Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2024 3:01:40 PM EDT
So I have been trying to fine tune my fitness regimen and want to incorporate the use of a slant board into the mix. Enter the seemingly countless variations! I debated just making one, but at present the TibBar Guy slant stack has my interest, as it seems to offer a lot more variety as far as exercise options with the included stack.  I was just hoping for some general insight from the group.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:41:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sitdwnandhngon] [#1]
Best not to over complicate it.

I use a 1x10 board leaned on a 6x6 block of wood.

I do them with bodyweight for high reps between sets of deadlifts.

I wouldn't want to do them weighted, not a very stable position for your feet.

Not to be a negative nancy or anything.....but I don't really see how a set up like this is anything more than complication for the sake of complication. If your rectus femoris needs more work, hit some sissy squats or leg extensions.

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:38:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I made this one out of scrap lumber. It isn't pretty, but it works. I've gone as high as 225 with it, but try to use it mainly for lower weights. It's usually body weight or goblet squats.

I think it's about a 15 degree angle.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's mine. I remembered to snap a picture today.

I use that block for random stuff like decline pushups and incline floor press, or whatever else it can be useful for.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top