Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2021 1:13:49 AM EDT
So with my land full of Rattlesnakes I have been looking to get my wife and daughter snake boots.

The problem being no one has them in there size or has them at all! They are a size 6 to 6.5 female they don't care what they look like. Thanks.

We have done many web searches and could not find anything that fit there needs! Mostly cost is the issue wife does not want to pay $200+
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:40:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I would see if Crackshot has anything.  We sell their Sting Ray guards in my shop, and they are pretty nice.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:45:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brandi] [#2]
There are companies that offer snake boots in women's sizes out there.  I plan on buying a pair of Irish Setter Vapr-Trek sometime in the near future.  As for the price that's just the nature of the beast, they are going to be $200 or higher.  The way I look at is even if you have awesome insurance a single venomous snakebite is going to cost you a fortune in hospital fees.  If you require antivenin the cost goes up exponentially.  A single vial of CroFab cost over $3,000 and the victim often requires multiple vials.  Then add all the additional costs and you are well over $100,000.

$200 is a tiny price to pay in comparison.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:51:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brandi:
There are companies that offer snake boots in women's sizes out there.  I plan on buying a pair of Irish Setter Vapr-Trek sometime in the near future.  As for the price that's just the nature of the beast, they are going to be $200 or higher.  The way I look at is even if you have awesome insurance a single venomous snakebite is going to cost you a fortune in hospital fees.  If you require antivenin the cost goes up exponentially.  A single vial of CroFab cost over $3,000 and the victim often requires multiple vials.  Then add all the additional costs and you are well over $100,000.

$200 is a tiny price to pay in comparison.
View Quote

Agree! Yet having to spend $300+ for something I can get for men less the $100 is a joke!

Other problem is that most are WP and in Southwest Texas that just makes you hotter and is not needed.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 12:22:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brandi] [#4]
@tayous1

You can opt for gaiters but there's always the chance you get tagged in an area not protected.  The Irish Setter Vaprtrek are the same price for women's size as men's.  Easy to find them for $200.

The whole reason I chose the Vaprtrek is because the reviews said they were the most comfortable and not as hot as other brands.

Size 6 for sale right now on Amazon for $175.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top