Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2023 12:40:57 AM EDT
So I currently have a Weber Spirit propane burner for quick grills and other stuff where I don't need to crack open charcoal or fire up the pellet. It's done well but I feel like moving to something better in the near future. My experiences have led me to want really two big things:

• The ability to accept GrillGrates

• A flattop

I know you can just place the grates on top of a flattop but that's not efficient, lots of heat loss and poor transfer.

I imagine the flattop might be the sticking point as that's a relatively new thing in the grill industry, so I can forgo it if necessary. You don't want to place pans or other heavy objects on top of the grates.

So, let me have 'em. Obviously the hotter burning the better.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 8:44:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Weber Genesis hands down.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 8:49:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: drfroglegs] [#2]
You can get a grill grate and a flat top for the Weber Spirit.

https://www.grillgrate.com/products/replacement-grillgrate-set-for-weber-spirit-300-series/

https://a.co/d/4Wfrrz3

If you're looking to upgrade, the Genesis is the easy answer.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I already have the grates for my Spirit, though I'd probably get a new set for whatever I get next.

I didn't know the Genesis and Spirit both had the option to throw a griddle down. That will work nicely. Thanks, folks. I'm still open to other suggestions that anyone might have.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hayashi_Killian:
I already have the grates for my Spirit, though I'd probably get a new set for whatever I get next.

I didn't know the Genesis and Spirit both had the option to throw a griddle down. That will work nicely. Thanks, folks. I'm still open to other suggestions that anyone might have.
View Quote

My local ace hardware has them for $199. There's currently a $20 off coupon in the app, so I think you can get it for $180 (assuming exclusions don't apply, but you know how that goes with ace).
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Sky is the limit,whats the budget?if i ever replace my genesis gold b I’ll probably buy a nepolean
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top