Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2024 2:06:24 PM EDT
Have the Rigid 12” sliding miter saw. Been a great saw over the past 8 years but having one helluva time keeping it squared-up.

On my last project, I noticed my 45s were off by about 1-2 degrees as were my 90s. Busted out the square/triangle and found the blade to be square at 90 and 45 degrees and I’m not sure what is happening.

I’ve read this saw has a problem with “blade flex” but would that wait to rare its head now?

Any recommendations would be awesome! Thank you all!
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:31:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nophun] [#1]
I've got a POS Kobalt on of of my jobsites, the angle latching mechanism had worked itself loose
causing inaccuracy.

Check for something like that, a part that is slightly loose or even worn.

Also, anywhere there are stops can get clogged up with enough schmutz to cause a bad angle.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:19:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 10" makita sliding compound miter saw.  It seems to be difficult to adjust.  1/4  turn on the zero stop - nothing, another 1/4 nothing, another quarter - way the fuck off.  Manual isn't much use - just says this screw is for adjusting the zero tilt stop, these 2 are for setting the 45's.  No procedures, not even turn this direction to move tilt this way.  Frustrating.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:08:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By matt58:

I’ve read this saw has a problem with “blade flex” but would that wait to rare its head now?

Any recommendations would be awesome! Thank you all!
View Quote

Adjust to the actual cut you just made instead of your still blade.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top