User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hate getting sucked into GD drivel.  

If his car loan was current then it was not a repo, it was theft, and dead guy was not breaking the law.  

If his car loan was not current then the repoman and police violated written policies which led to the guy getting killed.  Just like if you drive drunk and kill somebody, it's your fault for breaking the rules.

The whole point everybody misses is that there was a better way to do it, but varying amounts of stubbornness on all parties resulted in a guy dying, a little girl growing up knowing the cops killed her dad, a cop being charged with murder, a bunch of cops fired and can never work as a cop again, the city out tons of money, and so many more things.  All because the cops wouldn't just park a patrol car with flashing lights in front of the house.  

No matter how you cut it the cops were wrong.  Whether or not dead guy was wrong has no bearing on how wrong the cops and repoman were.

View Quote

This. Cops fucked up.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

This. Cops fucked up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate getting sucked into GD drivel.  

If his car loan was current then it was not a repo, it was theft, and dead guy was not breaking the law.  

If his car loan was not current then the repoman and police violated written policies which led to the guy getting killed.  Just like if you drive drunk and kill somebody, it's your fault for breaking the rules.

The whole point everybody misses is that there was a better way to do it, but varying amounts of stubbornness on all parties resulted in a guy dying, a little girl growing up knowing the cops killed her dad, a cop being charged with murder, a bunch of cops fired and can never work as a cop again, the city out tons of money, and so many more things.  All because the cops wouldn't just park a patrol car with flashing lights in front of the house.  

No matter how you cut it the cops were wrong.  Whether or not dead guy was wrong has no bearing on how wrong the cops and repoman were.

This. Cops fucked up.

Yeah, this is a good point. Either way they screwed up. The only unknown is if the dead guy screwed up too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Did he commit assault, or was it alleged he committed assault?

Seems like it was alleged, and they should have investigated the claim by knocking on the door and talking to him...
View Quote

This is the question I have. Through the years, I have personally known several guys that did repos, including my cousin, and they were all scumbags. Also, did the police ever verify that the repo order was legit before setting up the ambush?

Why is the word of a shithead repo guy gold? Maybe the guy pulled the gun from his back pocket and pointed it at repo boy only after he threatened,  physically advanced and shoved him.

I know listening to repo boys brag about the shit they did when repoing cars was interesting.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah, this is a good point. Either way they screwed up. The only unknown is if the dead guy screwed up too.
View Quote

I'd say he did.  He came busting out of his house with a gun and was ambushed.  It doesn't matter whether the repo was legit or not, he screwed up.  

Either way, the State has a duty to not screw up and end someone's life.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Seems like a phone call to Perkins from either the officers or even a dispatcher could have gone a long way in preventing this...  

Or at least establishing mindset, etc - to put together a plan of action in reference to the brandishing investigation.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Seems like it was alleged, and they should have investigated the claim by knocking on the door and talking to him...
View Quote

I don't know police procedures, and I guess that could be an option.  I worked at a majority black hospital in an majority black city for several years, and I can tell you, there is no "talking to him".  He's going to come to the door with that pistol, getting loud and acting a fool.  Like he did in their presence.  He would end with his death any way it began.

My bet is the ossifers felt that if the accusation was true, the guy would do it again, so they didn't announce their presence and were going to let him come out on his own, and then take him into custody.  That would seem like the easiest way to do it.  I bet they didn't think he would come out like he did acting as fast as he did, so fast that their only option was to shoot him.  

Perkins ran out fast and started pointing his pistol, why didn't he come out and engage in a calm conversation with the repo man, and explain to the repo man that the bill had been paid?  Because he wasn't a rational person.  

The dept and DA had to fire and charge or their city would be burned down.  Democrats learned the value of having a criminally inclined voting block that goes straight to violence.  The white sheets and hoods of the Democrat KKK have been replaced by gang colors, pants sagging below the butt, and Bird Man Nite Sites.

At that hospital where I worked, I encountered a black man in an area where visitors are usually lost, and he had that look on his face.  It happened a dozen times a week.  So I said "sir, may I help you find something".  "You trying to get rid of me?"  No sir, usually when visitors are here, there are lost".  "So I can't stand here because I'm black?"  "Sir, you are welcome to stand there all day long if you like, have a pleasant evening".  So I am waiting on an elevator and he says, "I'm looking fo da second flo". I told him someone will be there shortly to help him find his way.  I realized that what I said initially sounded like something a cop might say when he was going car to car looking into the cars in a parking lot.  I stopped offering assistance to blacks.  From then on, they had to ask.  If someone in management or HR had walked up, he would have accused me of racism, and they would have believed him.  

They aren't a rational people, and seem quick to rage.  If you've been paying attention to what has been happening in our society, you should know that.  You should also know they don't follow "officer commands", and that blue lights and a badge don't de-escalate, they put gas on the fire.  And there have been a lot of cops being attacked and killed.  That situation wasn't likely to end well for Perkins.

What went through the ossifers minds?  I don't know.  But personal experience and what I've seen in you tube videos tells me members of the black community don't often "talk" about anything in a situation like that.  For the most part, they are very poorly educated and don't understand things have to work through the system.  They think it happens on the side of the road.

With regard to the repo:  my bet is that if he wasn't behind on payments, he had been and was in the collections process.  Perhaps they had been calling him and he suspected it was coming.  If the process got started, and he made a payment, the process may have been ongoing and wasn't stopped in time.  Or, maybe not.  Again, it has to work through the system.  They repo cars at night to try to avoid that kind of mess, and if doing it in the day the car might be at work in a secure lot with a guard, or just about anywhere.  It would take the repo man a lot longer to find and grab the car.

I'm sure you'll wonder why the repo man didn't knock on the door and show the guy the paperwork, and explain that he has to take the truck.  They don't do it like that for a reason you won't likely understand.

I don't think the world is worse off with Perkins in the ground.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Is there a rash of repro trucks with flashing light stealing cars?
View Quote

I had a young brutha tell me he had a Cadillac truck and once parked in a Wal Mart parking lot in Florida.  Thieves had a repo type apparatus on their truck, pulled up, identified his vehicle, backed in to put the lift part under the rear of the truck, lifted it, and were gone in less than 2 minutes.  Cops showed him the video.

So, yes, there is.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Was the repo legal and the repo guy on within his rights to be on the property?

If no, then this could accurately be described as an ambush with the repo guy at fault.

If yes, then he was it seems he was committing aggravated assault at the time of contact and it's a good shoot.

I don't really give af about "department policy", and the idea that you have to give commands, sacrifice a chicken and spin around 3 times chanting "no whammy, no whammy, no whammy" or whatever ridiculous bullshit is just that.  If someone is illegally and believably threatening your life or someone else's they need a bullet immediately and the longer you delay the more lives are at risk.  By the same token some idiots out there routinely using firearms as control devices is also retarded and probably illegal, regardless of what their sacred policy states.

Practically speaking in this situation a report should have been filed for the previous agg assault claim and the cops could have looked into it in the morning.  Laying in wait to support a bank/dealership/repoman/whoever in the middle of the night for a civil matter is retarded and contrary any type of reasonable activity "public safety" officers should be doing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Illegal repo - theft.  In TX it is legal to shoot someone stealing property at night time.
View Quote

Texas?  For some reason I was thinking this incident occurred in Alabama.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Texas?  For some reason I was thinking this incident occurred in Alabama.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's the second time lately someone here has expressed a belief that cops should park in front of a house with their lights on to arrest someone.

To be very, very blunt: that is not a tactic that ever gets use deliberately against an armed suspect. You do NOT park your cruiser directly in front of the suspect's house with the lights on.

Doing so is a great way to take gunfire, and is never, ever going to be performed by anyone who isn't a moron, except by accident. We use lights and cruisers to do a felony stop on a moving vehicle. Because there's no other choice, tactically speaking. And an armed, barricaded subject call is typically going to be a SWAT callout in most places.
View Quote

I didn’t say they’d be in front of the house. That would be stupid.

But they came back to assist the repo instead of enforce the law, and they did it at night. Dumb.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Why do you need to lie to reinforce your opinion?  As pointed out before, Perkins committed assault with a deadly weapon against the repo man, and the repo man filed a complaint.  They were there for that felony complaint.

Why must you lie?
View Quote

No, it’s clear that they were there to assist the repo. That’s why they brought the repo man.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The actual loan status and no info about charges/lawsuits towards repoman/bank have been in the local news, only the cop firings and charges.  

At least one article describing how the repoman/bank may have broken the law and could be held civilly liable for the death even if the loan was past due enough to allow reposession:
https://whnt.com/news/decatur/stephen-perkins/decatur-attorney-explains-fine-print-of-alabamas-repossession-law-and-its-effect-on-civil-liability/

“The section does not authorize a secured party, which would be the finance company or whoever’s doing the repossession without a court order to utilize the assistance of a law enforcement officer,” Cole said.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

He was as good as dead when he pointed the gun the first time.  People like to second guess, but a stupid and violent guy like that isn't going to back down for blue lights and a badge.  He probably wouldn't respect LE authority, and wouldn't follow their "lawful commands" anyway.  If they had gone to the door and interacted with Perkins, he was going to be dead, one way or the other.  

Time and again we see videos of fools interacting with cops and how it ends, but yet, it never changes and they never learn.  They always think it will end different with them.
View Quote

You mean like this incident?

https://www.police1.com/legal/judge-dismisses-murder-charges-ex-houston-officer-had-faced-over-2019-drug-raid
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

All been covered here before:

Dead guy's family says the car was paid up.  
Difference is if the bank or repoman made a mistake they might share some liability.

Repo is a civil matter and cops aren't supposed to help.  Since they can't "help" they parked their cars around the corner and laid in wait (hidden from view) for the guy rather than simply park a patrol car in front of the house with the lights on so he knew cops were there.

If he pointed the gun at the repoman the actual shooting might be justified, but the cops should not have never been there in the first place.  
Repo man was chased off earlier in the night by the guy and he should not have returned.  

View Quote

Depends on policy. If it’s a call for service they may have to show up, even if it's a bullshit civil call.

The fuck up is on the dead guy. He turned a civil matter into a criminal one.

As Dave Chappelle used to say, "when keeping it real goes wrong ".
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A 2 second Google showed me exactly that...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/227817/Screenshot_20240328_135134_Google_jpg-3171876.JPG

I have a relative with a couple of classic cars. He caught a tow truck driver on his property writing down VINs in the middle of the night. The arresting officer said it was probably so the driver could doctor some paperwork for when he came back later to grab one of the cars.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We told him that the NCStar weapon light was going to get him killed...

Jokes aside, the guy thought his truck was getting stolen, because "according to his family" it was paid up. I can understand coming out with a gun for that reason. I really don't think they gave him time to react, other than to swing the pistol at someone coming off the side of his house.  Shitty situation.

In my uneducated opinion, if cops are not allowed to help with repos, they should have done a knock and talk regarding his previous assault during the initial repo attempt. Dangerous? Sure, but no less than ambushing him in the dark, which it 100% was a planned ambush.

Yup, just happened to my neighbor.  Car never had a lien, he pays cash for his.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't know police procedures, and I guess that could be an option.  I worked at a majority black hospital in an majority black city for several years, and I can tell you, there is no "talking to him".  He's going to come to the door with that pistol, getting loud and acting a fool.  Like he did in their presence.  He would end with his death any way it began.

My bet is the ossifers felt that if the accusation was true, the guy would do it again, so they didn't announce their presence and were going to let him come out on his own, and then take him into custody.  That would seem like the easiest way to do it.  I bet they didn't think he would come out like he did acting as fast as he did, so fast that their only option was to shoot him.  

Perkins ran out fast and started pointing his pistol, why didn't he come out and engage in a calm conversation with the repo man, and explain to the repo man that the bill had been paid?  Because he wasn't a rational person.  

The dept and DA had to fire and charge or their city would be burned down.  Democrats learned the value of having a criminally inclined voting block that goes straight to violence.  The white sheets and hoods of the Democrat KKK have been replaced by gang colors, pants sagging below the butt, and Bird Man Nite Sites.

At that hospital where I worked, I encountered a black man in an area where visitors are usually lost, and he had that look on his face.  It happened a dozen times a week.  So I said "sir, may I help you find something".  "You trying to get rid of me?"  No sir, usually when visitors are here, there are lost".  "So I can't stand here because I'm black?"  "Sir, you are welcome to stand there all day long if you like, have a pleasant evening".  So I am waiting on an elevator and he says, "I'm looking fo da second flo". I told him someone will be there shortly to help him find his way.  I realized that what I said initially sounded like something a cop might say when he was going car to car looking into the cars in a parking lot.  I stopped offering assistance to blacks.  From then on, they had to ask.  If someone in management or HR had walked up, he would have accused me of racism, and they would have believed him.  

They aren't a rational people, and seem quick to rage.  If you've been paying attention to what has been happening in our society, you should know that.  You should also know they don't follow "officer commands", and that blue lights and a badge don't de-escalate, they put gas on the fire.  And there have been a lot of cops being attacked and killed.  That situation wasn't likely to end well for Perkins.

What went through the ossifers minds?  I don't know.  But personal experience and what I've seen in you tube videos tells me members of the black community don't often "talk" about anything in a situation like that.  For the most part, they are very poorly educated and don't understand things have to work through the system.  They think it happens on the side of the road.

With regard to the repo:  my bet is that if he wasn't behind on payments, he had been and was in the collections process.  Perhaps they had been calling him and he suspected it was coming.  If the process got started, and he made a payment, the process may have been ongoing and wasn't stopped in time.  Or, maybe not.  Again, it has to work through the system.  They repo cars at night to try to avoid that kind of mess, and if doing it in the day the car might be at work in a secure lot with a guard, or just about anywhere.  It would take the repo man a lot longer to find and grab the car.

I'm sure you'll wonder why the repo man didn't knock on the door and show the guy the paperwork, and explain that he has to take the truck.  They don't do it like that for a reason you won't likely understand.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow you sure do paint a dark picture of the guy and all other blacks.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Why do you need to lie to reinforce your opinion?  As pointed out before, Perkins committed assault with a deadly weapon against the repo man, and the repo man filed a complaint.  They were there for that felony complaint.
Why must you lie?
View Quote

did you watch the video and hear the tow truck driver request police escort to repo a truck?  Maybe you missed that part.  In the beginning of the recorded call the tow truck guy says he already called ted or john, or some guy he called by first name and told him about it.

Then the dispatch calls the officer on a recorded line and says she had a call and goes on to explain.  She also says the tow driver is requesting police assistance.

It is so obvious that the police were 100% in the wrong here.  This was a complex ambush complete with mag dump. This is not an attempted arrest.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The actual loan status and no info about charges/lawsuits towards repoman/bank have been in the local news, only the cop firings and charges.  

At least one article describing how the repoman/bank may have broken the law and could be held civilly liable for the death even if the loan was past due enough to allow reposession:
https://whnt.com/news/decatur/stephen-perkins/decatur-attorney-explains-fine-print-of-alabamas-repossession-law-and-its-effect-on-civil-liability/

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“The section does not authorize a secured party, which would be the finance company or whoever’s doing the repossession without a court order to utilize the assistance of a law enforcement officer,” Cole said.

Civilly liable seems like some bullshit.  He and/or his bosses need to be on the hook for manslaughter, or if they can actually prove (extremely unlikely) they didn't give af and fully intended to trespass on his property at night murder.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Depends on policy. If it’s a call for service they may have to show up, even if it's a bullshit civil call.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All been covered here before:

Dead guy's family says the car was paid up.  
Difference is if the bank or repoman made a mistake they might share some liability.

Repo is a civil matter and cops aren't supposed to help.  Since they can't "help" they parked their cars around the corner and laid in wait (hidden from view) for the guy rather than simply park a patrol car in front of the house with the lights on so he knew cops were there.

If he pointed the gun at the repoman the actual shooting might be justified, but the cops should not have never been there in the first place.  
Repo man was chased off earlier in the night by the guy and he should not have returned.  

Four officers fired and one charged with murder.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Civilly liable seems like some bullshit.  He and/or his bosses need to be on the hook for manslaughter, or if they can actually prove (extremely unlikely) they didn't give af and fully intended to trespass on his property at night murder.
View Quote

If the driver was stealing the car he can be charged with felony murder.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This place is full of people too lazy to read.  If you would read the threads you would see that:
It is against state law as well as the PD policy for the police to help with repo.  

Sure, go knock on the guy's door and investigate if he threatened repoman, that is the police's job.  
Their job is not to break their own rules and "help" with a repo by ambushing people and murdering them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:57:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like the "no duty to protect" thing should insulate the repo guy, et al.

The officers willingly chose to do everything they did.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Read the article again. A repossession with police help isn’t lawful.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't meaning the cops with et al, but the business repo guy worked for.

None of the repo side could force the cops to join in and(had it been an actual emergency) if the cops chose not to intervene they wouldn't be on the hook, so looks like the plan and it's execution is entirely the creation of the cops involved.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No, it’s clear that they were there to assist the repo. That’s why they brought the repo man.
View Quote

So yes, you have to lie to support your view.  

The video from the cops played the recording of the repo man making the ADW report to 911, and the ossifers were dispatched to do whatever they were dispatched to do.  It's not likely they knew it would happen like it did, albeit a positive outcome.  If they guy had just walked out and started mouthing, they could take him into custody.  But he ran out and started pointing the gun at the repo man.  ADW, ossifers in fear for their life and just wanted to go home safe.  Mag dump with a couple hits.  Dead perp.  

Their body cameras would record their conversations, so it will be easy to determine what they were up to.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The video from the cops played the recording of the repo man making the ADW report to 911, and the ossifers were dispatched to do whatever they were dispatched to do.  It's not likely they knew it would happen like it did, albeit a positive outcome.  If they guy had just walked out and started mouthing, they could take him into custody.  But he ran out and started pointing the gun at the repo man.  ADW, ossifers in fear for their life and just wanted to go home safe.  Mag dump with a couple hits.  Dead perp.  

Their body cameras would record their conversations, so it will be easy to determine what they were up to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet the officers tried to save him by laying hands on him, but their special healing powers from above were no match for the evil that burned in his heart as dark as 13 nights.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Experience my man.  I always hope they'll be different, but they don't.  There is something really wrong in the black community, and white folks can't be expected to understand or fix it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Experience my man.  I always hope they'll be different, but they don't.  There is something really wrong in the black community, and white folks can't be expected to understand or fix it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you one of the officers from the incident?  You sure do seem to know a lot of what everyone was thinking and anticipating.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This is the question I have. Through the years, I have personally known several guys that did repos, including my cousin, and they were all scumbags. Also, did the police ever verify that the repo order was legit before setting up the ambush?

Why is the word of a shithead repo guy gold? Maybe the guy pulled the gun from his back pocket and pointed it at repo boy only after he threatened,  physically advanced and shoved him.

I know listening to repo boys brag about the shit they did when repoing cars was interesting.

View Quote

A buddy knocked a tow truck driver out once.
The driver made the mistake of shoving a 6’4” dude built like an NFL linebacker.

My buddy got arrested, the driver , in court, admitted the shove, and that was that.
Dismissed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#32]
My opinion, officers fucked up.
What should have happened is the officers investigate the person suspected of pointing a firearm at someone.
That should have been done according to policy and that investigation should not involve the repo guy.

It looks like the officers used the repo guy to bait the vehicle owner.
I would fire all the officers involved.

That being said, we all know pointing a firearm at someone is justification to defend yourself until the threat is stopped.
I don't see any justification for the dead guy to point a firearm at anyone in this situation, his life wasn't in danger.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Four officers fired and one charged with murder.
View Quote

Beautiful it's the only way these cocksuckers will learn .
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I wasn't meaning the cops with et al, but the business repo guy worked for.

None of the repo side could force the cops to join in and(had it been an actual emergency) if the cops chose not to intervene they wouldn't be on the hook, so looks like the plan and it's execution is entirely the creation of the cops involved.
View Quote

Repo man used police assistance illegally so he’s going to have a problem.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt that your issue here is simply an IQ deficit and I shouldn’t take it personally.

Give me ONE good reason to take a repo truck driver into the yard to investigate an alleged ADW. Why would you do that?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:20:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Are you one of the officers from the incident?  You sure do seem to know a lot of what everyone was thinking and anticipating.
View Quote

On the advice of counsel, I prefer not to answer.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'd say he did.  He came busting out of his house with a gun and was ambushed.  It doesn't matter whether the repo was legit or not, he screwed up.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot here, would get pissed, if a repo guy kept coming by take a vehicle that may not have been in debt and would have displayed more threat by the end of the day.  Would anyone reasonably expect police to be hiding in the dark and then light him up when he upped his repo guy run off.  This is shameful.....those former police are murders and need the prison.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
"kind of milk chocolate colored"
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:40:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt that your issue here is simply an IQ deficit and I shouldn’t take it personally.

Give me ONE good reason to take a repo truck driver into the yard to investigate an alleged ADW. Why would you do that?
View Quote

I didn't listen to the ossifers camera footage, so this is my guess.

An armed and dangerous suspect who is alleged to have already committed a violent felony is inside a house.  Knocking on the door knowing someone like that is inside can't be fun, and may even be considered a highly dangerous situation.  What are the protocols of that particular dept., or any dept for that matter?  Considering the report of an armed violent felony, probably the first thing they are going to do is put him in cuffs.  That won't be easy with him in his home.  And, how many other armed violent criminals are there in that home?  They start taking him down, and Homie Jamal comes up shooting....  

Allowing the repo man to try again in their presence, not only tests his story, but if his story is true, the violent criminal will repeat his offense in front of the ossifers, and they get a felony arrest.  If he comes out unarmed and wants to have a calm conversation, he proves the repo man a liar, and the charges are bogus.  In that case, the situation gets resolved and everyone goes home safe, including Perkins.  

I don't know police procedures, but in the era of "Go home safe, no matter who has to die" and criminally inclined mobs on the streets chanting about killing cops, I suspect that knocking on the door of an armed and violent criminal isn't the best way of arresting him or even interviewing him.  SWAT stuff.  Go home safe.

I'm betting the cops thought they would have a chance to take him down.  Get him outside, subdue and disarm him, have a conversation.  I really doubt they expected him to run out there like he did and start threatening people, requiring immediate lethal action.  Which means they aren't racist, and expected better of him.  It's a crappy situation, but once again proves, if you lose your head and start acting like a fool brandishing a firearm, you can die.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted: Would anyone reasonably expect police to be hiding in the dark and then light him up when he upped his repo guy run off.  
View Quote

Well...... now I would.

I made the point in the WML thread that if you go outside pointing your weapon around to light things up, you might be lighting a cop who just chased a perp into your back yard.  It's really not that much of a stretch to expect police, especially considering he already threatened the repo man.  

Would anyone reasonably expect that the repo man would return and try again, without protection or backup?

And what happens when the repo man returns with a 12gauge shotgun, after having reported the original felony, and shoots him down like a dog when he first sees the pistol?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Well...... now I would.

I made the point in the WML thread that if you go outside pointing your weapon around to light things up, you might be lighting a cop who just chased a perp into your back yard.  It's really not that much of a stretch to expect police, especially considering he already threatened the repo man.  

Would anyone reasonably expect that the repo man would return and try again, without protection or backup?

And what happens when the repo man returns with a 12gauge shotgun, after having reported the original felony, and shoots him down like a dog when he first sees the pistol?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: Would anyone reasonably expect police to be hiding in the dark and then light him up when he upped his repo guy run off.  

Well...... now I would.

Wow you really have a hard on for the deceased.  

Gonna go with an above average chance you are one of the officers involved.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#42]
That explanation was all stupid. They aren’t going to risk the life of a repo guy to bait a guy into committing another felony. Plainly they went to seize the vehicle and protect the driver instead of investigating the reported crime. It was stupid and now they are fired and one is charged and my guess is the pay out on this one will be mid seven figures in the end.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nah he’s just a racist.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Nah he’s just a racist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah he’s just a racist.

No reason both can't be valid.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

It took that wall of text for you to work your way up to saying you're glad a black man is dead.

Bravo.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's the second time lately someone here has expressed a belief that cops should park in front of a house with their lights on to arrest someone.

To be very, very blunt: that is not a tactic that ever gets use deliberately against an armed suspect. You do NOT park your cruiser directly in front of the suspect's house with the lights on.

Doing so is a great way to take gunfire, and is never, ever going to be performed by anyone who isn't a moron, except by accident. We use lights and cruisers to do a felony stop on a moving vehicle. Because there's no other choice, tactically speaking. And an armed, barricaded subject call is typically going to be a SWAT callout in most places.
View Quote
Lol ok.

But SENDING A TOW TRUCK DRIVER IN AS A DECOY TO TAKE THAT FIRE IS A MUCH GOODER TACTICAL MOVE amirite?

Your entire fucking weak assed argument is undermined by the fact they hid and sent an already 'victimized' guy in to take that fire you worry about.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

There’s likely no court involvement in this repossession either way.
View Quote

Probably.  Just saying people that don't think paid off stuff gets taken would be incorrect.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Eh, stupid games stupid prizes.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well...... now I would.

He is just trolling, don’t take the bait.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Probably.  Just saying people that don't think paid off stuff gets taken would be incorrect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There’s likely no court involvement in this repossession either way.

Pretty sure lots of tow truck drivers work for chop shops.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top