tears growing up and how Andrew Jackson founder of the Democrat part defined the Supreme Court to make it happen.

View Quote

See my post above.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#36]
As a jew...

What a bunch of stupid, brainwashed, cant see the future, self hating, suicidal, fucks...
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#37]
I can only speak to the Hassidic Jewish community in NYC as I've had more than my share of dealings with them, I can say they will vote for free shit over anything. Add to that every NYC Democrat politician bends over backwards to accomodate them for thier vote, and it guarantees they vote 'D' each and every time. And when their Grand Rebbi (or whoever their leader is) says "Vote D', each and every one of them will vote straight 'D' across the entire ticket, from POTUS on down. They are one of he most powerful voting block in NYC because they ALL vote exactly as they are told by their leadership
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:01:53 PM EDT
[#38]
They are their own worst enemies.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ChrisLe:
I can only speak to the Hassidic Jewish community in NYC as I've had more than my share of dealings with them, I can say they will vote for free shit over anything. Add to that every NYC Democrat politician bends over backwards to accomodate them for thier vote, and it guarantees they vote 'D' each and every time. And when their Grand Rebbi (or whoever their leader is) says "Vote D', each and every one of them will vote straight 'D' across the entire ticket, from POTUS on down. They are one of he most powerful voting block in NYC because they ALL vote exactly as they are told by their leadership
View Quote

When I was in Israel my experience was the opposite.  The Ultra Orthodox ("black hats") vote conservative/likud.  Why?  Because a lot of the Ultra Orthodox believe it's their job to pray all day and collect welfare for sustenance.  A lot of Jews over there resent them the way we resent certain groups here for being on the dole.  Mention it over there and you will get an earful!  Likud has formed a reliable voting block by pandering to them in exchange for votes.

It seems a large % of them will vote for whoever hands out the most goodies.  Huh.  Never been done before.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:07:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Samal] [#40]
I am an atheist Jew .

We are as divided as any other group . Atheist Jews that came here from Eastern Europe in last 70 years are overwhelmingly conservative.  

also, a lot of Orthodox Jews don't identify with American political landscape and will vote based on what the see most beneficial to their small community.

and a lot of secular American Jews are so assimilated that they don't vote based on Jewish interests at all.  They vote according to their social,educational, economic identities aka educated urbanites.

so, this study is very misleading and trying to paint with a hugely broad strokes
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:18:29 PM EDT
[#41]

I live in an area that’s 90%+ latino/hispanic and has been that way for decades.  Care to guess which political party runs things down here and has for decades?
View All Quotes

I’d guess Democrats.  

Republican strategy towards hispanics has been beyond retarded.  They can’t get past calling them mean names.  If you treat people like crap, they won’t vote for you, even if they agree with you on policy.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

They aren’t voting for “free shit”.

They are voting against people who think and say

“They are not our friend, believe me…They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Human nature:  no matter how much you might agree with someone on policy, most won’t vote for someone who treats you like crap and says stuff like that.  Some voting is based on logic, but much on feels.

The right would be surprised if they stated treating hispanics well.  They’d win them over quickly.

Not the same with Jews.  Just the opposite.  Jews are generally treated well enough by the right, but lean differently on policy.  They are also treated well enough by the left.  At least Biden, so that doesn’t sway their feels.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By HecklerKac:
No real surprise.

Most jews are very leftist and very anti gun.

View Quote

And anti-Christian.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:43:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By cancard:

And anti-Christian.
View Quote
Given how Christians have treated them over the millennia?  I'd have a case of ass over it too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Given how Christians have treated them over the millennia?  I'd have a case of ass over it too.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#47]
The majority of American Jews I know are hard core Democrats and would vote blue as they were being loaded onto train cars.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

As far as I can tell , they do . It seems almost every single entity they are involved in is aimed squarely at the destruction of western values , in my humble opinion. I could cite sources but I would be here for days doing so .
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

If the holocaust isn't enough to convince them, then I got nothing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By delemorte:
The majority of American Jews I know are hard core Democrats and would vote blue as they were being loaded onto train cars.
View Quote

That’s not unique to them, that’s basically 99% of all libtards
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top