User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2024 11:38:14 PM EDT
https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/s/JvZLd0hfQ0

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:49:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:48:17 AM EDT
[#2]
At the start the object is moving right to left showing us it's left side, we see a red light and a blinking white light. Although the white light seems a bit fast, I think it's in accordance with 14 CFR.

At 2:00 the mess with the camera setting a bit and I sorta see an outline of the craft for a second, but it's not enough to really make an identification.

Whatever it is, whoever they are and whatever they are doing they appear to be obeying the law.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 3:45:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Herc:
At the start the object is moving right to left showing us it's left side, we see a red light and a blinking white light. Although the white light seems a bit fast, I think it's in accordance with 14 CFR.

At 2:00 the mess with the camera setting a bit and I sorta see an outline of the craft for a second, but it's not enough to really make an identification.

Whatever it is, whoever they are and whatever they are doing they appear to be obeying the law.
View Quote

It could also be replication of what they've observed in our craft.

Although, most reports indicate intelligence beyond "monkey see, monkey do" so it does seem implausible.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#4]
That’s a blurry airplane.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:21:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#5]
Warning - Flashing Image.  Edited by brass

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#6]
That is obviously a drone. Most likely a home or foreign build.

If it was an adversary it wouldn’t have an anti collision light or any lights on.

It is a stupid private operator, nothing more.

It does highlight defensive weaknesses.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:00:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 2:42:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#8]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#9]
So, I live pretty darn close to Newport News. I go out on my deck at night for a cigarette, every night. I probably do this several times between 10PM and 1AM. I live on a small lake so houses that face us across the lake are probably 150 yards away. No trees in my view. There is nothing to do but look at the sky while I am out there. Being a pilot, I try to notice any activity going on, just for fun. This thread and the report mentioned above reminded me of several nights back in December. One thing I do is I try to guess an aircraft's heading while it flies overhead, guessing it's destination. Several things I noticed over several days, was a single aircraft that appeared to me to be flying a zig-zag pattern. On a general heading, but angling off to the left and then off to the right, etc. I thought that was weird. The craft had blinking lights, but the timing of the lights was off. Seemed too fast. I thought to myself, you're just seeing things, you're getting old and your eyes are deceiving you.

I saw this over several nights back then. I don't recall the dates. I thought they were possibly drones, but they seemed too high, and they would have been over Oceana NAS, which is a big problem.

Something else I saw possibly back before Thanksgiving. What I saw was very high in the sky. It was one object when I first saw it, but later there were 10 or so others that grew (kinda dropped) out of it and flew in series fairly close behind the first. All were lighted, white, but not blinking. I thought this odd, but convinced myself that it was Elon Musk's satellites deploying, or something similar.

That's all I got. I forgot all about this. I remember going to bed shortly afterwards a bit inquisitive and cautiously troubled.

Skies were clear, unlimited.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:41:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#10]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:12:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#11]
I live next to a small airport and see this fairly often. They’re survey drones and they move all crazy like this constantly. I first saw them at night with no idea what they were. In daytime it’s obvious once you know they’re up there.

They survey the runway before and after take offs and landings. They also get better eyes on incoming aircraft. They give approach data which makes them zip around in fast weird patterns like this. Guessing it might even be automated/programmed.

My dog freaks out when they’re out and he sees them. I’ll try and get video some day but it looks the exact same as this.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:28:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#12]
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:12:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top