Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2024 5:57:42 PM EDT
Gents,

I'd like to add a med kit to my belt. Right now I only carry a SOFTT TQ on my concealed vest.

We are issued a Sam Browne belt, 2.5" wide, and honestly there is not much room left on mine. I found a HDGI blowout pouch that I bought years ago and never used (https://www.highspeedgear.com/12bp00-12bp10). Thinking of rigging it for a belt mount and putting stuff in. It's pretty small.

What do you gents carry on the belt as far as med supplies?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Gloves, and gloves.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Gloves (multiples) in my pants pocket, tourniquet on the belt, and BFG micro trauma kit on the inside ankle of the right foot.

One IFAK and tourniquet on my plate carrier and two more IFAKs in the car; one in each front door pocket.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:57:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Gloves and chest seals in cargo pockets, TQ on a bracket that attaches to the front of my holster, and a Gerber strap cutter that’s clipped to a chest pocket on my EOC.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I wanted to go with an IFAK on the belt but it’s just too large. I carry a TQ on the front of my holster, gloves everywhere and chest seals in my vest. I have a full IFAK that hangs on the cage divider with more chest seals, TQ, gauze etc.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Blue force gear nano pouch and sleeve. I carry it at the 4 behind my pistol. Just being enough for a 4x4 ETB, chest seal, combat gauze, small roll of tape and a set of gloves
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Take a TCCC class and you'll about everything you'll need on your belt.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:51:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Can you wear an outer carrier? I currently have a North American Rescue ROO on my carrier. It really is low profile for what it contains. Sadly, I have heard other agencies' administrators say pouches like that look too "tactical". I'm sorry, but I don't care what I look like as long as I have an improved chance of staying alive. Dead and not tactical looking is not a better alternative.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mopseydocks6014:
Take a TCCC class and you'll about everything you'll need on your belt.
View Quote

I was an EMT-B in previous life. We also get trained on TQs by the dept.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By dawg69:
Can you wear an outer carrier? I currently have a North American Rescue ROO on my carrier. It really is low profile for what it contains. Sadly, I have heard other agencies' administrators say pouches like that look too "tactical". I'm sorry, but I don't care what I look like as long as I have an improved chance of staying alive. Dead and not tactical looking is not a better alternative.
View Quote

No outer carriers for us.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:42:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LifeSTAR] [#10]
For regular patrol use I run a CAT TQ in a kydex case on my belt and a pack of combat gauze and a chest seal in my uniform shirt pocket.  

I am also a firefighter/ EMT, a TCCC instructor, and have a small business teaching basic trauma medicine.

Those three items are generally what I recommend for a minimalist's kit to last until more help arrives in most situations. No bulk required.

ETA - I would strongly evaluate and practice your ability to quickly and effectively apply a SOF-T one handed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By LifeSTAR:
For regular patrol use I run a CAT TQ in a kydex case on my belt and a pack of combat gauze and a chest seal in my uniform shirt pocket.  

I am also a firefighter/ EMT, a TCCC instructor, and have a small business teaching basic trauma medicine.

Those three items are generally what I recommend for a minimalist's kit to last until more help arrives in most situations. No bulk required.
View Quote

Thank you. I was thinking of a 4" olaes, a TQ, and 2 chest seals. What do you think?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Olaes are great dressings that are very versatile but they don’t pack very small. If you really want to carry a trauma pressure dressing on your person I’d look for a simple ace bandage style one that is “flat” packed. Care under fire and tactical field care interventions are supposed to be quick and basic until care can be transferred to higher level and more equipped personnel.

If we’re looking to have stuff available for buddy aid, I
Get wanting to have more stuff, but our primary focus is to stop whatever threat caused the injuries first. A good med kit close by is golden.

If we’re talking self aid, we need to be realistic about the injuries we expect to be able to self treat and our ability to do so with that injury. Psychologically and physiologically, you're not gonna be great wound packing or wrapping a pressure dressing, especially one handed. How much of your own back can you see/ reach to accurately apply a chest seal to, etc.

Critical comms to the people coming to help you are arguably as or more important than significant ongoing attempts at self aid.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By LifeSTAR:
Olaes are great dressings that are very versatile but they don’t pack very small. If you really want to carry a trauma pressure dressing on your person I’d look for a simple ace bandage style one that is “flat” packed. Care under fire and tactical field care interventions are supposed to be quick and basic until care can be transferred to higher level and more equipped personnel.

If we’re looking to have stuff available for buddy aid, I
Get wanting to have more stuff, but our primary focus is to stop whatever threat caused the injuries first. A good med kit close by is golden.

If we’re talking self aid, we need to be realistic about the injuries we expect to be able to self treat and our ability to do so with that injury. Psychologically and physiologically, you're not gonna be great wound packing or wrapping a pressure dressing, especially one handed. How much of your own back can you see/ reach to accurately apply a chest seal to, etc.

Critical comms to the people coming to help you are arguably as or more important than significant ongoing attempts at self aid.
View Quote

Thank you. This is very helpful. You are correct in your assessment, and I'm taking your advice.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:17:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AndBen] [#14]
This is what I carry, small of my back, on the belt...pouch, plus a self built med kit. Low pro...I carry a TQ on my belt as well.

https://store.itstactical.com/products/edc-slimline-pouch

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:04:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By AndBen:
This is what I carry, small of my back, on the belt...pouch, plus a self built med kit. Low pro...I carry a TQ on my belt as well.

https://store.itstactical.com/products/edc-slimline-pouch

View Quote

Nice pouch, and the price is right! What's in your self-built med kit?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top