BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:48:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GilTPayne:
Whats the parents hair color have to do with the story?
View Quote

Yeah, that was weird.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:28:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Obviously the answer is swirlies and wedgies for all three.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:47:53 AM EDT
[#3]
When I was a kid I found out if you hit someone hard enough in the nose and make them bleed…they won’t pick on you anymore.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:45:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Bigpapi13:
When I was a kid I found out if you hit someone hard enough in the nose and make them bleed…they won’t pick on you anymore.
View Quote

Yep. But lead off with a kick to the knee.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:06:56 AM EDT
[#5]
The most concerning thing for you should be that your kid is unwilling or unable to stick up for himself, when another kid puts his hands on him. Who is going to call the principle when he's 20?

That a boy ended up in a minor physical altercation, is no surprise. It is likely to happen again. Even more so given his stated proclivities. Bullies love targets that don't fight back.

OP's responses are strange to me. Labeling it assault and calling the police over such things? Involving yourself in another matter that's none of your business? People suggesting a lawyer? LOL.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:15:40 AM EDT
[#6]
1. Your kid needs to learn to beat wholesale ass when it’s the last option.
2. I wouldn’t trust the word of the ADD kids parents. If they raised such an evil shitbag they may be of suspect character also.
3. You need more evidence, so along with superintendents meeting….You can FOIA request a school the same way you can a police dept. Call the admin office and ask who handles their open records requests.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:15:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm really not sure why you would trust the words of a high school administrator (the principal) in the first place.  I mean, the track record of these (often) leftist and (almost always) arrogant bureaucrats dealing honestly with parents is not good
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Assuming that the principal really did lie (probably did), expect that the super will cover for him.  Don't expect any help there.

I worked in a government office where that was standard practice.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:56:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Concentricity: Both parents were white, red hair and brown hair.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:10:28 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

You know exactly what it means and exactly why it's relevant.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:30:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By tveddy:

Keeps the usual players from guessing ethnicity
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Gingers have no soul.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:57:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I drive a school bus as a retirement job so I see a lot dealing with society as it is today.

First off, that was totally inappropriate for the OP to visit the parents of the child who insulted another student about his grandfather.  This did not involve you.

Kids can be mean verbally; the girls more than the boys. The boys are more likely to use physical violence.

The principal most likely contacted the parents of the child in question; standard operating procedure.  Those parents probably pressured the principal to keep their child on the bus.

Everyone has "rights as taxpayers" so it takes time to get a child removed from the bus and placed on a "special needs" van.

I drive for a popular, prosperous and highly rated school district and you have no idea what goes on.

I suggest the OP drive their children to school or home school.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:00:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jsnappa] [#13]
Originally Posted By 50cal:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 50cal:
Originally Posted By Bigpapi13:

I was a scrawny 7th grader and that’s how I stopped a bully.  Did it the locker room with no witnesses other than the bully’s sidekick.
The kid started sharing candy and snacks with me like I was his long lost brother after the beat down

Eta:  The parents are likely lying.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:00:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By R2point0:
Get your kids into martial arts. It sounds like no one is going to protect them but themselves.
View Quote

This.  Everybody should be able to break a choke hold and other stupid shit morons do.  And pursue the charges, even if they don't stick - doing nothing just perpetuates the incompetence.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#15]
My ex and I had to threaten an asst principal with a promise that we would go before a grand jury if a certain bully touched our small, middle school son again.  Previously he had threatened our 12 year old with arrest for fighting back when he was the victim of an unprovoked attack.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:02:08 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

He said he spoke to the mother and "father".
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:07:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I’m glad my parents didn’t insert themselves into key life lessons I needed to learn on my own.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:18:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Kharn:
Bring a lawyer.

You have more than 12 months to file suit in almost every jurisdiction.

Kharn
View Quote

This.

Also, if you do file a lawsuit, then just as a pre-emptive CYA maneuver, the principal should have had the shitbird parents sign and date some paperwork that the principal talked with shitbird parents about that assault (and battery) upon your kid.

That paperwork would be part of the discovery process leading up to the law suit’s day in court.

No paperwork means at best he is shitty school administrator to NOT have documented such a meeting with the parents.

At worst it means he lied and he is trying to cover it up.

What else has he lied about/covered up?

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I am the kind to mind my own business and teach my kid to defend himself violently.

Minding your own business is something 90% of this country needs to learn....
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#20]
They don’t and won’t do shit. Part of the Gravy Train of free shit to the districts. The greater number of DD labeled kids increases their $$$ from uncle sugar. I “seent” it in action. Boot a problem kid out and they lose free money that could be used to indoctrinate the others .
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:31:22 AM EDT
[#21]
With respect to your son have you tried putting him into BJJ or boxing to build confidence?

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:36:35 AM EDT
[#22]
The only observation I can add is that if the original incident was serious enough to get the cops involved I would have at least spoken to the other boys parents before considering anything settled.

At this point all you can do is keep a clear head, be respectful, and listen to what the principal has to say. How that meeting goes will dictate where you go from here.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#23]
The punk sounds like a psychopath.

A lifetime of everyone around him minding their own business is how he will end up hurting someone and filling up a prison.

Good on you OP. Just make sure you are armed with facts before you touch off the powder, because coming at a public school administrator with he-said-she-said will not work.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Concentricity:

Twice before when the parents had black hair and not white skin, those parents denied that their kids did anything at all, let alone anything wrong. That’s why I mentioned that these parents looked Irish by their hair color, because they accepted responsibility and acted like they gave a shit. That’s why. Does that make sense to you? @GilTPayne
View All Quotes

Twice before when the parents had black hair and not white skin, those parents denied that their kids did anything at all, let alone anything wrong. That’s why I mentioned that these parents looked Irish by their hair color, because they accepted responsibility and acted like they gave a shit. That’s why. Does that make sense to you? @GilTPayne

Twice before?  This is the third time you confronted other kids’ parents?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#25]

Anomalous… you like big words! You must’ve gone to college or something. I’m off to Urban Dictionary to see what Anomalous means.
View All Quotes

Of course, it just seemed anomalous to mention it.

I get where you are coming from though.

Anomalous… you like big words! You must’ve gone to college or something. I’m off to Urban Dictionary to see what Anomalous means.

The dots are connecting now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:01:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Kraquine:

Was a time when kids settled matters on their own behind the school.

Much simpler times.

Less litigious times.

Less entitled kids.

Less helicopter parents.
View Quote

I agree with you on this post.

Reading some of these comments about lawsuits and calling the police makes me aware of the liability driving a school bus.

I have 64 students on my roster; most are good but not all.  The school must be swamped with issues from parents and students with 53 buses.

This may be my last year. 28 more days, yay!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:04:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
You inserted yourself in something that had absolutely nothing to do with you?

View Quote

He did, however, it did give him information on something that did have to do with him, so it’s a wash maybe
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:07:29 AM EDT
[#28]
OP sends his kids to government schools. OP feigns shock when they lie to him.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Either the principal lied, or the other parents lied. Put them together, talking, get them to hash it out. Preferably with an audience.

If one party recording, start getting liars (& potential liars) on record. Request the records from the school about the incident. Ask the other parents to do the same for any records pertaining to the grandfather incident.

Your wife wants to homeschool your kids, but your kids don't want to 'lose' friends?? Get your ass in gear, befriend the parents of your kids' friends, set up kid to kid stuff that works with your new homeschool schedule.

Make everything public about that school's P/SI you possibly and legally can. Attend all the meetings, city meetings, do the social media things.

Your call.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By M4AZ:
ADD doesn’t make kids a POS, shitty parenting does.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Run for school board
View Quote

A hostile takeover is the correct answer. Works for HOA's it can work for Schools
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Sounds like that kid needs to get some street justice from his classmates
If the parents can’t get the kid under control , I can almost guarantee his peers can.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Im_Awake:
Are you 100% sure the kid's parents weren't lying to you?

View Quote

This.  Apple/Tree etc.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

The fact that one has “red” is all I need to know. Am I right???

Red like dyed or red like a ginger no matter.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By AlabamaFan64:

From what you’ve said about how they responded, I don’t think they’re lying, but that’s probably what the principal will claim.
View Quote

A choice of who is the liar.  Not sure there.  

I could EASILY see a principal lying and covering up a matter, especially if there was a string of incidents with this kid which would cause the district to put him in a program that would cost the district money like juvie or district paid for tutors because he’s too violent to remain in the building.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:49:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ICU] [#38]
I wouldn’t have let it go until I spoke w boy’s parents & would have made sure the boy was present for the discussion. I would have a serious issue w how that principal handled the situation…
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

With him being the only man in the situation he had to.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By SparticleBrane:

In this thread, we find out that OP has zero idea about what ADD/ADHD actually is. At all. Being forgetful, a lack of impulse control, and emotional dysregulation does not make someone "mildly or severely retarded".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SparticleBrane:
Back where I came from, when I came from there, it was instead referred to as either mildly retarded or severely retarded. But that's not PC nowadays so we say ADD, even when the kid is just a little asshole that lacks discipline.

Regardless, I'm sorry. Can you find it in your heart to forgive me? I would feel redeemed.

In this thread, we find out that OP has zero idea about what ADD/ADHD actually is. At all. Being forgetful, a lack of impulse control, and emotional dysregulation does not make someone "mildly or severely retarded".
OP never heard of all that stuff because people didnt want to say it around him and make him feel bad.

He's mildly retarded you see and his parents didnt have the heart to tell him.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#41]
This is why you should have filed a police report when the assault happened.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#42]
I had a instance when I was 5 when provoked by older kids an 8 year old beast me up for no reason.

Principal hour is both with a paddle as no "2 sides are innocent ".

My old man walked into the office, kicked the door open, grabbed the principal and beat the shit out of him. That was 44 years ago.

No cops where involved.

I Learned to fight next day.

We home school because of indoctrination and i am sure I'd react the same way and no way I wouldn't end up in jail.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:15:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#43]
Originally Posted By Paul_Sothern:

I agree with you on this post.

Reading some of these comments about lawsuits and calling the police makes me aware of the liability driving a school bus.

I have 64 students on my roster; most are good but not all.  The school must be swamped with issues from parents and students with 53 buses.

This may be my last year. 28 more days, yay!
View Quote

The kid choked his kid into unconsciousness.  He didn’t just hit the kid he asphyxiated him.  That’s a level up from a simple confrontation and the principal covered it up.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Look, administrators need to keep all these little sh*ts in school no matter how much they bring down the rest of the class. The last thing we want is to have a high dropout rate. Now if the ADD asshole was in bible club, then maybe we could see about having him expelled.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#45]

It is a State or Territory of the USA. Does that really matter though? It’s just a false location because I’m ashamed of my State for all of the anti-gun legislation that comes from it. Doesn’t make me any less of a freedom loving person than you. So why look down on me for that? @Primecube
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Primecube:

I would love to know where: "MP" is located???

It is a State or Territory of the USA. Does that really matter though? It’s just a false location because I’m ashamed of my State for all of the anti-gun legislation that comes from it. Doesn’t make me any less of a freedom loving person than you. So why look down on me for that? @Primecube

It matters because state laws governing consent to record vary. I would at a minimum audio record all future  interactions with principal going forward if legal. A handheld recorder will work but a smartphone probably will to. Know the law and test your set up before hand. You could also run a digital pocket recorder and a cell phone simultaneously. Just to be sure.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Thank God you informed us of their hair colors!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:21:38 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

But, he already said they were white.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Originally Posted By Im_Awake:
Are you 100% sure the kid's parents weren't lying to you?

View Quote

Originally Posted By ApacheScout:
How do you know the other kids parents aren't lieing? Maybe they're just playing dumb to cover for their POS kid.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By urbanredneck:
Look, administrators need to keep all these little sh*ts in school no matter how much they bring down the rest of the class. The last thing we want is to have a high dropout rate. Now if the ADD asshole was in bible club, then maybe we could see about having him expelled.
View Quote

Schools MUST report criminal activity. The problem is the higher crime and you end up on their radar. So, the typical thing is to downplay ALL criminal activity. It is one reason why school districts should not run their own school police departments. The district become controlling for reporting and enforcing the law.

I am betting money the admin chose not to report the offense, due to district scrutiny.

While the OP was very unorthodox in going to the parents, this is the RIGHT thing to do. Going directly and acting like an adult is what this society STILL needs. Adult conversations need to happen and being open is important. I actually think it was unique for not being involved BUT it was a very good choice.

The admin at the school should have a record of the incident and documentation for it. I would be curious if this was also intentionally overlooked. I wouldn't walk into the school to complain WITHOUT using a recording device, provided it is legal in the OP's state.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Time to involve a lawyer and go after the principal
View Quote

LOL!

GD: “death to lawyers!!!  “

Also GD: “call a lawyer!! Lawyer up!! Law suit time!!”
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top