Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Stlrain0341:
Regarding the dog, I’m still not sure how failing to properly train your dog and then shooting it should be seen as a virtue. Sure, kill the dog but you still fucked up in the training part.

Regarding the decision to then kill the goat, that’s just fucking weird and shows some judgement lapses.

Regarding failing to kill the goat the first time kinda reinforces the apparent lack of competence indicated by the failure to train the dog in the first place.

And then the biggest red flag… writing about it and thinking this will make her appear tough.

I’m sure it could all be misconstrued, but seriously, if you’re going to make the general point about growing up on a farm maybe just talk about how you had to put down dogs that got too old.
View Quote

All this. She also comes across as impulsive and vindictive. Maybe if she hadn't mentioned how much she hated both animals........the optics are bad any way you look at it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:52:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rlex] [#2]
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:

Did you live 40 miles from your vet?  Were you dirt poor?
View Quote

dirt poor and pay to have the vet come when we could have used a 22 - you confuse me????   My dad valued his dogs they herded our dairy cows and were our companions when we did our chores - sorry we don't share the same values.

I grew up on a dairy farm in 60s and 70s and the Vet made barn calls and was a good friend of my father.  I raised, shot and field dressed my share of beef cows growing up -  they had their purpose.  I've dragged dead cows and stillborn calves to the back pasture.  

These days I would have considered rescue for a dog that does not perform its work function. As as said in my first post - I've adopted 7 Great Pyrenees rescue dogs all who had physical or behavior issues that we worked through.  

I am just not as badass as Kristi or more likely smart enough to not to say something like that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ZW17:
That's farm life.
View Quote
No, that's incompetence.

Lack of decision making skills, etc.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#4]
She killed a dog and a goat. So what, why the outrage?

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:00:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#5]
Originally Posted By ZW17:
That’s farm life.
View Quote

She's a politician.

If she was also a part of farm life in combination with that, she'd know good and well that even if she did  have to so something like that, you don't talk about it, especially not with people who cannot have a clue about those situations.

She never should have talked about it, doing so was an own-goal.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

And apparently you have no clue what world a politician lives in. Her job is to say and do things that appeal to her voter base. Maybe that story did the trick when she was running for mayor of FarmVille, but it’s going to be her downfall when she tries to compete on the national stage.  There was no gain from telling that story.
View Quote

Actually a politicians ( all of them ) job is to pass good legislation for all occupants of their state or district.
Saying cute things is pandering and has jack shit to do with a persons job performance.

What she or any other politician says means little , its what they do that matters.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MaddMan:

Right now the story is, the dog killed chickens and bit her.  It was fine to put the dog down.
View Quote
Reasonable.

Putting it on paper and publishing it? Stupid.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Whoever told her to write that was a fucking leftist plant.  The only thing that could have hurt her worse politically was if she wrote about shooting a five year old child for expressing interest in transgenderism.

Seriously WTF is she thinking.  She obviously has nobody sane and thoughtful in her life she trusts to run shit by, like "hey do you think it's a good idea if I.........."
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:20:14 PM EDT
[#9]
It will be rich if dims call her out for putting her dog down while they are all in for anytime abortion.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:25:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Some dogs are just fucked up beyond training. I’ve seen very expensive Malinois dispatched in a similar manner because they were uncontrollable.

However, now that dog worship is a full fledged religion, I expect Noem to be burned at the stake for this.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:28:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ranging-by-zipcode] [#11]
Originally Posted By CouncilOfDave:
Reasonable.

Putting it on paper and publishing it? Stupid.
View Quote

It's just dumb and anyone defending it is a smooth brain

It's not about having to do ranch stuff it's the whole then adding
My daughter had just gotten off the school bus  after I dragged it to the gravel pit and  also just shot the goat  and asked where's "cricket "

Who would advise her to put any of that in her book .... Someone had to proof read everything  and I'm damn well sure she mentioned it to her husband and family

They said yeah good idea write that down

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:34:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BBFCM] [#12]
…………
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:44:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Even Gavin's throwing shade lol

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Well . . . I guess we know who isn't going to be a VP pick

And no . . . I don't mean Cricket
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By triburst1:
Some dogs are just fucked up beyond training. I’ve seen very expensive Malinois dispatched in a similar manner because they were uncontrollable.

However, now that dog worship is a full fledged religion, I expect Noem to be burned at the stake for this.
View Quote

This is the ARF way....
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:57:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Gspointer:

Yeah, people that do things for themselves suck.
View Quote
See, this is what we're talking about. If you guys ever stepped away from the farm you'd know the world is full of people doing productive things for themselves. Some of it's not even hay bailing!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#17]
She should have just killed her kids instead, then she'd be heralded as a brave and courageous woman.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By rlex:

Guess we grew up on different farms, shipmate. We valued our farm dogs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Josh:

I grew up on a farm and never heard of the concept of taking an animal to a vet to be “put down” until I was in my thirties and hanging out with city folk.

Everybody values a good farm dog.

The second he decides to chase cattle or chickens though, that's it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#19]
She just had to put that in there huh?? Couldn’t be talked out of that huh?

What a bitch and an idiot.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:09:15 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Right?  The vet *might* get called for a cow that needed looked at, but nobody's calling the vet to "put down" anything.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By SamBoga:

View Quote
Newsome's wife had consensual sex with Harvey Weinstein. FGN.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:14:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harmonic_Distortion] [#22]
Noem is done. This is just another example in a long line of poor decision making/impulse control. Why the blue fuck would you write that, even if its true?

#NotReadyForPrimeTime

#RepublicansStepOnTheirDicks

#SnatchingDefeatFromTheJawsOfVictory
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By JKH62:
It will be rich if dims call her out for putting her dog down while they are all in for anytime abortion.

View Quote

@JKH62

They've been all over X/twitter with outrage since yesterday at least. Haven't signed in yet today but I'm sure they haven't stopped.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By _Redacted_:

There are so many details that are left out and allow for this kind of arm chair quarterback assessment.   When the dogs are done in the field we take their shock collars off and they go in their crates in the back of the truck/suv.  I could just as easily assume based on other posters, that this dog got out somehow (previous posters dog gift that was great except it was always looking for a chance to bolt) and made a beeline for the chickens.  Maybe someone left the tailgate open and the dog got out.  If the dog was as uncontrollable as we are led to believe,  then my "assumption" is that she wasn't just letting it out to roam around these people's property.

But hey your guess is as good as anyones
View Quote

You put dogs in crates? I'm calling peta. Cruel and unusual torture of the poor dogs.
Oh wait, peta kills something like 99% of all animals they take in according to a kennel club site.
It's a fucking uncontrolled dog, put it down.
And yes that's normally a SSS situation.
Unless someone (chicken owners?) started talking to dems or the press.
And they way half the people on here worry abortion is a losing stance, then put that same cavalier attitude to the dog.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 15jonshoot:

@JKH62

They've been all over X/twitter with outrage since yesterday at least. Haven't signed in yet today but I'm sure they haven't stopped.
View Quote

It's what they do.
They have helpers here too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:33:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BFskinner] [#26]

It's what they do.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 15jonshoot:

@JKH62

It's what they do.

Regardless of the pile-on this is an entirely unforced and completely foreseeable error on the part of Noem.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By TheKill:
Whoever told her to write that was a fucking leftist plant.  The only thing that could have hurt her worse politically was if she wrote about shooting a five year old child for expressing interest in transgenderism.

Seriously WTF is she thinking.  She obviously has nobody sane and thoughtful in her life she trusts to run shit by, like "hey do you think it's a good idea if I.........."
View Quote

Hahah, I actually think that wouldn’t have been as bad depending on context. Maybe if it was a little questionable/interpretable

“Mommy, can I play GI joes too?”

“Uhhggg, alright, let’s got for a walk to the gravel pit. Say goodbye to your dad and brother first…cause reasons”
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Personally I hate anyone who would shoot a dog they cannot train. Yes I am a person who vastly values dogs more than people. Politics? No she belongs in a battered women’s shelter waiting for her new teeth to arrive.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By HRoark87:
Even Hillary knows better than to talk about her body count.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Yeah, I didn’t read “out of control maligator” in that story. Kind of different issues, and I would hope anyone that was forced into doing that wouldn’t turn it into a bizzaro humble-brag blub in their autobiography.

At first I thought this story was when she was like 13. Seeing she mentioned her kids coming home later takes it to another level of ick. What a psychopath.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Well……..guess that’s the end of my political career.  Anything harassing livestock or biting people takes a dirt nap. It has been that way my whole life,  Coyotes especially are dispatched with as much violence as can be dished out as far as my father is concerned.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

I grew up on a farm and never heard of the concept of taking an animal to a vet to be “put down” until I was in my thirties and hanging out with city folk.

You're mistaking the kind of "farmer" she was. Her father's farm was 9700 acres, that ending up being one of the more popular hunting lodges in the Watertown area at one point. Mid-90's price for pheasant season was $250/gun/per day before the lodge, and almost $500/gun/per day after. I suspect the dog was probably between $500-$2k, depending on bloodlines. Her dad had expensive horses and expensive dogs, and I doubt she had anything less after she got married.

This was not likely a general farm dog, but a bird-dog. You don't shoot a bird-dog for killing chickens, unless you're an idiot that throws money away. You keep the dog away from the things you've trained it to retrieve, unless you want them retrieved.

Writing about this was the epitome of stupidity.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

It's a Pointer, not a Malinois.

My family grew up with German Shorthair Pointers. My dad had 2-3 growing up on a farm.

Here was still a puppy and just needed training.

In all of my years on this earth, I've never heard of a "fucked up beyond training" Shorthair or Wirehair pointer.

They require discipline, firm authority, and room to get their energy out.

This has nothing to do with "now that dog worship is a full fledged religion," it's about someone not training their dog properly and then bragging about killing it.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:26:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Someone tweeted this to Noem.

(First person is her husband, middle person is Corey Lewandowski)

It is kind of funny.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Cricket got got
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#37]
I just don't care. I can't recall just how many dogs I've killed. So she killed one too. Whatever. There was a German Shepherd in the Whitehouse that sounded like it needed killing too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:47:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Joined a long line of conservative politicians that blew up their lives by not being able to keep their mouths shut.  It's like a disease or something.

If a reporter started asking them a whole bunch of questions they would clam up. Send them a check and tell them it's for "an autobiography" that will be published and suddenly that's OK?

Moron.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Maybe she can still make AG?  I wonder what her thoughts are on pedos, groomers, and corrupt politicians?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Square66:
Why would you even tell that story?   I mean what good can come from it?

Oh well, at least she’s still hot, so she has that going for her.
View Quote

Rep should not publish anything other than unicorns or pots of gold.  Once Nov elections are over , have at it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:12:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dirtyboy] [#41]

dirt poor and pay to have the vet come when we could have used a 22 - you confuse me????   My dad valued his dogs they herded our dairy cows and were our companions when we did our chores - sorry we don't share the same values.

I grew up on a dairy farm in 60s and 70s and the Vet made barn calls and was a good friend of my father.  I raised, shot and field dressed my share of beef cows growing up -  they had their purpose.  I've dragged dead cows and stillborn calves to the back pasture.  

These days I would have considered rescue for a dog that does not perform its work function. As as said in my first post - I've adopted 7 Great Pyrenees rescue dogs all who had physical or behavior issues that we worked through.  

I am just not as badass as Kristi or more likely smart enough to not to say something like that.
View Quote

I generally used a .22, except on cattle then used a .357.
Wonder who actually wrote the book and if they were supposed to include those parts?  Meanwhile, as another R fails the purity test, the other side celebrates killing babies as a basic right.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

She's a politician.

If she was also a part of farm life in combination with that, she'd know good and well that even if she did  have to so something like that, you don't talk about it, especially not with people who cannot have a clue about those situations.

She never should have talked about it, doing so was an own-goal.
View Quote

If she talked about taking her grandmother off life support, they would label her granny killer

A career republican should be able to see that and avoid talking about blasting her dog or making a difficult decision about a family member

Talk about literally anything else to show decisiveness This should have been a layup in a book no one will read
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SavedByTheBlood:
Republicans just love to shoot themselves in the foot! Seriously why write about that?

Trump VP contender Kristi Noem writes of killing dog – and goat – in new book

“Cricket was a wirehair pointer, about 14 months old,” the South Dakota governor writes in a new book, adding that the dog, a female, had an “aggressive personality” and needed to be trained to be used for hunting pheasant.
What unfolds over the next few pages shows how that effort went very wrong indeed – and, remarkably, how Cricket was not the only domestic animal Noem chose to kill one day in hunting season.
View Quote

She includes her story about the ill-fated Cricket, she says, to illustrate her willingness, in politics as well as in South Dakota life, to do anything “difficult, messy and ugly” if it simply needs to be done.
By taking Cricket on a pheasant hunt with older dogs, Noem says, she hoped to calm the young dog down and begin to teach her how to behave. Unfortunately, Cricket ruined the hunt, going “out of her mind with excitement, chasing all those birds and having the time of her life”.
Noem describes calling Cricket, then using an electronic collar to attempt to bring her under control. Nothing worked.
View Quote

“I hated that dog,” Noem writes, adding that Cricket had proved herself “untrainable”, “dangerous to anyone she came in contact with” and “less than worthless … as a hunting dog”.
“At that moment,” Noem says, “I realised I had to put her down.”
Noem, who also represented her state in Congress for eight years, got her gun, then led Cricket to a gravel pit.
View Quote

“It was not a pleasant job,” she writes, “but it had to be done. And after it was over, I realised another unpleasant job needed to be done.”
Incredibly, Noem’s tale of slaughter is not finished.
Her family, she writes, also owned a male goat that was “nasty and mean”, because it had not been castrated. Furthermore, the goat smelled “disgusting, musky, rancid” and “loved to chase” Noem’s children, knocking them down and ruining their clothes.
Noem decided to kill the unnamed goat the same way she had just killed Cricket the dog. But though she “dragged him to a gravel pit”, the goat jumped as she shot and therefore survived the wound. Noem says she went back to her truck, retrieved another shell, then “hurried back to the gravel pit and put him down”.
View Quote

This is why women don’t belong in politics and leadership positions imho. Sounds like she got all emotionally overwhelmed and went on a killing spree.

View Quote

Holy shit. That’s reprehensible. Fuck that cunt.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Welp, got rid of another one. Hope everyone is happy.

Yeah, it was really F-in stupid.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Who’s upset… the cult that murders babies?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

It's like the Dems got the same talking points distributed to them.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:36:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XNARC] [#47]
Originally Posted By Terriblis:

View All Quotes

Certainly someone could post a response… “Post a picture with your kids that doesn’t involve them getting cut up and vacuumed out of the womb and ending up in a petri dish at a cosmetic company. I’ll go next.”

PS: The communist death tolls have been criticized by various historians and scholars. Any attempt to estimate a total number of killings under communist regimes depends greatly on definitions, ranging from a low of 10–20 million to as high as 110 million.

Some historians estimate that 14 million people were imprisoned in the Gulag labor camps from 1929 to 1953 (the estimates for the period from 1918 to 1929 are more difficult to calculate). Other calculations, by historian Orlando Figes, refer to 25 million prisoners of the Gulag in 1928–1953.

These are the same motherfuckers that want you dead or in a gulag until you’re dead…and you care what they comment about a dog?

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:37:30 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

She deserves to be endlessly roasted

By everyone
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:43:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macros73] [#49]
I wouldn't expect GD to be in favor of anyone who prides themselves in putting down stinky old uncastrated goats.

More seriously, the parable of Kristi and Cricket is a classic bit of Americana. Firing the employees for your own failures as a leader and manager is a story that needs told more often.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Sigh. What’s wrong with these idiots. How fucking clueless do you need to be to share this story. No reason, whatsoever.
Page / 14
Top Top