Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/19/2024 1:15:06 AM EDT
The disruptors were told they could commit mayhem with impunity.

That's why they still tried to attack a person who was literally killing them: That's not supposed to happen.

Is the programming failing?
Will more NPCs go off script and get on their own program?

Will squatters/etcetera find out the first one is free?
Will my EE rating affect my message?

I'm ready for the Lord to return.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:21:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:24:32 AM EDT
[#2]
From what I've seen Kyle Rittenhouse was never an NPC type.

As for how things went down for him. I would say he was fairly lucky. I mean the authorities could have had him shanked in prison or even publicly lynched on live TV and all that anyone could do would be to grumble, "damn Soros DA."
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:32:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hesperus:

As for how things went down for him. I would say he was fairly lucky. I mean the authorities could have had him shanked in prison or even publicly lynched on live TV and all that anyone could do would be to grumble, "damn Soros DA."
View Quote

The Dems think we are the NPCs in their world.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:33:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By highstepper:

View Quote

Ah yes they do. And they will continue to think that until proven otherwise.

Or all of reality comes falling down around their ears and all they can do is scrunch up into the fetal position, repeating fervently. "This is not happening!"
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:35:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WoolRug] [#5]

Or all of reality comes falling down around their ears and all they can do is scrunch up into the fetal position, repeating fervently. "This is not happening!"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

"This is not SUPPOSED to happen!"
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:42:07 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

It makes more sense if you substitute 'normie' for NPC but I get the general idea. The more pressure they put on ordinary people and their normalcy bias, the more they're going to see folks start breaking the mold and acting for themselves in ways they aren't going to like.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:16:01 AM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

No doubt  lot will self select out, drug themselves in a stooper, and in general fail to adjust once reality sets in.

That said its not a coincidence that the people KR shot all had a wrap sheet and violent tendencies.  There is also a core group of paid activists/revolutionaries to direct street actions.  They are well funded and are better trained than many of us would like to admit.  I do not believe they will fold like a cheap suit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:34:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Who ordered or paid for the pallets of bricks that just so conveniently showed up at the riot locations?

In Washington state…Seattle maybe or maybe it was Portland, OR…whatever happened to the Fed cops/guards who were guarding that one Federal building (courthouse?) that were “blinded” by the rioters’s lasers?

Remember whatever FBI guy was testifying at the Rittenhouse trial and he admitted there was a better, hi def video from some surveillance aircraft or drone that night?

But it got deleted somehow?

There were rumors here in GD that there were some agitators/organizers lon the ground that night in Kenosha who were wearing IR strobes?

Were these IR strobes visible in this hi def video from the FBI?

Is that why the video was deleted?

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:36:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm probably the only one...

What the fuck is a NPC?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:39:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Remember, it's only a war crime after they tell you not to do it again.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:40:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By chmodx:

What the fuck is a NPC?
View Quote

"NPC" stands for "Non-Player Character" and is used as a metaphor to describe someone who is perceived as lacking independent thought or blindly following trends.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:40:08 AM EDT
[#12]

What the fuck is a NPC?
View Quote

NPC = Non-Playable Character

Video game jargon.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:41:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WeimaranerDad] [#13]

What the fuck is a NPC?
View Quote

It is a video game reference…. Non player characters.  It is also used in reference to the theory that we are in a Matrix like simulation:

Attachment Attached File

EDIT:  all the people walking by Neo and Morpheus in this video clip could be thought of as NPC’s:

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:44:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Newnimprovedusername] [#14]

What the fuck is a NPC?
View Quote

Non Player Character. It was originally a gaming term but is now being used to describe someone who’s incapable of independent thought.

ETA: Damn, I type slow - beat like a rented mule
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:44:25 AM EDT
[#15]

What the fuck is a NPC?
View Quote

NPC = Non Playable Character

It comes from video games. Generally means game characters that you interact with, but they have limited to no dialog and actions.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:02:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:12:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prijador] [#17]
Originally Posted By xd675:

No doubt  lot will self select out, drug themselves in a stooper, and in general fail to adjust once reality sets in.

That said its not a coincidence that the people KR shot all had a wrap sheet and violent tendencies.  There is also a core group of paid activists/revolutionaries to direct street actions.  They are well funded and are better trained than many of us would like to admit.  I do not believe they will fold like a cheap suit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xd675:

The three Kyle shot were all criminals, because that’s what the footsoldiers of dogshit political movements are (at least initially).

The Reds in the Russian Revolution, the Nazi Brownshirts, hell even ISIS to cite a recent example.

People with little or nothing to lose, who see a chance to commit mayhem and even “get revenge” on the normal productive types.  Of course, they mostly get “cleaned up” by their own masters once they have outlived their usefulness, but they lack the ability to foresee consequences (the hallmark of the average leftist).
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:22:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:30:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dagoth-Ur] [#19]

View Quote

And on that day, show them no mercy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:44:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:59:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:05:51 AM EDT
[#22]

That meme is fucking gold!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:24:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
Attachment Attached File
View Quote

Originally Posted By WeimaranerDad:
Attachment Attached File
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
View Quote

These are GOLD Jerry, GOLD!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:53:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:56:04 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Sad but true....
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:58:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Who ordered or paid for the pallets of bricks that just so conveniently showed up at the riot locations?

In Washington state…Seattle maybe or maybe it was Portland, OR…whatever happened to the Fed cops/guards who were guarding that one Federal building (courthouse?) that were “blinded” by the rioters’s lasers?

Remember whatever FBI guy was testifying at the Rittenhouse trial and he admitted there was a better, hi def video from some surveillance aircraft or drone that night?

There were rumors here in GD that there were some agitators/organizers lon the ground that night in Kenosha who were wearing IR strobes?

View Quote

It's simply remarkable how often the FBLie loses incriminating videos and emails, isn't it?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:52:04 AM EDT
[#27]
What if Kyle wore a mask and just killed everyone involved in the incident, then disappeared into the night?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:04:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By AEROMechanic:

Video game jargon.
View Quote

Thanks.

Will continue to ignore anyone who attempts to use NPC is any semi serious convo.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:10:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:16:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By FDC:

Thanks.

Will continue to ignore anyone who attempts to use NPC is any semi serious convo.
View Quote

The use of NPC to describe Leftist useful idiots isn’t flippant. It precisely encapsulates the absence of critical thought exhibited by the Liberals.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#31]

What the fuck is a NPC?
View Quote

In video games, a Non-Player Character is an entity that's programmed to do things but has no actual will or intelligence of its own.

People have started applying this term in recent years to other people who apparently don't have the capacity for internal monologue or rational thought - they just drone through their lives blindly following whatever the TV or radio or newspaper or leader says.

What OP describes is closer to a 'normie' - someone who's not really politically engaged who just lives their life and goes through their daily routine. They may or may not also be an NPC but the concepts are separate and distinct.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:28:46 AM EDT
[#32]
The left, and especially the far left, has always been based on group think to survive.  The group will always sacrifice the individual to promote itself and it will always attack the outsider.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:39:27 AM EDT
[#33]
The Dept of Education was designed to create a nation of NPC’s.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:45:15 AM EDT
[#34]
We have seen it on a macro scale in Korea with the human waves of Chinese.

I haven't yet come across anything relating what the Chinese were told about the Americans and other troops defending Korea, but I am willing to bet there was some brainwashing.  Chinese physical and moral superiority, foreign troops are fragile and scared, etc.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#35]

What the fuck is a NPC?
View Quote

You aren't alone. Apparently gaming is life.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:56:47 AM EDT
[#36]

Thanks.

View Quote

Why?

It is a perfectly valid analogy to describe a type of behavior quickly.  

Watch people walking down a city street, and see how many are buried in their phone or are otherwise oblivious to their surroundings.

Watch at a four way stop when all sides of the intersection come to a stop at the same time. There is usually a log jam as this disrupts the normal progamming and the drivers have to find a solution.  

Go to a crowded concert and watch the behavior of the people in the crowd to any stimulus.  Especially when in anticipation of the act coming on. Any activity on stage triggers a reaction.

Just because the term originated in videogames doesn't make it stupid, invalid or negate its usage.

Language and words change over time and leisure and entertainment activities can be a source of new terms. NPC is not "dumbing down", as it is accurate, recognized and communicates a host of specific ideas quickly.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#37]

What the fuck is a NPC?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:31:32 AM EDT
[#38]

What the fuck is a NPC?
View Quote

You're not the only one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:43:58 AM EDT
[#39]

What the fuck is a NPC?
View Quote

Boomer checking in.

Yeah, I had to google it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:46:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MFP_4073] [#40]
Originally Posted By wienerman1961:

You're not the only one.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wienerman1961:

What the fuck is a NPC?

You're not the only one.

it's a reference in video game lingo - Non Player Character

basically a computer generated 'nobody'.  they are in the game designed to advance game play -- but not played by a 'real person'

if you go back tomorrow or next month -- the NPC will be in the game in the same place doing the same thing responding to prompts the same way

its trendy youth-speak
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:46:53 AM EDT
[#41]
AIBot data collecting. Don't feed the AI.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:47:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#42]

Thanks.

View All Quotes

Thanks.

Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

basically a computer generated 'nobody'.  they are in the game designed to advance game play -- but not played by a 'real person'

if you go back tomorrow or next month -- the NPC will be in the game in the same place doing the same thing responding to prompts the same way

its trendy youth-speak

Don't forget, it's also been a term for 30+ years.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#43]

What the fuck is a NPC?
View Quote

It the real world they are Normies.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:51:02 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

When they never expected it, a Kyle showed up and fucked up their riot. Then when they were desperate for more "Kyle types" on Jan 6th, all they got were clowns taking selfies and fed. assets. At least their "bomber" didnt get caught...
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Scott-S6:

"NPC" stands for "Non-Player Character" and is used as a metaphor to describe someone who is perceived as lacking independent thought or blindly following trends.
View Quote

EVERYTHING now comes from the gamer community. I guess it's better than all the sportsball metaphors.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

EVERYTHING now comes from the gamer community. I guess it's better than all the sportsball metaphors.
View Quote

Gamergate was the beginning of the end.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#47]

A man ahead of his time….
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:56:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Ronin72:
What if Kyle wore a mask and just killed everyone involved in the incident, then disappeared into the night?
View Quote

All the fed assets would catch him that evening. That "event" was covered 100% Even if he never ever used a phone the various surveillance aircraft would rewind the tapes, see Kyle arrive, shoot, then follow him to his car/home. He'd have to bicycle in from Detroit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#49]

What the fuck is a NPC?
View Quote
You were not alone. I had no idea either.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:00:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kihn] [#50]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

Thanks.

Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

its trendy youth-speak

"I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top