BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Alacrity:

Man when this crop of good alignment guys go we are fucked. I'm hardly exaggerating.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alacrity:
Originally Posted By m1awolf:
Originally Posted By artburg:
Originally Posted By m1awolf:
As an Alignment Tech this is pretty exciting news. The thought of "active alignments" has crossed my mind before wondering when manufacturers would figure it out. Being able to adjust alignment angles on the fly will revolutionize the driving experience.

As an alignment tech myself this would make our job absolete. Cars that keep themselves in optimal alignment??...

I am just a few years from retirement so not worried...

Man when this crop of good alignment guys go we are fucked. I'm hardly exaggerating.

The trick is to find ones that race.

My alignment guy owns the shop, races spec Miata's, and usually only gets up to touch other race cars.

He makes the techs do all the "boring stuff".
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#2]
My vision for this is individual servos that control the alignment angles based on input from sensors that can "see the road".  LIDAR comes to mind (MVIS) and can change alignment angles dynamically to suit the changes in road angles.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Kanati:
The trick is to find ones that race.

My alignment guy owns the shop, races spec Miata's, and usually only gets up to touch other race cars.

He makes the techs do all the "boring stuff".
View Quote

My man

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#4]
It will eventually make its way into a lot of dailyl driver cars because it saves 0.01 mpg and people will wonder why cars got more expensive.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:46:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 545days] [#5]
My car had a dynamically changing suspension geometry, but it turned out to be work out bushings.

It was definitely dynamic, but control?  Not so much.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top