Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2024 9:36:08 PM EDT
I've been using mainly modelers for years until I went to a Catalyst last year. Realized what I've been missing without unlimited effects of a modeler is EQ and Comp. I knew I wanted a comp with a blend knob and grabbed this one NIB off Reverb for $38 from a TX shop. Funny thing is none of the sites that sell it have any description of what the "mods" are. Will update once it arrives. All I have to lose is $38

Attachment Attached File

Odd there's only one YT review so maybe it's totally crap(?). Place your bets.

4 COMPRESSORES EM 1 | ROLLER COMPRESSOR MOSKY M SERIES

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 6:21:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Mosky has some supposedly decent bargain pedals.
I have a silver horse drive pedal of theirs, but have to admit I haven't gotten around to trying it as I have an overabundance of drive/Overdrive pedals.
For the money, you couldn't really go wrong.
It's not like you sprung for a JHS pedal, right?
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WhatsGnu:
Mosky has some supposedly decent bargain pedals.
I have a silver horse drive pedal of theirs, but have to admit I haven't gotten around to trying it as I have an overabundance of drive/Overdrive pedals.
For the money, you couldn't really go wrong.
It's not like you sprung for a JHS pedal, right?
View Quote

I'm not made of money, man!
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:01:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm too damned poor to gamble so I wont buy a pedal unless I can find full video reviews of them. For that reason I went with the tried and true Boss CS-3
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 2:48:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Goostoff:
I'm too damned poor to gamble so I wont buy a pedal unless I can find full video reviews of them. For that reason I went with the tried and true Boss CS-3
View Quote

I'm a Pedal Junkie and have WAY too many of them, and my Compressor of choice is still the CS-3.

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 9:54:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Okay serious question, why in the world would you use a compressor on a guitar?
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:08:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RickFinsta:
View Quote

To name a few....

The Smiths and similar tones
Chicken pickin'
Funk
Tightening up guitar signal for metal.

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I keep a Xotic SP Compressor pedal on, on my pedalboard, all the time.  It’s one of those pedals I bought because a guy at my church, who really knows what he’s doing, uses the same pedal.  I can’t really tell what it’s doing, or how, but I know I sound better with it on, so it just stays on.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Putting a Compressor on after a fuzz then feeding it into distortion/Overdrive pedal(s)...
If you happen to like the sound.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By WhatsGnu:
Putting a Compressor on after a fuzz then feeding it into distortion/Overdrive pedal(s)...
If you happen to like the sound.
View Quote

I gotta try that.  Now i need a Fuzz also for my hybrid rig
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Czechers:

I gotta try that.  Now i need a Fuzz also for my hybrid rig
View Quote

I have a LOT of fuzz pedals and my favorite is the discontinued Voodoo Lab Bosstone. It's been replaced by the Superfuzz.

Of course, I do own a few that I haven't even tried yet, so who knows if that will hold.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 1:42:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RickFinsta:
View Quote

If you suck like I do and cant pick consistently it will even out the tones. Mine is the first pedal in my chain and is always on. The only thing I adjust is the sustain depending on what I am playing if I need a little more.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I suppose using one pre-gain will hit the preamp more evenly if that is what you're going for.  I can't imagine wanting to hear a more compressed guitar sound, though (other than acoustic).  Electric guitar amps compress signal to hell and back already you'll lose all your dynamics for sure.

To each his own!
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Tube Screamer or Paul Gilbert OD ----->>>  Compressor gives a nice overdriven or distorted sound into the amp at 2am when I am bored, so I don't wake anyone up.

Link Posted: 2/12/2024 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Keeley....

His two knob and the newer 4 knob have been my go to for many years.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 9:45:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Czechers] [#15]
Pedal already arrived. Just had time to make sure it worked.  Nicely put together, quiet, no noticeable "pop" from the footswitch. The blend ctrl is nice.

ETA:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:17:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gone_Shootin] [#16]
How's that compressor working out?

I never could get a compressor to work without it sounding like it was jerking the volume up and down. I know it's me, because other people make them sound great
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 11:04:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Gone_Shootin:
How's that compressor working out?

I never could get a compressor to work without it sounding like it was jerking the volume up and down. I know it's me, because other people make them sound great
View Quote

It works really well for clean to semi-clean on all pickup types. The modes seem to change the range of the level circuit. I don't like it at all with anything higher gain. I've been messing around with the Morley Cliff Burton Fuzz Wah I got my son a few years ago and a little comp with very light fuzz is nice for blues tone with filtertrons and P90s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top