Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2024 8:36:17 PM EDT

We'll be able to go to Israel and see and maybe even talk to Moses and Ezekiel.  At least hear them preach.

I wonder if they'll be giving interviews to CBN or Newsmax?

To me, that possibility is way cool.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#1]
It never fails that someone has a new idea that I have not thought of. It's one of the things I like about this place.

Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified. For three and a half days some from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth. But after the three and a half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them. Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on.

At that very hour there was a severe earthquake and a tenth of the city collapsed. Seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the survivors were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.

On second thought, I hope I have the wits to have a better place to be.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By monadh:
It never fails that someone has a new idea that I have not thought of. It's one of the things I like about this place.

Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified. For three and a half days some from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth. But after the three and a half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them. Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on.

At that very hour there was a severe earthquake and a tenth of the city collapsed. Seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the survivors were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.

View Quote

When they arrive, we'll have 3.4 years to go visit.  

The arrival of the witnesses is the only definitive time frame we get.  When they show up, it's 3.5 years.  When they are killed, it's 3.5 days.  Supposedly, Jesus is coming down as they are ascending.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:24:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not an expert but if your a Christian, wont you be raptured up before the witnesses get here?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:36:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amannamedjed] [#4]
Originally Posted By AKRay:
I'm not an expert but if your a Christian, wont you be raptured up before the witnesses get here?
View Quote

Yes, but there are many devout Christians who believe otherwise.

ETA:  Also, I think the witnesses will be Enoch and Ezekiel.  Again, opinions vary.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MaximusEmanatus:

We'll be able to go to Israel and see and maybe even talk to Moses and Ezekiel.  At least hear them preach.

View Quote

scripture does not tell us the names of the 2 prophets that randomly appear and witness in bold strange ways but rather that they have the precise exact attributes of moses and elijah.

just as moses turned water into blood in egypt and elijah held his hand and shut up the rain from heaven for 3 years and 6 months. not moses and ezekiel or moses and enoch when you compare scripture to scripture.

due to its location and timing its basically as if a last minute wake up call that makes haters of Christ question what scripture is being fulfilled and what they have done.

they come to breath actual fire in peoples faces on the street in sack cloth and ashes appearing and disappearing at will then allowing themselves to die then be seen alive again by those who hate what they preach.

these 2 prophets are not here to sit on some lowly zionist main stream media talk show and have a dr. phil type chat like they do over there if thats what you imagined.

its possible and likely zionist msm outlets cover their general story and death when they are mocked before they appear alive again. that would make more sense.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

why do you use a Bible version that changed ''our Lord'' to ''their Lord'' ???
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:59:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK47_COMMBLOC] [#7]
View Quote

beware the modern lie called the pre-tribulation rapture thats opposed to scripture and geared towards people who prefer to close their Bibles and let others lie to them.

it causes all to be weak and dump their faith when tribulation happens to the false churches as they go thru it and are given a choice to accept the mark of the beast and worship his image.

true Christianity believes in post tribulation pre wrath rapture meaning we are mostly all beheaded and hunted by a man who walks into a third jewish temple in jerusalem claiming to be a god above everyone and be worshipped which sets off a chain of events.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:16:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AK47_COMMBLOC:

beware the modern lie called the pre-tribulation rapture thats opposed to scripture and geared towards people who prefer to close their Bibles and let others lie to them.

it causes all to be weak and dump their faith when tribulation happens to the false churches as they go thru it and are given a choice to accept the mark of the beast and worship his image.

true Christianity believes in post tribulation pre wrath rapture meaning we are mostly all beheaded and hunted by a man who walks into a third jewish temple in jerusalem claiming to be a god above everyone and be worshipped which sets off a chain of events.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AK47_COMMBLOC:

You do realize there are millions of Christians who disagree with your thesis?  Try not to imply everyone who  has a different interpretation of scripture is heretical.  I don’t think any of us have all the details nailed down. There is a certain amount of “mystery” incorporated into eschatology that makes it unknowable in every detail.  I don’t mind if people of your belief try to advance what you think is true.  Try to extend the same courtesy to others.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:11:44 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

If I'm still here I wouldn't go anywhere near that place. Come out of her my people, lest you share in her punishment and all.

Realistically, CBN would probably be quoting Gen 12:3 at them for not blessing the antichrist.

Pre-COVID I used to think that sounded outlandish. Then I saw Herman Cain Awards on reddit, where people congratulated each other for others dying of COVID and gave each other piles of reddit awards for being as nasty and hateful as possible while celebrating others' deaths and even the admins got in on the action at times.

Now, I believe it. Modern man is much more depraved than I used to give him credit for.

Originally Posted By amannamedjed:
You do realize there are millions of Christians who disagree with your thesis?  Try not to imply everyone who  has a different interpretation of scripture is heretical.  I don’t think any of us have all the details nailed down. There is a certain amount of “mystery” incorporated into eschatology that makes it unknowable in every detail.  I don’t mind if people of your belief try to advance what you think is true.  Try to extend the same courtesy to others.

Yeah, I have my opinions on it, but this is one area where it's not exactly completely crystal clear. I've seen a lot of very good scripturally-based arguments for multiple perspectives.

I'd stay away from slamming other Christians as heretics unless they're just flat out twisting scripture to mean whatever they want it to mean. Which sadly does apply to a lot of the modern churches, but not on this particular issue IMO.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:25:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SixpackinOk] [#10]
Deleted.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

I prefer to be left behind, and wait for Heaven to come to Earth, the new Jerusalem.

Luke 17:34 I tell you, on that night there will be two in one bed; one will be taken and the other will be left. 35 There will be two women grinding at the same place; one will be taken and the other will be left. 36 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other will be left.” 37 And answering they said to Him, “Where, Lord?” And He said to them, “Where the body is, there also the vultures will be gathered.”
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#12]
By “mystery,” I am referring to things not yet revealed. While God has told us a great deal about the end times, there are still some very important things left out.  

Consider the hundreds of prophecies from the Old Testament regarding the first advent of our Lord Jesus.  The Pharisees and Sadducees could not put together who Christ was because there were so many apparently contradictory prophecies.  Yet in hindsight, their fulfillment was obvious.  To quote Paul in  1 Corinthians 2:8, “None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.”  Had they known, God’s entire plan of salvation could have been sabotaged.

I believe something similar is at work regarding Christ’s second coming.  Some important information is not revealed that reconciles the apparent contradictions in eschatology.  There is valid scriptural evidence for all three positions in the Bible, pre-tribulation, mid-tribulation, and post-tribulation.  Personally, after weighing the evidence for the last 45 years, I am in the pre-tribulation camp, although I moved to the post-tribulation camp for a few years awhile back.  But I am still not 100% certain.  What I do know for certain is that all revealed scriptures will be literally fulfilled to the letter, and the fulfillment will be as obvious as was the first coming.  God has his reasons for this mystery.  I suspect, but do not know, it is so the powers of darkness cannot sabotage God’s coming plans for the future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top