Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:18:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Leverage
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:18:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By The_Reaper:

I was STRONGLY opposed to giving Ukraine a dollar.
I am convinced part of that is laundered and given back to US politicians and the "big guy".

However, listening to my local conservative talk radio host, my stance is weakening.
He says Putin's relationship with China is too strong.  The best thing we can do is weaken Russia.
And the best way to weaken Russia is to let Ukraine deplete Russia's military and financial assets.  
So in his opinion, giving Ukraine the means to fight is our way of fighting Russia without getting into the fight ourselves.

I'm too ignorant (uninformed, not necessarily stupid) to really know
View Quote

So if winning against them is depleting their financial assets what does it mean that we're broke and borrowing money from China to weaken Russia who is also borrowing money from China?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:21:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

Not entirely based on the breakdown I read

Some goes to NATO’s Operation Atlantic Resolve, some towards US stock replenishment and the rest to Ukraine - artillery, air defense but I’m waiting till the weekend to see where any of this goes before assuming much

The border bill looks DOA though
View Quote

Yeah well since the money is just gonna be wasted anyway may as well give all to Zelensky and his merry band of remoras.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:21:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tuco22] [#4]
Inb4 they install that retarded bitch mtg 🤣
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:24:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By nu3gawhat:

Ukraine isnt the only issue. That excuse doesnt work.

How does he know any of that intel is real?
View Quote

How do we know Johnson even exists? What if he’s a deep state advanced AI project?

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:27:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:

Yeah well since the money is just gonna be wasted anyway may as well give all to Zelensky and his merry band of remoras.
View Quote

I’m still not sure any of these bills are guaranteed to advance.

Technically Johnson could get no confidenced out of speakership since he isn’t trying to get rules to remove him changed from how they were with McCarthy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

How do we know Johnson even exists? What if he’s a deep state advanced AI project?

View Quote

You do have a habit of deflection and non sequitur posts, which explains why you're not taken seriously.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:32:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By macros73:

Was she right when she voted for him to be Speaker?
View Quote

Based on his record and positions prior to assuming the position, yes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:33:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

You do have a habit of deflection and non sequitur posts, which explains why you're not taken seriously.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

How would you like him to interact with people who place an infinitely higher level of scrutiny on alleged facts which conflict with what they want to believe, than which affirm their beliefs?

We have people in this thread and others who are instantly going full MTGA idiot on the annointed, recently-Trump-endorsed MTGA Speaker with claims like "he was a far left sleeper agent all along" without getting the same pushback faded gets.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:34:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:37:34 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I guess he's getting part of that 10% ukeboi money, too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:43:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

or maybe he knows supporting Ukraine is the CORRECT thing to do

he gets access to a lot of intel information you will never see

View All Quotes
Seems a lot of the GOP are sleeper cells or become compromised by the intelligence community once in office. Either blackmail, threats, or bribery.

The guy goes from being a fairly prinicipled conservative, to a rino sabotager in no time.

Nice try. He’s a traitor plain and simple.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#14]

I am convinced part of that is laundered and given back to US politicians and the "big guy".

However, listening to my local conservative talk radio host, my stance is weakening.
He says Putin's relationship with China is too strong.  The best thing we can do is weaken Russia.
And the best way to weaken Russia is to let Ukraine deplete Russia's military and financial assets.  
So in his opinion, giving Ukraine the means to fight is our way of fighting Russia without getting into the fight ourselves.

View Quote

Turn it off. You know what you’re listening to.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:
All the Boebert, MTG, and other tard fans be mad.
View Quote

Why exactly are they (and we) ‘mad’?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Spasm:
Why can't we get an actual conservative leader who doesn't want to bend over the the democrats.  
View Quote

Because easily half of the Republican caucus is on their team, too.

DC is run by the intel agencies and corporate paymasters.

We aren't supposed to have a voice there.

Anyone who shows up and insists on it gets torched.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

I know why you support Johnson, he's the best friend you leftists have had in quite some time.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Technically Johnson could get no confidenced out of speakership since he isn’t trying to get rules to remove him changed from how they were with McCarthy.
View All Quotes

The Dems are claiming they’ll save Johnson. I assume because they want the GOP “in power” for the Election so they can pick up more seats. If they actually cared about Ukraine they would have found the 1-2 Reps they need to flip and install Jeffries and take the House.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:02:26 AM EDT
[#19]
With his tie breaking vote, Mike Johnson (a constitutional attorney) has overtly shown that he views everyday Americans as his enemy unworthy of 1st, 4th or 5th amendment protections, and the law is structured in such a way that bringing any such constitutional challenge to SCOTUS is virtually impossible.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#20]
There are very few within government elected positions that are honorable enough to do right for the people. Lies get you elected, the buddy system in place, keeps you there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By clearedoverhead:
Who would you like to see become speaker?
View Quote

Newt Gingrich
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By fxntime:

A trained mouse could do better.

NO. Why is that 2 letter word so damn hard to say for damned republicans?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fxntime:

A trained mouse could do better.

NO. Why is that 2 letter word so damn hard to say for damned republicans?

Because Republicans want the same as the democrats. As soon as you accept that it will become less painful.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:12:05 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

If there is one thing the Ukraine-Russia war has shown us, it's that all of our estimates of Russia's military capability (other than nuclear) have  been overestimated.

Russia can't defeat a third rate military on their own border, in two years?   I'm guessing that short of using nukes, Russia would get it's clock cleaned attacking any NATO country, even before the other NATO countries came in.

On the other hand, China seems ready to clean our clock,  especially if the theatre is in China's backyard over Taiwan.  But, for some reason, none of our politicians seem to care.  Has China run that many honey trap/bribery operations?  It's sure starting to look like it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By YoungPatriot:

This type of viewpoint is what is making the Republican Party ungovernable. There is no one that would pass the the test short of someone who just wants to burn it all down.  

It’s going to lead to an R minority. Then we have no say at all.  It will be the undoing of 2A rights along with much else.
View Quote

yup
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:15:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ExFed1811:

If there is one thing the Ukraine-Russia war has shown us, it's that all of our estimates of Russia's military capability (other than nuclear) have  been overestimated.

Russia can't defeat a third rate military on their own border, in two years?   I'm guessing that short of using nukes, Russia would get it's clock cleaned attacking any NATO country, even before the other NATO countries came in.

On the other hand, China seems ready to clean our clock,  especially if the theatre is in China's backyard over Taiwan.  But, for some reason, none of our politicians seem to care.  Has China run that many honey trap/bribery operations?  It's sure starting to look like it.
View Quote

I see it another way. The Russians have suffered hundreds of thousands of casualties and are still holding the line. Which NATO country can say the same. None.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:16:14 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Pat Fallon.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:18:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: macros73] [#27]

I know why you support Johnson, he's the best friend you leftists have had in quite some time.
View All Quotes

If only you knew half as much as you seem to think you know.

I don't care much one way or the other for Johnson. I do see it as admirable that he isn't trying to change the rules under which he was made Speaker and is calling MTG out to move on her motion if she's so upset about it. I am also in awe at how quickly MAGA's head spins in circles when someone falls out of lock-step, declares them evil, and tries to eat them.

If Johnson was a good, honorable, God-fearing man when he was made Speaker, it's possible that he is pushing funding for Ukraine and Israel for valid reasons. MTGA can't accept that, so he's written off as a "left-wing sleeper agent." Ridiculous and sad.

"You people" won't be happy until there is a full-blown schism between conservative Christians and the lunatic MAGA populist fringe elements. How's that going to help your cause?

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

The Dems are claiming they’ll save Johnson. I assume because they want the GOP “in power” for the Election so they can pick up more seats. If they actually cared about Ukraine they would have found the 1-2 Reps they need to flip and install Jeffries and take the House.
View Quote

We all knew 2024 was going to be a wild ride that’s why my feathers aren’t ruffled over this and I’ve got a PMAG / Lancer wager on the line
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

If we continue to believe the "once he got the intel, he changed his campaign promises" excuse.   We may as well not even vote for anyone who says they are going to DC to fix stuff.  

Even if Johnson is being shown the vast secrets that demand his compliance, to keep the USA from whatever horror story we do not know about, and to keep up the status quo blank check writing and free stuff to illegal aliens and those that will not work.   All it does is point to that the chips just need to fall at some point.  The republic is dead and just twitching at this point.  
View All Quotes
Seems a lot of the GOP are sleeper cells or become compromised by the intelligence community once in office. Either blackmail, threats, or bribery.

The guy goes from being a fairly prinicipled conservative, to a rino sabotager in no time.

If we continue to believe the "once he got the intel, he changed his campaign promises" excuse.   We may as well not even vote for anyone who says they are going to DC to fix stuff.  

Even if Johnson is being shown the vast secrets that demand his compliance, to keep the USA from whatever horror story we do not know about, and to keep up the status quo blank check writing and free stuff to illegal aliens and those that will not work.   All it does is point to that the chips just need to fall at some point.  The republic is dead and just twitching at this point.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#30]

I see it another way. The Russians have suffered hundreds of thousands of casualties and are still holding the line. Which NATO country can say the same. None.
View Quote

Well, seeing how in my lifetime of 66 years, the US has been at war fifty per cent of that time, I think we will be where you want us to be soon enough.  Apparently our whole economy depends on perpetual war.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:23:04 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Being "in charge" of a House this evenly divided between R and D means that, if the D's were in charge, they'd be as hamstring by their fringe elements as the R's are today. Better to let someone else be "in charge" and own the dysfunction. That's also a reason why Gaetz and MTG aren't pushing themselves as Speaker.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#32]

Well, seeing how in my lifetime of 66 years, the US has been at war fifty per cent of that time, I think we will be where you want us to be soon enough.  Apparently our whole economy depends on perpetual war.
View Quote

How many men lost in those 66 years?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#33]
In the end game perhaps it will be best if Biden wins with his 20 million new immigrant votes and lets get it over with.
All we conservatives have representing us now are fake uniparty rinos..
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#34]
I kind of find it odd that voters still think that politicians care anything about them.  The  Bible banging ones are often the biggest fakes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:44:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By YoungPatriot:

This type of viewpoint is what is making the Republican Party ungovernable. There is no one that would pass the the test short of someone who just wants to burn it all down.  

It’s going to lead to an R minority. Then we have no say at all.  It will be the undoing of 2A rights along with much else.
View Quote

Well since the R Speakers continually "compromise" by giving the D'S 90% of what they want while getting the R's 10% and never force the D'S to give us anything I'd say the party is already ungovernable.

Continually spending money outside of our borders while doing nothing to secure our border, keep us out of wars, keep the founding ideas of limited govt. or eliminate govt. overreach already shows they don't represent the interest of the people at large.  It's this exact behavior thst led to the Tea Party and then the MAGA agenda.  It is revealing to many that the Govt. and it's agencies are in control and not the people.

100 years of politicans compromising on founding principles while enriching themselves hasn't changed our country for the better.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#36]
I would be fine with no one in the chair. Congress can't pass bills? Oh well. At least they can't spend any new money. Tired of the party rolling over.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:08:45 AM EDT
[#37]

Being "in charge" of a House this evenly divided between R and D means that, if the D's were in charge, they'd be as hamstring by their fringe elements as the R's are today. Better to let someone else be "in charge" and own the dysfunction. That's also a reason why Gaetz and MTG aren't pushing themselves as Speaker.
View All Quotes

Gaetz and MTG are grifters, responsibility is kryptonite to them. They want to sit in the back-benches and engage in performative theatre all day to fleece the MAGA herd…as Speaker they’d have to perform and risk being eaten alive by thier audience.

Just accepting the post proved Johnson was a fool. The Speakership is a poisoned chalice for Republicans right now, only a Master politician could make it work for them given the state of the House GOP.

As for the Dems, they likely could flip the House at will, but don’t because they believe they will pick up more seats by waiting. They are quite content to let Ukraine be starved of aid for partisan political advantage…shows how much they really care about it. McCarthy was going to let a big aid bill hit the floor, they let him fall so they can blame the GOP for Ukraines reverses. I wonder if they have picked up on that in the EU and Ukraine yet.

Jeffries could run the House with a 1 seat majority easily, because their freaks know they will be mercilessly punished if they hinder The Agenda beyond a certain point. Their contributions will dry up, and if they really make the Leadership mad, they will sic Garland on them and they’ll end up in Club Fed like Traficant or JJJ.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:10:07 AM EDT
[#38]

Three intel briefings and he was captured by the deep state.  He's being blackmailed, he's a compromised fraud.

And, white privilege is a problem?  Fuck this turd, vacate the chair.

Video  ^^^

View Quote

He should step aside to let Jeffries in then.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:10:11 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
Literally all of human history is perpetual war. Why would now be different?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By FJB247:

Well since the R Speakers continually "compromise" by giving the D'S 90% of what they want while getting the R's 10% and never force the D'S to give us anything I'd say the party is already ungovernable.

Continually spending money outside of our borders while doing nothing to secure our border, keep us out of wars, keep the founding ideas of limited govt. or eliminate govt. overreach already shows they don't represent the interest of the people at large.  It's this exact behavior thst led to the Tea Party and then the MAGA agenda.  It is revealing to many that the Govt. and it's agencies are in control and not the people.

100 years of politicans compromising on founding principles while enriching themselves hasn't changed our country for the better.
View Quote

Thought he said " no foreign aid without border security ? ",  guess he didn't mean it .
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:11:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#41]
I am baffled by these people falling all over themselves to send tens of billions to Ukraine.

As much as I despise Schumer, he is a savvy political operator.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:24:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#42]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Literally all of human history is perpetual war. Why would now be different?
View Quote

Muslim conquest of India and Spain, Mongol Empire, the Greeks vs Persians, Rome, Japan invading Manchuria etc. there’s a reason we’re on a gun forum and it’s not because man is a peaceful and hates violence and leaves people alone minding his own business never committing murder https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/B-tch-you-dead-warning-graphic-/5-2720281/ or robbery or war

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:26:14 AM EDT
[#43]
So, a Republican let down conservatives again!  My shocked face
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:29:38 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Let’s try MTG.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:31:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ETCss_McCrackin] [#46]
This is all so stupidly tiresome...

"mIke JoHNsoN HaS To gO!!!"

In favor of what, exactly?  A super conservative, Constitutionalist visionary that will rebuke and resist the Dems at every turn?  Sounds awesome except.....
-That would mean utter gridlock in a vital election year, with a Dem controlled Senate and WH that would happily watch the nation burn before handing us (and by extension Trump, since he's the nominee) any victory at all.
-The gridlock would be laid squarely at the feet of the right, and since most of America supports aid to Ukraine and Israel, the backlash would hurt us far more than them.
-THERE ISN'T A PERSON LIKE THAT AVAILABLE.  The morons like MTG have NOBODY in mind to fit that bill.  

This kind of crap WILL result in Hakeem Jefferies being the speaker, and may even lose us the VARY narrow House majority BEFORE the election.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#47]

Gaetz and MTG are grifters, responsibility is kryptonite to them. They want to sit in the back-benches and engage in performative theatre all day to fleece the MAGA herd…as Speaker they’d have to perform and risk being eaten alive by thier audience.

Just accepting the post proved Johnson was a fool. The Speakership is a poisoned chalice for Republicans right now, only a Master politician could make it work for them given the state of the House GOP.

As for the Dems, they likely could flip the House at will, but don’t because they believe they will pick up more seats by waiting. They are quite content to let Ukraine be starved of aid for partisan political advantage…shows how much they really care about it. McCarthy was going to let a big aid bill hit the floor, they let him fall so they can blame the GOP for Ukraines reverses. I wonder if they have picked up on that in the EU and Ukraine yet.

Jeffries could run the House with a 1 seat majority easily, because their freaks know they will be mercilessly punished if they hinder The Agenda beyond a certain point. Their contributions will dry up, and if they really make the Leadership mad, they will sic Garland on them and they’ll end up in Club Fed like Traficant or JJJ.

View All Quotes

You know your talking points well. What's the going pay rate from the DNC ?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:37:04 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm going with the DK Prof response....Lol.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:39:40 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

The leader of the Republican Party, Donald Trump.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:46:24 AM EDT
[#50]
With his words and actions, Johnson has done little to nothing to support a conservative agenda. Its a bit strange.
Page / 7
Johnson is a disaster (Page 2 of 7)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top