Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2024 5:25:04 PM EDT
Hello all, not sure if I'm in the right place too ask this question, but here goes...

I have a 2008 Ford F250 Super Duty XLT Crew Cab 4x4. The truck is sitting stock. I have new Bilstein 5100's (0-2") on the front & rear. I want a slight lift on it, something between 2" to 4". Not looking for an extreme lift. But, I also don't want to cheap out, & get some lift with some simple coil spring spacers set-up.

I'm not planning on doing any hardcore off-roading type stuff, but I would like too have some more ground clearance for better access to some backcountry areas around my AO, and I'm running some 35"s so, I need some more room.

I was looking at these two different options...

Icon Stage 1

Bilstein B8 5162 Leveling Kit.

I'm leaning towards the Icon lift kit. Around a $2,000.00 ish budget. What is the Off-Roading crews advise?

Thx all! Appreciate any opinions / input.

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:05:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jmo371] [#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Leveling kit. My brothers stock '07 F250 clears 35s with no rubbing even when flexed, and my '03 F350 will clear 35s leveled
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:33:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:37:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Backscatter:

+1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks for the replies & input.

Would love to go with this route.

I actually looked into this setup, but one thing that I failed to mention was that my $2G budget must include a shop installing it. I at the present time do not have the ability too install anything due to very little tools & my current living situation, and time.

Also I am an amateur mechanic at best, so I don't want to mess it up. I prob could do it, but I'd rather leave it to the pro's.

Anyway, the add-ons for the Carli setup was what steered me away from it, unless I would only need the rear blocks (extra $150)? If the blocks are the only add-on, then it's a strong possibility.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:44:23 AM EDT
[#5]
This is what it says in the info on the Carli setup;  "F250 blocks are not necessary if full progressive leaf springs are chosen above."  it confused me, but I'm assuming that if no Leaf spring packs are selected, then the rear blocks will be needed?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:22:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jmo371] [#6]
Originally Posted By Colonel_Strelnikov:
This is what it says in the info on the Carli setup;  "F250 blocks are not necessary if full progressive leaf springs are chosen above."  it confused me, but I'm assuming that if no Leaf spring packs are selected, then the rear blocks will be needed?
View Quote

Depends on what you want for stance...alot of guys run a leveling spacer up front and nothing out back....or run a slightly taller block.

I have a carli leveling height system in my 2022 Super Duty and a 4" block out back, it mimics the factory rake imo....all on 37s

Also neither of the kits you linked have an adjustable trac bar...or a relocation bracket, so your axle will be hanging out to the drivers side a bit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top