Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2023 11:49:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Woodchuck1]
Looking to move (back) to the northeast, and wondering if anyone here has suggestions of companies to lease on with.  

Location:   I’m planning to land seacoast NH, but that is partially subject to getting work figured out.

Time out: I’m done being gone for weeks/months at a time.  Goal to be home weekly, not necessarily weekends though.   Would consider two weeks out, if necessary.  

Type of work:   Willing to do anything.   I’m in good physical shape and work doesn’t frighten me.  

Credentials: Class A,  Hazmat, tank, triples.   TWIC, Passport, MMC.  

I’ve been trying to get on with a company that hauls propane, but not sure they will need anyone at this point.  

Figured I’d post here and see if anyone has suggestions of companies to talk to and try to get something lined up.   Have a hard deadline for relocating of March 1st.  

Haven’t wanted to stay in the truck, but seem to be struggling to make any headway at all with getting into either LE or Merchant Marine industries, so trying to make the truck work regionally.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 2:13:41 AM EDT
[#1]
No suggestions but there is a crapload of money to be made in the Northeast, off every weekend. Find a regional company that doesn't go west of Chicago or south of Charlotte. Get a Bestpass if they don't give you one.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brawndo:
No suggestions but there is a crapload of money to be made in the Northeast, off every weekend. Find a regional company that doesn't go west of Chicago or south of Charlotte. Get a Bestpass if they don't give you one.
View Quote

@Brawndo

I haven’t found anything other than hauling propane and tar locally, and the company wouldn’t give me a real solid answer.  

Put an application in for an apartment today, so kind of have to figure it out pretty quickly.   My other option is go do some commercial fishing, or try to get on with a local PD - but the $ are a concern.   The prices of everything are quite high.    I’m absolutely baffled.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 9:45:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I hauled groceries in the Northeast when I was in PA. There's lots of trucking companies in the Harrisburg area that only service the Nottheast. I've seen JB Hunt offer $100k a year up there as a company driver. You're basically in Boston. It shouldn't be too hard.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#4]
how much experience?

Walmart is in Raymond N.H.
they as a company are always hiring.................
and you could check with shaws up in wells maine, they have a warehouse in metheun mass as well

was just over on the coast this past week
lots of bucket haulers running rt 101, lots of building going on in that area, and there is always trash haulers, sure it aint glamorous but its steady work
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CNYtrucker:
how much experience?

Walmart is in Raymond N.H.
they as a company are always hiring.................
and you could check with shaws up in wells maine, they have a warehouse in metheun mass as well

was just over on the coast this past week
lots of bucket haulers running rt 101, lots of building going on in that area, and there is always trash haulers, sure it aint glamorous but its steady work
View Quote

@CNYtrucker

Experience:   Former NYC local delivery driver, ended up working on the Garth Brooks Stadium tour.   Worked food service for a couple years after the tour.   Now on the household mover/trade show side of things.  
Walmart in Raymond isn’t currently hiring as of a couple days ago when I checked.  

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Bumping this in case anyone got any ideas recently.  

The companies I thought would be pretty workable solutions did not pan out as I had anticipated, so looking to see what else is out there.  

I’m interviewing for a couple positions, but highly doubt either of them will meet my salary needs.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top