User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Timcast IRL folks

View Quote

...aka the type of people that listen to a high-school dropout as though they're learning something profound.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I think she wanted an “out” from being the VP nominee
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:29:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Whole thing smells no matter how you look at it. Growing up, we did have a couple dogs that just didn’t fit farm life. Liked to chase the cattle, roamed off, incessantly barking etc. All behavioral problems that we didn’t really have the time to correct by working with the animals. Shooting them was never even considered. They were both given to some girls in my high school and did fine. And even the most red neck individual I grew up with would be saying WTF? Why didn’t you find someone to take the dog? If they read this.

Dogs are awesome. I miss mine EVERY SINGLE DAY! Bottom line is she’s dead to me now. And probably millions of others. This will sink her carrier
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have my doubts about how that went down.

Whole thing smells no matter how you look at it. Growing up, we did have a couple dogs that just didn’t fit farm life. Liked to chase the cattle, roamed off, incessantly barking etc. All behavioral problems that we didn’t really have the time to correct by working with the animals. Shooting them was never even considered. They were both given to some girls in my high school and did fine. And even the most red neck individual I grew up with would be saying WTF? Why didn’t you find someone to take the dog? If they read this.

Dogs are awesome. I miss mine EVERY SINGLE DAY! Bottom line is she’s dead to me now. And probably millions of others. This will sink her carrier

Her property her rules.  It’s ok to kill millions of babies.  Don’t kill a dog.
Well don’t worry there are plenty more where that one came from. They have so soul. Do you think that cow you eat is any different from a dog. They all want to live.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:57:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well don’t worry there are plenty more where that one came from. They have so soul. Do you think that cow you eat is any different from a dog. They all want to live.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have my doubts about how that went down.

MAGA doesn’t know how to win the white suburban women vote. Way to go.
Stupid bitch.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:24:17 AM EDT
[#5]
When "Gutfeld" and guests roast a conservative politician, you know that person has shot themselves in the foot.

Right or wrong aside, as a public figure, Noem was stupid to shoot the dog. And double stupid for claiming it as a positive attribute.

Her political career has plateaued or may be toast. All her opponent in the next election will have to do is post a picture of a cute puppy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:38:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That’s farm life.
View Quote

She could have given “less than worthless … as a hunting dog” away. Found it a home. She elected to shoot a 14 month old pup. Why the fuck would she think that recounting this story makes her more relatable, admirable or would benefit her in any way?

And the goat? Uncastrated goats are aggressive and ornery. They smell and butt everything that comes in their view. Everyone knows this. There's a reason you wether them if you'd like a more docile and less odiferous male. Agian, just stupid.

And yes, of course I'd vote for her regardless. She may be a moran but she's our moran.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

She could have given “less than worthless … as a hunting dog” away. Found it a home. She elected to shoot a 14 month old pup. Why the fuck would she think that recounting this story makes her more relatable, admirable or would benefit her in any way?

And the goat? Uncastrated goats are aggressive and ornery. They smell and butt everything that comes in their view. Everyone knows this. There's a reason you wether them if you'd like a more docile and less odiferous male. Agian, just stupid.

And yes, of course I'd vote for her regardless. She may be a moran but she's our moran.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That’s farm life.

The dog bit people, attacked live stock, and was otherwise not very trainable with those aggressive traits.  Dogs are put down every day at kennels for far less.  There have been threads here in the past month where a large amount of posters have advocated for things such as killing a dog for biting a delivery guy, after the delivery guy entered the owners property.  There is a pit bull thread right now where the majority of posters are advocating killing  all pit bulls.

The outrage and lack of understanding over this is laughable.  It’s an over reactionary emotional knee jerk response by many of you.  It’s something liberals do.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:45:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:06:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Rumor going around here in SD in some commercial pheasant hunting/dog training circles is that the dog jumped out of the truck, ran around, caught a chicken, and retrieved it to her but wouldn't drop it, and when she took the chicken from the dog it jumped up and nipped at the bird again catching her hand.
Evil livestock killing menace?  Or excited untrained puppy?
No idea if true or not, but have heard it from two different people that don't really know each other.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
When "Gutfeld" and guests roast a conservative politician, you know that person has shot themselves in the foot.

Right or wrong aside, as a public figure, Noem was stupid to shoot the dog. And double stupid for claiming it as a positive attribute.

Her political career has plateaued or may be toast. All her opponent in the next election will have to do is post a picture of a cute puppy.
View Quote
IF I ran against her I would run one ad and one only night and day.   Me rolling around the floor with a dozen lab puppies that were licking my face with a voice over that stated "8nBAIT loves dogs and dogs love 8nBAIT".

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:33:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The dog should have been put down and doing it the way she did was fine.
View Quote

You and her would make a perfect pair of inbred psychopaths.  You should write her.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Rumor going around here in SD in some commercial pheasant hunting/dog training circles is that the dog jumped out of the truck, ran around, caught a chicken, and retrieved it to her but wouldn't drop it, and when she took the chicken from the dog it jumped up and nipped at the bird again catching her hand.
No idea if true or not, but have heard it from two different people that don't really know each other.

View Quote

Reading the original story I had a high index of suspicion there was some embellishment on her part to paint herself in a better light. The fact the whole thing was suspect even with her facts was a clear indication there were some unflattering details left out. I’ve been around a lot of bird dogs, and it just didn’t pass the sniff test.

What you posted falls a lot more in line with how I suspect it went down.

I’m sure the SD commercial pheasant and dog training community is just full of anti MAGA liberal cat ladies that don’t understand farm life though.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you have any experience with working breeds and training dogs it’s easy to read between the lines of her story and see what real happened. She failed to secure the dog, the dog did what it was poorly trained to do and retrieved birds( yes chickens are birds) and it’s obvious she got bit because she put her hand between the chicken and the dogs mouth. When I was training my lab I would make her drop whatever she was retrieving at my feet and then sit down before I would pick it up. Sure it was frustrating at times when she was a puppy and still an adolescent and she would occasionally refuse to drop it but we trained past it. I didn’t go sticking my hand and fingers in her mouth like an idiot to pull out what she had.

I only know one guy who shot his hunting dog while on a hunt because it pissed him off. He is also the same guy that said he voted for Obama just to see what (in his words) the N word would do.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You can tell the people that spent zero time on a farm.
View Quote

Or anytime outside there city apartment. The lack of basic understanding of things in this world is always on full display in Arfcom.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:49:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Animals are property. Let that sink in.
View Quote

They won't.  They can't.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Lumpy196:

You and her would make a perfect pair of inbred psychopaths.  You should write her.
View Quote

Unforced error on her part trying to court the GD socio paths. Not a huge slice of the electorate. There are plenty of situations where shooting an animal, pet or otherwise, would be acceptable. This situation isn’t one of those. We aren’t “eating our own” when they pull stuff like this.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You can tell the people that spent zero time on a farm.
View Quote

I was about to post that things are different for people who live in the country.  But how many people criticizing it would say to 'take it and drop it off somewhere, that way it has a chance'.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#18]
She is arrogant and vindictive.  It may have caught up with her....

‘She’s DOA’: Noem’s dog tale sinks chances of becoming Trump’s VP

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) has found herself in the doghouse after a shocking anecdote from her forthcoming book made the rounds in recent days.

Noem attracted criticism and mockery in political circles after it was reported that her upcoming book detailed the story of how roughly 20 years ago, she shot and killed her 14-month-old German wirehaired pointer, Cricket, due to poor behavior. The governor elaborated on the story in a social media post Sunday, and she has tried to characterize the story and her willingness to share it as a sign of her authenticity and willingness to make difficult choices.

But the anecdote, paired with other recent controversies involving her, left many Republicans scratching their heads, with some suggesting she had tanked her prospects of serving as former President Trump’s 2024 running mate.

“She’s DOA,” one Trump ally said of Noem’s vice presidential prospects.

“Any time you have to respond more than once to a story, it’s not good,” they added of the dog tale.

Noem, a former congresswoman who won a second term as governor in 2022, had for months been considered among the top contenders to serve as Trump’s potential VP.

She was an early endorser of Trump, tied with entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy for the top choice as Trump’s vice presidential pick in a straw poll conducted at February’s Conservative Political Action Conference, and campaigned with Trump in Ohio in March.

She has been at the forefront of major conservative causes, sending National Guard forces to the southern border and signing legislation to restrict abortion and ban gender-affirming care, among other things.

But some of the buzz around her prospects has faded, largely because of what Republican strategists and Trump allies view as self-inflicted mistakes and controversies.

“She’s basically taken herself out of the running to be VP,” one Republican strategist told The Hill.

“There’s so many things wrong with that story on so many levels,” the strategist added about the dog story in particular, adding they were confounded by the fact Noem had months to write, edit and publish the book and still left the story of shooting the dog in the final draft.

Noem, in an excerpt from “No Going Back” that was first reported by The Guardian, described shooting and killing her 14-month-old dog after it had killed a local family’s chickens and had shown aggressive behavior.

In the book and in a subsequent social media post, Noem has portrayed the story as an illustration of her characteristics as a leader.

“I guess if I were a better politician I wouldn’t tell the story here,” Noem wrote, according to The Guardian.

In the face of bipartisan backlash, Noem on Sunday took to social media to defend her actions and decision to publicize the story.

“The book is filled with many honest stories of my life, good and bad days, challenges, painful decisions, and lessons learned,” Noem posted on the social platform X.

“What I learned from my years of public service, especially leading South Dakota through COVID, is people are looking for leaders who are authentic, willing to learn from the past, and don’t shy away from tough challenges,” she added.

Democratic governors mocked Noem by sharing photos with their own pets with the caption, “Post a picture with your dog that doesn’t involve shooting them and throwing them in a gravel pit.”

Alyssa Farah Griffin, a former Trump spokesperson, wrote on X that she was “horrified” by the anecdote.

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre called the story “very sad,” but declined to weigh in further Monday.

The latest controversy is not the first time this year Noem has found herself in the national spotlight.

Earlier this month, four Native American tribes in the state barred her from their reservations, citing her comments suggesting some tribal leaders were “personally benefiting” from the presence of Mexican drug cartels.

Noem also attracted scrutiny after she posted a five-minute video on social media in March that was essentially an infomercial for a Texas-based cosmetic dentist where she had work done. State law in South Dakota bans gifts of more than $100 from lobbyists to public officials.

The governor’s propensity for finding the spotlight could ultimately work against her with Trump, whose allies maintain he does not want to be overshadowed by his eventual running mate.

“’No drama’ is going to be important,” the Republican strategist who spoke to The Hill said. “The whole deal is, you are looking for a stable No. 2 who could conceivably go on to be the party standard-bearer after four years.”

Michael Card, an associate professor of political science at the University of South Dakota, argued Noem’s latest controversy is different from her previous ones because the death of a pet resonates with so many Americans.

“It deals with something everybody understands. We either have had a pet die or know someone who had a pet die,” Card said.

Noem, who won reelection in 2022 with 62 percent of the vote, would likely fare just as well if she ran for statewide office again in the deep red state, Card said. But Noem is term limited, so she will not be able to run for reelection when her term ends in 2026.

Instead, she may be positioned for an ambassadorship or some other role in a potential second Trump administration, or for another role in GOP politics.

But Noem’s vice presidential chances, where she was seen as a potential running mate who could solidify Trump’s support with the evangelical base and assuage concerns about his age and treatment of women, have certainly taken a hit.

“Her ability to garner votes was somewhat limited to begin with, and I don’t think this will help much,” Card said.

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If you have any experience with working breeds and training dogs it’s easy to read between the lines of her story and see what real happened. She failed to secure the dog, the dog did what it was poorly trained to do and retrieved birds( yes chickens are birds) and it’s obvious she got bit because she put her hand between the chicken and the dogs mouth. When I was training my lab I would make her drop whatever she was retrieving at my feet and then sit down before I would pick it up. Sure it was frustrating at times when she was a puppy and still an adolescent and she would occasionally refuse to drop it but we trained past it. I didn’t go sticking my hand and fingers in her mouth like an idiot to pull out what she had.

I only know one guy who shot his hunting dog while on a hunt because it pissed him off. He is also the same guy that said he voted for Obama just to see what (in his words) the N word would.
View Quote

Yup.

Which do we think is the more likely scenario…

Poor old Kristi’s 14 mo old bird dog just wouldn’t hunt, despite tireless hours of field work and training, then suddenly went berserk right after the hunt and went on a killing spree of livestock, attacking anyone and everything in sight. The dog was so viscous Kristi couldn’t manage it until the trip to the vet, so a shotgun and a gravel pit was the best option for the uncontrollable beast.

She shares the story of her bravery and tough decision making, and society just doesn’t understand SD farm life where bird dogs go berserk.

Or…

Kristi Noem, a politician attempting to portray herself as a real tried and true South Dakotan, bought a high dollar, high drive working line bird dog and assumed pedigree would make up for training and field work. She takes said untrained dog out with some influential friends hoping to impress them with her dog gaining some SD street cred, and ends up completely embarrassed by the behavior of her untrained dog.

The excitable dog then leaps out of the truck when it finally sees a bird, and brings it to its owner. Then Kristi gets “bit” putting her hand between the dog and the bird it desperately wants to chase.

Frustrated, emotional and embarrassed, Kristi rashly decides shooting the dog is the only way to save face at this point. She gets rid of the “problem” dog and gets “farm girl” street cred for shooting it rather than calling the vet. Being that she’s a politician and has sociopathic tendencies to begin with, this all seems perfectly normal. Given the aforementioned sociopathic tendencies, lacking any self awareness or common sense, decides to brag about it rather than memory hole it like any rational person in a public position would.

I guess there is a slim possibility option 1 is reality, but Occam’s Razor says it’s probably option 2.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#20]
No wonder farmers are broke, killing bird dogs is expensive.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yup.

Which do we think is the more likely scenario  

Poor old Kristi's 14 mo old bird dog just wouldn't hunt, despite tireless hours of field work and training, then suddenly went berserk right after the hunt and went on a killing spree of livestock, attacking anyone and everything in sight. The dog was so viscous Kristi couldn't manage it until the trip to the vet, so a shotgun and a gravel pit was the best option for the uncontrollable beast.

She shares the story of her bravery and tough decision making, and society just doesn't understand SD farm life where bird dogs go berserk.

Or  

Kristi Noem, a politician attempting to portray herself as a real tried and true South Dakotan, bought a high dollar, high drive working line bird dog and assumed pedigree would make up for training and field work. She takes said untrained dog out with some influential friends hoping to impress them with her dog gaining some SD street cred, and ends up completely embarrassed by the behavior of her untrained dog.

The excitable dog then leaps out of the truck when it finally sees a bird, and brings it to its owner. Then Kristi gets "bit" putting her hand between the dog and the bird it desperately wants to chase.

Frustrated, emotional and embarrassed, Kristi decides rashly decides shooting the dog is the only way to save face at this point. She gets rid of the "problem" dog and gets "farm girl" street cred for shooting it rather than calling the vet. Being that she's a politician and has sociopathic tendencies to begin with, this all seems perfectly normal. Given the aforementioned sociopathic tendencies, lacking any self awareness or common sense, decides to brag about it rather than memory hole it like any rational person in a public position would.

I guess there is a slim possibility option 1 is reality, but Occam's Razor says it's probably option 2.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you have any experience with working breeds and training dogs it's easy to read between the lines of her story and see what real happened. She failed to secure the dog, the dog did what it was poorly trained to do and retrieved birds( yes chickens are birds) and it's obvious she got bit because she put her hand between the chicken and the dogs mouth. When I was training my lab I would make her drop whatever she was retrieving at my feet and then sit down before I would pick it up. Sure it was frustrating at times when she was a puppy and still an adolescent and she would occasionally refuse to drop it but we trained past it. I didn't go sticking my hand and fingers in her mouth like an idiot to pull out what she had.

I only know one guy who shot his hunting dog while on a hunt because it pissed him off. He is also the same guy that said he voted for Obama just to see what (in his words) the N word would.

Yup.

Which do we think is the more likely scenario  

Poor old Kristi's 14 mo old bird dog just wouldn't hunt, despite tireless hours of field work and training, then suddenly went berserk right after the hunt and went on a killing spree of livestock, attacking anyone and everything in sight. The dog was so viscous Kristi couldn't manage it until the trip to the vet, so a shotgun and a gravel pit was the best option for the uncontrollable beast.

She shares the story of her bravery and tough decision making, and society just doesn't understand SD farm life where bird dogs go berserk.

Or  

The excitable dog then leaps out of the truck when it finally sees a bird, and brings it to its owner. Then Kristi gets "bit" putting her hand between the dog and the bird it desperately wants to chase.

Frustrated, emotional and embarrassed, Kristi decides rashly decides shooting the dog is the only way to save face at this point. She gets rid of the "problem" dog and gets "farm girl" street cred for shooting it rather than calling the vet. Being that she's a politician and has sociopathic tendencies to begin with, this all seems perfectly normal. Given the aforementioned sociopathic tendencies, lacking any self awareness or common sense, decides to brag about it rather than memory hole it like any rational person in a public position would.

I guess there is a slim possibility option 1 is reality, but Occam's Razor says it's probably option 2.
Or she's old school and doesn't see dogs like most of us do. When I was a kid the rule was if a dog killed a chicken I had to put it down. It was my responsibility to make sure that the dog was trained and the chickens were protected. Thankfully I never had to put one of our dogs down. It was also a rule if a dog bit someone it would be put down. I didn't like the rules but they were common with my friends families too.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:00:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Or she's old school and doesn't see dogs like most of us do. When I was a kid the rule was if a dog killed a chicken I had to put it down. It was my responsibility to make sure that the dog was trained and the chickens were protected. Thankfully I never had to put one of our dogs down. It was also a rule if a dog bit someone it would be put down. I didn't like the rules but they were common with my friends families too.
View Quote

I get that, but Kristi Noem isn’t some farm girl telling a story at the bar about life on the farm back in the day.  

She’s a state Governor writing a book no doubt to try and sell herself on the national stage. Given her social media posts about her dogs, she is very well aware of how most of society views dogs these days. Maybe it was the best option, but I highly doubt it. Even if it was, for the sake of the GOP and her career, she should’ve shut the fuck up about it regardless.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Hmmm. Piggy backing on the does your dog see the paranormal or whatever the title is thread. Perhaps Cricket could sense she was a cheating cunt and kinda of a shit human being and just did like her or want to listen to her.

Maybe her husband did the training so it only listened to him. With our lab, if my wife try’s to play fetch and throws something whether it’s a stick or a ball the dog will always retrieve it and bring it to me. Drives my wife crazy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

A dog trained for upland hunting is going to kill or run down every chicken it smells. It’s literally what it’s trained to do.

A farm dog on the other hand, who’a job is protection and companionship, yes killing chickens or cats is a reason to cull. You can’t have a dog that does both jobs.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

A dog trained for upland hunting is going to kill or run down every chicken it smells. It’s literally what it’s trained to do.

A farm dog on the other hand, who’a job is protection and companionship, yes killing chickens or cats is a reason to cull. You can’t have a dog that does both jobs.
View Quote

Well no…that’s not what it’s “literally” trained to do…so that’s not in any way shape or form factually correct.  What that specific breed is trained to do is point the aforementioned bird and retrieve it when it’s killed…its prey drive in this case overtook its training.

Having to break a pointing dog that goes after running birds is one of the hardest behaviors to break in the pointing breeds.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Thread obviously full of people who have NEVER had misfortune of owning or really knowing a poorly focusing dog that lacks ability to resist succumbing to it's own fear/aggression instincts. Such dogs are sadly born that way, and those qualities can't be trained out.  They are basic instincts that domestication is failing to overcome. The are always on the edge of going into a feral or vicious state, and risk for them biting someone will always be there.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:22:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Reading the original story I had a high index of suspicion there was some embellishment on her part to paint herself in a better light. The fact the whole thing was suspect even with her facts was a clear indication there were some unflattering details left out. I’ve been around a lot of bird dogs, and it just didn’t pass the sniff test.

I’m sure the SD commercial pheasant and dog training community is just full of anti MAGA liberal cat ladies that don’t understand farm life though.
View Quote

I know one in the south central part of the state. A real gem.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve also met die hard MAGA Republicans in downtown San Francisco.

There are liberals everywhere unfortunately. I just doubt they are overrun with them in rural SD.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#29]
The dog escaped from her truck.  That's her fault, why wasn't the dog in a crate?  

The dog bit her when she grabbed it. Yea, grab a dog aggressively and hurt it, you might get bit.

As the owner of the chickens wept.  Farmers crying over a few chickens getting killed, is that the farm life I keep hearing about, lol.

Her story sounds like complete BS and it cost her big time as it should.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

There are liberals everywhere unfortunately. I just doubt they are overrun with them in rural SD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We for sure are not. It was just an anecdote, as that particular one really just sucks
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We for sure are not. It was just an anecdote, as that particular one really just sucks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s is terrible though. I’m sorry for you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:49:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Meh, sounds like she is a responsible dog owner.  What would have happend if the dog bit a child in the face?  I don't believe giving the dog to someone else would have solved any problem,  just giving the problem to someone else.  She did the right thing.  Life isn't fair or clean..
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:10:04 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't care that she killed a dog and a goat.  What she did was probably the right choice.

I do care that she was dumb enough to not understand the absolute horrible optics this has with people who don't come from a farming or rural background.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:16:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

You ever try to give away a dog that doesn't mind?  Did your dad take them to a farm?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:16:45 AM EDT
[#35]
It's everyone else's fault.....  

Noem blames ‘fake news’ for backlash against her killing a dog and goat

BY: SETH TUPPER - MAY 1, 2024 11:02 PM

Who’s to blame for the outrage about South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem’s fatal shootings of a dog and goat? “Fake news,” according to her.

Noem, a Republican, appeared Wednesday night on Fox News with anchor Sean Hannity for her first interview since the story broke last week. In his introduction, Hannity said Noem “is being attacked by both Republicans and Democrats, dog lovers and goat lovers.”

Noem replied, “Well, Sean, you know how the fake news works. They leave out some or most of the facts of a story. They put the worst spin on it, and that’s what’s happened in this case.”

In fact, what happened is that Noem chose to disclose the dog and goat story in her book “No Going Back,” which is scheduled to publish next week. The Guardian obtained an early copy and published a news story last Friday under the headline, “Trump VP contender Kristi Noem writes of killing dog – and goat – in new book.”

South Dakota Searchlight has since reviewed the relevant sections of the book and found them to be accurately described by The Guardian.

Noem wrote that she had a 14-month-old wirehair pointer years ago named Cricket, which had come from another family that struggled with the dog’s aggressive personality. The dog went “out of her mind with excitement” during a pheasant hunt with Noem, and later killed a neighbor’s chickens and “whipped around to bite” Noem when she intervened.

So Noem took the dog to a gravel pit and fatally shot it.

“Walking back up to the yard,” Noem wrote, “I spotted our billy goat.”

The “demon goat” often chased and knocked down Noem’s children, and it had a “wretched smell.” So Noem “dragged” the goat to the gravel pit and “tied him to a post.” The goat jumped when she shot, “and I needed one more shell to finish the job,” she wrote. But she didn’t have one, so she hurried back to her pickup, grabbed another shell, went back to the gravel pit, and “put him down.”

Noem wrote that her home was under construction at the time, and the construction crew witnessed her shooting spree “with looks of shock and amazement on their faces.”

During her interview with Hannity, Noem retold the stories about the dog and goat, and defended her decision to shoot them.

“And the reason it’s in the book is because this book is filled with tough, challenging decisions that I have had to make throughout my life,” Noem said. “And I hope that people understand from this that what the point of the story is, is that most politicians will run from the truth. They will shy away and hide from making tough decisions. I don’t do either of those.”

Noem said state law allows for the killing of dangerous dogs such as Cricket. She did not address the legality of shooting the goat.

She described the backlash as a continuation of criticism directed at her during the COVID-19 pandemic, when she avoided strict lockdowns.

“It’s an unfortunate situation, but one that I hope people understand that they need to hear the truth and not what the media has been spinning,” Noem said. “The media, continuously, through the fake news, does not always tell the truth, and they spin the story. They did the same thing to me during COVID and they’re doing it again here. I hope people buy the book and read the truth.”

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:22:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Sounds like CN is kind of a dumb ass really. Country folks will know what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:03:16 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

First rule, when you find yourself in a hole you should stop digging.  She isn't even smart enough to do that.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Kristi Noem blames 'fake news' for the outrage over shooting dog Cricket who 'wasn't a puppy' and was 'put down' because she killed livestock.

She detailed to Hannity that Cricket came to her from another family that 'found her way too aggressive.'

Noem said that the dog 'massacred livestock' and 'attacked me.' Hannity agreed with Noem that 'dogs that are violent sometimes have to be put down'

'The reason it's in the book is because this book is filled with tough, challenging decisions I've had to make throughout my life,' the governor explained when asked why she decided to bring the controversial story to light.

She added: 'The point of this story is most politicians, they will run from the truth, they will shy away and hide from making tough decisions. I don't do either of those.'

The excerpt about Cricket's killing was first published by The Guardian last week. Noem wrote in her book that the puppy was 'untrainable' and had killed a neighbor's chicken.

'I hated that dog,' she wrote, adding Cricket was 'less than worthless…as a hunting dog'.

Noem wrote about how she decided to 'put her down' by taking Cricket to a gravel pit and shooting her.

Many animal rights activists claim the right thing to do would be to re-home or surrender the dog to a shelter where there may have been resources to properly train Cricket and give her to a family without children or livestock.

Noem claims outrage over the story of Cricket was sparked by 'fake news,' which she claims left out 'some or most of the facts' and 'put the worst spin on it.'

She urged people to buy the book themselves to read the whole story.

The book No Going Back: The Truth on What's Wrong with Politics and How We Move America Forward will hit shelves on May 7 but has already stirred plenty of conversation and controversy surrounding the South Dakota governor.

More at link
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Dogs for many thousands of years have been tools...stock.  To be used and cast away if needed, or consumed for food.

This mental illness of humanizing animals needs to be treated, people should be ostracized.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:32:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The dog should have been put down and doing it the way she did was fine.

You are awash with estrogen, giving off waves of feminine energy with your emotional outbursts.  This is embarrassing to see men act this way in America.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I get that, but Kristi Noem isn't some farm girl telling a story at the bar about life on the farm back in the day.  

She's a state Governor writing a book no doubt to try and sell herself on the national stage. Given her social media posts about her dogs, she is very well aware of how most of society views dogs these days. Maybe it was the best option, but I highly doubt it. Even if it was, for the sake of the GOP and her career, she should've shut the fuck up about it regardless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get that, but Kristi Noem isn't some farm girl telling a story at the bar about life on the farm back in the day.  

She's a state Governor writing a book no doubt to try and sell herself on the national stage. Given her social media posts about her dogs, she is very well aware of how most of society views dogs these days. Maybe it was the best option, but I highly doubt it. Even if it was, for the sake of the GOP and her career, she should've shut the fuck up about it regardless.
But you are missing the point-she very much is a part of the culture of the mentality of "old school" she was born and raised on a working ranch and farm. Animals are a commodity in this mindset. While it was a poor representation of the point she was making but she holds human needs and rights above an animals. I would be interested to see a poll of people who opposed the bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima-has the mentality of people changed so much that we are too sensitive to differentiate from dogs and people? I love my dogs very much. They bring me endless joy but if the SHTF I would eat every one of them. As long as the dogs were not abused-it is her responsibility to do what she feels is best. Rehoming a dog takes time and resources which she may not have had-it accepts an amount of liability that she probably didn't want, it competes for homes with possibly more worthy dogs. There is a long line of justifications for her decision. The only true mistake was using it to make the point that it makes her a better candidate. That was reckless but maybe the old saying no publicity is bad publicity is still true. People are clearly talking about her.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

A dog trained for upland hunting is going to kill or run down every chicken it smells. It's literally what it's trained to do.

A farm dog on the other hand, who'a job is protection and companionship, yes killing chickens or cats is a reason to cull. You can't have a dog that does both jobs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A dog trained for upland hunting is going to kill or run down every chicken it smells. It's literally what it's trained to do.

A farm dog on the other hand, who'a job is protection and companionship, yes killing chickens or cats is a reason to cull. You can't have a dog that does both jobs.
That's not entirely true. First no hunter trains their dogs to hunt chickens. This will get them in a world of trouble with most land owners (also cats). Second it is the dogs nature to deem chickens as game-they can be trained to point or ignore them. It doesn't sound like the dog was well trained. But I agree it is a lazy attitude towards the dog. Mind you, I've seen worse. In most rural communities her actions were justified.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
But you are missing the point-she very much is a part of the culture of the mentality of "old school" she was born and raised on a working ranch and farm. Animals are a commodity in this mindset. While it was a poor representation of the point she was making but she holds human needs and rights above an animals. I would be interested to see a poll of people who opposed the bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima-has the mentality of people changed so much that we are too sensitive to differentiate from dogs and people? I love my dogs very much. They bring me endless joy but if the SHTF I would eat every one of them. As long as the dogs were not abused-it is her responsibility to do what she feels is best. Rehoming a dog takes time and resources which she may not have had-it accepts an amount of liability that she probably didn't want, it competes for homes with possibly more worthy dogs. There is a long line of justifications for her decision. The only true mistake was using it to make the point that it makes her a better candidate. That was reckless but maybe the old saying no publicity is bad publicity is still true. People are clearly talking about her.
View Quote

A) Nobody here is claiming dogs are people, that they are to be put ahead of yourself or your very own kids. Most of us here who think Kristi was a shitty dog owner for doing what she did hunt, live rurally, and very much understand that animals aren’t people. We also have and train working line dogs and have a relationship with said dogs and think it’s fucked up to kill otherwise good dogs that simply weren’t trained.

B) This isn’t little house on the prairie. Kristi Noem isn’t a poor farmer in the 1890s, struggling to make it. Yup, in the not too distant past it was socially acceptable to shoot your untrained dog for doing untrained dog stuff if you felt like it, and in some subsets it might still be.

But most of us dog owners are better educated about training and behavior these days are can recognize the difference between an untrained dog and a “broken” dog. By all indication, this was just an untrained dog doing untrained dog things.

This is like a white person who grew up in the south before the 60s telling a story about yelling at a black person for not sitting in the back of the bus or drinking out of the wrong drinking fountain, then being flabbergasted about why people are now calling them a rascist. Then doubling down on it and claiming “people just don’t understand the culture I grew up in.”
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Double tap
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#46]
It takes true grit to shoot a healthy puppy.

A sturdy frontier woman/beauty queen is what America needs right now. Think of Kristi as the political equivalent of Rooster Cogburn.

Would like to see her drown a kitten to shut up all the whiners.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#47]
The left was just trying to sabotage her new book debut.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can see how reading it could have that effect.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Noems crime wasn't necessarily in killing the dog. The crime was in exploiting the dogs execution for political purposes.

She's far more horrible than Mitt Romney when he transported a dog on the roof of his car for a 12 hour trip.  

Both are sadistic psychopaths.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Kristi Noem blames 'fake news' for the outrage over shooting dog Cricket who 'wasn't a puppy' and was 'put down' because she killed livestock.

She detailed to Hannity that Cricket came to her from another family that 'found her way too aggressive.'

Noem said that the dog 'massacred livestock' and 'attacked me.' Hannity agreed with Noem that 'dogs that are violent sometimes have to be put down'

'The reason it's in the book is because this book is filled with tough, challenging decisions I've had to make throughout my life,' the governor explained when asked why she decided to bring the controversial story to light.

She added: 'The point of this story is most politicians, they will run from the truth, they will shy away and hide from making tough decisions. I don't do either of those.'

The excerpt about Cricket's killing was first published by The Guardian last week. Noem wrote in her book that the puppy was 'untrainable' and had killed a neighbor's chicken.

'I hated that dog,' she wrote, adding Cricket was 'less than worthless as a hunting dog'.

Noem wrote about how she decided to 'put her down' by taking Cricket to a gravel pit and shooting her.

Many animal rights activists claim the right thing to do would be to re-home or surrender the dog to a shelter where there may have been resources to properly train Cricket and give her to a family without children or livestock.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/05/02/13/84365259-13375241-image-a-1_1714654548063.jpg

Noem claims outrage over the story of Cricket was sparked by 'fake news,' which she claims left out 'some or most of the facts' and 'put the worst spin on it.'

She urged people to buy the book themselves to read the whole story.

The book No Going Back: The Truth on What's Wrong with Politics and How We Move America Forward will hit shelves on May 7 but has already stirred plenty of conversation and controversy surrounding the South Dakota governor.

More at link
View Quote
Lol exactly what we all said last week: she's so fucking dumb she thought this story would make her look like a stronk, decisive grrlboss.

Anyone with an IQ over 80 or so could have predicted exactly how this would play out
Page / 14
Top Top