BCM
User Panel

Page / 397
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By GR8TWYT:

Originally Posted By SandyShoes08:
Originally Posted By 230grains:
How long do BBers use steroids? Like honest to God, posing in man thong BBers? Year round. Year round steroids, year round insulin and year round HGH. It would be hard to recover from a cycle like that, lots of HCG and clomid i'd imagine and their estrogen levels would be going nuts. End up with a nasty case of gynocomastia.

If your doctor mentioned HRT, it's not an awful idea.  I'd rather a slow release testosterone ester via an IM injection rather than put on a patch every day. One shot a week, no big deal.

You don't want to know where Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) comes from BTW. I will say that if you're taking it, and as a male, take a pregnancy test, it will come out positive.

I believe you are mistaken.  Steroid users cycle their juice, even the body builders.

Cycle dosages maybe - those boys wouldn't be able to get out of bed without some type of test supplementation after the monster doses of drugs they use for contest prep.

BTW - make sure you keep your androgel pumps clean.  I had some gel dry up in the end of the pump (like silicone) and as I looked to my upper arm and depressed the pump, a stream of androgel shot into my right eye.  It was like napalm!!!  Took 2 days for the whites of my eye to be white again!

They typically do 12 week steroid cycles followed by a four week PCT.  They stay off the juice for at least 12-16 weeks before repeating with another cycle.

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 9:01:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll follow up with my stuff:

Went to the doc on 5/4 to check me out.  He told me there was no way that a 30 year old would have low T, but I asked him to check anyways.  It came back at 280.  He prescribed me androgel, but that stuff is a PITA to put on every day, and I'm afraid of letting my wife touch anywhere near where I put it on, and wash my hands immediately and have a single towel for me to dry them on to make sure she doesn't get any on her.

The upside is that I feel a TON better.  I haven't had any negative side effects.  I am going on 6/4 for more labwork, and possibly ask about the shots.  I hate needles but seriously, once a week shot can't be that bad.  

And now for the Insurance part.  Androgel is a tier 3 drug, meaning very-non preferred on my plan.  Test E or Test cyp are both considered generics and thus my copay would be 10 bucks a month instead of 75.  hopefully the shot won't suck, and he'd be willing to let me try it.  will update further later-
Link Posted: 5/27/2009 12:22:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:

Went to the doc on 5/4 to check me out.  He told me there was no way that a 30 year old would have low T, but I asked him to check anyways.  It came back at 280.  He prescribed me androgel, but that stuff is a PITA to put on every day, and I'm afraid of letting my wife touch anywhere near where I put it on, and wash my hands immediately and have a single towel for me to dry them on to make sure she doesn't get any on her.

The upside is that I feel a TON better.  I haven't had any negative side effects.  I am going on 6/4 for more labwork, and possibly ask about the shots.  I hate needles but seriously, once a week shot can't be that bad.  

And now for the Insurance part.  Androgel is a tier 3 drug, meaning very-non preferred on my plan.  Test E or Test cyp are both considered generics and thus my copay would be 10 bucks a month instead of 75.  hopefully the shot won't suck, and he'd be willing to let me try it.  will update further later-

Shots are cheap and easy.  it is a long needle into the butt muscle.  I have my GF do it.  small bite going in, then nothing and I don't know when it is pulled out.   Cost me $75 for like 10  shots to use one every 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2009 12:29:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Did he tell you what the cut off is. My doc says that 330 and up is "normal" and 250 is considered low. He didn't give me a number but said I was over 330. I think I'm probably close to that mark. No prescription for me. I was surprised because the fertility doc told me I was pretty low a couple years back. I thgought for sure I could get a prescription.
Link Posted: 5/27/2009 12:31:44 AM EDT
[#5]
HGH! POWER BARS! MUSCLEMILK!
Link Posted: 5/27/2009 12:35:13 AM EDT
[#6]
we already covered musclemilk and stuff.  where or what does hgh do?
Link Posted: 5/27/2009 7:11:45 AM EDT
[#7]
He said "normal" was anywhere from 240-800, and that I was 41 points away from the low end.  I have felt such a complete change in my overall mood it's unreal.  I would suggest to your doc that you've read online that low T levels are what you are showing symptoms for, and at least have him let you try to get them higher.  If he won't, you can find someone that will.  I honestly don't know why psychiatrists don't order test to check T levels in men with depression.  i would be the correlation of low t and depression is higher than serotonin and other chemicals and depression. anywhoo... i go this week and will post one month followup weigh in, t levels and other various fun dr. stuff.
Link Posted: 5/27/2009 7:12:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JA_Magnum:

Did he tell you what the cut off is. My doc says that 330 and up is "normal" and 250 is considered low. He didn't give me a number but said I was over 330. I think I'm probably close to that mark. No prescription for me. I was surprised because the fertility doc told me I was pretty low a couple years back. I thgought for sure I could get a prescription.

get your number, get your vitamin D checked out too.
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 9:34:41 AM EDT
[#9]
This thread got me wondering, so I had mine checked (I'm 43yo). Low end of normal is 240, mine is 186. So it's low. I've got an appointment this afternoon with my MD. I already told him that I wanted to pursue hormone replacement therapy if it was low. I don't feel like fucking with the patches so I'm gonna see if he'll do the Test Cypionate injections. My wife is an RN so she can administer the doses.

I'll holler back when I find out more. I do cardio 5x a week and lift weights 5x a week––-shit's gettin' hard to maintain. Hopefully this will help........
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 9:57:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By clement:
Don't jerk off so much.

Someone had to do it.

I would think a couple of DIY orgasm's would force your body to produce more testoterone to replace what you are, "handing out".  At least I hope so since that's my testosterone building therapy!!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 10:03:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
Originally Posted By Milewsky80:
Grow some balls

actually my balls are huge.  they are apparently just lazy.

Bet you don' thave that problem next year...

TXL

Link Posted: 5/29/2009 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Where are most of you getting the tests done, your regular doc or a urologist or what? I don't really have a regular doc per se, when I am sick I just visit the doc in a box on the corner.
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By bowhuntr09:
Where are most of you getting the tests done, your regular doc or a urologist or what? I don't really have a regular doc per se, when I am sick I just visit the doc in a box on the corner.

Your regular doc can order the test. I had my urologist order the test.

For all the guys saying you just need to work out more, you have no idea.  Very low T sucks the life right out of you. No motivation, zero energy. It's not a mindset thing. Also, low T inhibits your ability to recover from exercise so even if you did manage to start working out, you'd probably feel so shitty afterwards that you'd stop.

Link Posted: 5/29/2009 6:15:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ABNAK] [#14]
WoooHooo!!!  

Saw the doc today, he was cool with the Testosterone Cypionate injections. I had my speil all prepared. He had brought in a bag of the Androgel samples but I asked him for the injectable. 1cc of the 200mg stuff every other week. He faxed it to the pharmacy. Just had my wife (an RN) give me my first shot about 5 minutes ago!

Hey, I'll be 29yo again in a few weeks!
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CCW:
Originally Posted By GarandM1:
Originally Posted By Jacketch:
Originally Posted By zeekh:
Doesn't taking Testosterone increase your chance of getting testicular cancer?

No.

Low testosterone increases risk of early death, cardiovascular disease and prostate cancer

Depends.

If your levels are low, then taking testosterone supplements will help solve the problem.

If your levels are normal, then taking testosterone supplements can have serious side effects.

Hate to see BS info getting spread to a bunch of desperate men.  From the same WebMD source:

http://www.webmd.com/video/prostate-cancer-treatment-implant

Obviously testosterone feeds prostate cancer cells.  Absense of testosterone starves prostate cancer cells.

See your endocrinologist and/or urologist.

You guys realize you're talking about 2 different types of cancer, prostate vs. testicular?
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't think this is andropause since I'm only 38.  Andropause is usually late 40's -50's.  They think this is from concussions I received while I was playing football that may have damaged my pituitary.

I am wondering if it might have something to do with

1) I work in a dark windowless office, so I literally only see light an hour a day or so
or

2) i frequently have a laptop in my lap,  last night I stood up and my balls were hot. I may be cooking the poor guys.

either way what Gr8Wyt talked about a couple posts up is EXACTLY right.  Muscle mass fading,  ability to get into shape gone. I've been running a few times a week for months. usually after two weeks I can go 4 miles. I'm stuck at mile and a half now. cannot run farther without almost dying it feels like

he nailed it.  I am investigating the gel and have an appointment to try the shot as well to see how bad it hurts.  I've heard it's painful.

I worked in a place like that for a while and that was a beating.  It got worse when I moved to IL and didn't see sun for days due to the short days, no windows, snow etc.  IIRC vitamin D is generated by exposure to sunlight, specifically ultraviolet radiation.  I would try spending some time outdoors, it would certainly help your mood at least.  I remember telling my manager I was leaving at 12PM on a Friday because I hadn't seen sunlight in a few weeks.  I sat on the deck drinking beer and felt like a king the next day.  I was 23 at the time, I couldn't imagine what that would be like now at 36.

I know everyone says sun exposure is bad but everything in moderation is my take on it.  I'm not saying this will fix the low Test, but it might help your mood, it certainly did mine.  I know you can supplement Vitamin D, but personally I think a little time in the sun is just one of those things people need.  

The laptop on the boys is a bad idea, studies have shown excessive heat can reduce sperm production.  Buy one of the laptop desks, $20.  Anything that lowers spem count can't be good for you.  

Laptops and Sperm count

Link Posted: 5/30/2009 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MrMojoRising:

I had some gel dry up in the end of the pump (like silicone) and as I looked to my upper arm and depressed the pump, a stream of androgel shot into my right eye.  It was like napalm!!!  Took 2 days for the whites of my eye to be white again![/span]

"So there I was....a huge load of male hormone in my eye...."

Actually wouldn't that be pregnant female urine?
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ABNAK:
WoooHooo!!!  

Saw the doc today, he was cool with the Testosterone Cypionate injections. I had my speil all prepared. He had brought in a bag of the Androgel samples but I asked him for the injectable. 1cc of the 200mg stuff every other week. He faxed it to the pharmacy. Just had my wife (an RN) give me my first shot about 5 minutes ago!

how did the shots feel?  i'm going in tuesday for a one month checkup, and this androgel is terrible to apply every day.
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#19]
WoooHooo!!!  

Do your own shots, it's better that way. IMO you're better off with 100mg/.5cc every week, keeps blood levels a little more stable.
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Anybody thats had the shots. How did it make you feel???

My T level is around 165

Link Posted: 5/31/2009 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#21]
WoooHooo!!!  

how did the shots feel?  i'm going in tuesday for a one month checkup, and this androgel is terrible to apply every day.

Like any other shot. The upper/outer quadrant of your ass isn't overly innervated so while it does pinch it's not killer. The Test itself is pretty thick so just push it in slower than you would a less viscous solution.

Link Posted: 5/31/2009 3:35:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ABNAK] [#22]
WoooHooo!!!  

Do your own shots, it's better that way. IMO you're better off with 100mg/.5cc every week, keeps blood levels a little more stable.

I thought about 0.5cc every week as opposed to 1cc every other week. I guess it would work out the same but just be more "steady" like you're saying.

The bottle is a 10cc one so at 1cc every other week it'll last 5 months. I have 2 refills for it so I have 15 months of it pending.
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#23]
WoooHooo!!!  

Like any other shot. The upper/outer quadrant of your ass isn't overly innervated so while it does pinch it's not killer. The Test itself is pretty thick so just push it in slower than you would a less viscous solution.

wonder if it could be mixed with sterile water to thin it out a bit and make it easier to inject?  I have been using insulin needles to put the HCG in and those aren't bad but I don't want to use bigger ones.  ouch.

Link Posted: 5/31/2009 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#24]
WoooHooo!!!  

wonder if it could be mixed with sterile water to thin it out a bit and make it easier to inject?  I have been using insulin needles to put the HCG in and those aren't bad but I don't want to use bigger ones.  ouch.

It's oil based, sterile oil would be used to dillute it. Don't think you're be going to be using slin pins to inject an oil based test . Massage the area after injection.
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 3:50:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Also consider your quadriceps as an injection spot to rotate in. After a while you're going to develop scar tissue and the needle going in is going to get harder and harder to enter. Don't forget to aspirate, you do not want to inject an oil base into a vein, it's not going to be fun for you.
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#26]
WoooHooo!!!  

I thought about 0.5cc every week as opposed to 1cc every other week. I guess it would work out the same but just be more "steady" like you're saying.

The bottle is a 10cc one so at 1cc every other week it'll last 5 months. I have 2 refills for it so I have 15 months of it pending.

With the half life of test cyp you're much better off doing an injection once a week. Come the second week without an injection and your blood levels are dropping. Success using testosterone is reached when your blood levels are steady, not up and down.
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 3:55:51 PM EDT
[#27]
WoooHooo!!!  

With the half life of test cyp you're much better off doing an injection once a week. Come the second week without an injection and your blood levels are dropping. Success using testosterone is reached when your blood levels are steady, not up and down.

I think I may go that route. Like I said, I was contemplating it but thanks for the advice––-it helped me make my mind up!

Link Posted: 5/31/2009 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By FlyingIllini:

How long do BBers use steroids? Like honest to God, posing in man thong BBers? Year round. Year round steroids, year round insulin and year round HGH. It would be hard to recover from a cycle like that, lots of HCG and clomid i'd imagine and their estrogen levels would be going nuts. End up with a nasty case of gynocomastia.

If your doctor mentioned HRT, it's not an awful idea.  I'd rather a slow release testosterone ester via an IM injection rather than put on a patch every day. One shot a week, no big deal.

You don't want to know where Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) comes from BTW. I will say that if you're taking it, and as a male, take a pregnancy test, it will come out positive.

I believe you are mistaken.  Steroid users cycle their juice, even the body builders.

Cycle dosages maybe - those boys wouldn't be able to get out of bed without some type of test supplementation after the monster doses of drugs they use for contest prep.

BTW - make sure you keep your androgel pumps clean.  I had some gel dry up in the end of the pump (like silicone) and as I looked to my upper arm and depressed the pump, a stream of androgel shot into my right eye.  It was like napalm!!!  Took 2 days for the whites of my eye to be white again!

They typically do 12 week steroid cycles followed by a four week PCT.  They stay off the juice for at least 12-16 weeks before repeating with another cycle.

Meh 8 weeks is usually the norm...12 is kinda long, imo
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Pro body builders do not cycle their steroids, they're on at the very least a heavy dose of testosterone year round. Remember, there is no "off season" for them, they are either gaining weight or cutting down, both with the use of drugs.

You'll see stacks of Test Enanthate, with test suspension shots daily, oral steroid use during bulking phases like anadrol and cheque drops before going to the gym. Trenbolone cooked up from Fina pellets, winstrol, a little Deca added mainly for joint pain. Huge doses of HGH, mega doses of insulin post workout. When they're cutting down, look for test prop, anavar, halo, hgh etc..

A standard PCT for a normal guy using steroids to bulk up a little would involve some clomid, some nolvadex and maybe some HCG.
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 4:06:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By poink:

8 weeks is for pussies, especially when using stuff like test enanthate. You're finally seeing gains, and then poof! you're done.

For the record, I do not currently use any illegal anabolic substances, and if I did in the past it was with under the legal prescription of a MD.
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#31]

8 weeks is for pussies, especially when using stuff like test enanthate. You're finally seeing gains, and then poof! you're done.

For the record, I do not currently use any illegal anabolic substances, and if I did in the past it was with under the legal prescription of a MD.

Why is 8 weeks for pussies? Front-load your first three weeks with orals and you will get more than satisfactory gains.

I see no point in running a 12 week cycle if you are just a casual user and your multi-million dollar contract/profession does not depend on it.

At least that is what the research I did for a school paper told me about it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Once I get some insurance I think I'll approach a doctor about this. I'm 46 now, and feel like I'm 70 –– no energy, my muscle mass has disappeared especially in my arms. And since my divorce I've not even had the desire to get back out dating again. I just feel like I am just existing day to day.
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#33]

Dude, for the record, if you were using anything under the care and supervision of an MD, then it's (theoretically) not illegal.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#34]

Why is 8 weeks for pussies? Front-load your first three weeks with orals and you will get more than satisfactory gains.

I see no point in running a 12 week cycle if you are just a casual user and your multi-million dollar contract/profession does not depend on it.

At least that is what the research I did for a school paper told me about it.

I agree that hypothetically jump starting a cycle with orals is a good idea. I do know that coming off a 12 week cycle is just as easy as coming off an 8 week cycle if you know what you're doing and the gains are going to be greater. If someone were to take an 8 week cycle of test prop/tren it'd be one thing, but IMO if you're running a mass cycle and you're on things like test enanthate and other longer acting anabolics, you may as well take full advantage of time and go the extra mile.  If you happen to find a doctor who understands the need for performance enhancing drugs for sports.
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 2_of_5:
Once I get some insurance I think I'll approach a doctor about this. I'm 46 now, and feel like I'm 70 –– no energy, my muscle mass has disappeared especially in my arms. And since my divorce I've not even had the desire to get back out dating again. I just feel like I am just existing day to day.

my dr. told me that he wanted me to go on to a low dose antidepressant.  i told him no way that i would do that.  i swear... if anyone depressed would get their testosterone checked, i would bet my left nut (hey, it's not doing anything anyways) that their testosterone is low.  

just after ONE month of me being on replacements, I have felt better than I did when I was 18.  My need for any type of "low dose antidepressant" is nonexistant.  I can't wait to tell the dr. that.  it's THAT much of a difference.
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Don't know what your finances are like but my insurance didn't cover it and the one bottle of Test Cypionate (5 months worth) was $96. A little less than $20 a month averaged out.

Link Posted: 5/31/2009 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#37]

Don't know what your finances are like but my insurance didn't cover it and the one bottle of Test Cypionate (5 months worth) was $96. A little less than $20 a month averaged out.

one month of androgel is $299.  covered by my ins w/ a copay of $75.
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 4:33:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackRifle76] [#38]

my dr. told me that he wanted me to go on to a low dose antidepressant. i told him no way that i would do that. i swear... if anyone depressed would get their testosterone checked, i would bet my left nut (hey, it's not doing anything anyways) that their testosterone is low.

just after ONE month of me being on replacements, I have felt better than I did when I was 18. My need for any type of "low dose antidepressant" is nonexistant. I can't wait to tell the dr. that. it's THAT much of a difference.

My doctor knows I have low T, 165 and he put me on Zoloft. No testoterone therapy, although I did bring it up. He said he wants to see what the Zoloft does to my T level.

Nolo, how old are you and what was your T level before taking the replacement?

Link Posted: 5/31/2009 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By BlackRifle76:

my dr. told me that he wanted me to go on to a low dose antidepressant. i told him no way that i would do that. i swear... if anyone depressed would get their testosterone checked, i would bet my left nut (hey, it's not doing anything anyways) that their testosterone is low.

just after ONE month of me being on replacements, I have felt better than I did when I was 18. My need for any type of "low dose antidepressant" is nonexistant. I can't wait to tell the dr. that. it's THAT much of a difference.

My doctor knows I have low T, 165 and he put me on Zoloft. No testoterone therapy, although I did bring it up. He said he wants to see what the Zoloft does to my T level.

Obviously I'm not Nolo, but I'm 43 and my level was 186. I work out like a fiend so I can certainly tell "this old dog ain't what she used to be". Cardio 5x a week, weights 5x a week. I HOPE I will see an endurance/strength/stamina difference.

Why someone who wasn't physically active would supplement is beyond me. Might as well take advantage of what it can do for you.

Link Posted: 5/31/2009 4:47:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By BlackRifle76:

check your pm.

zoloft is not indicated for ANYTHING to do with Testosterone.  ask him if he's attempting something off-label.  why would he think that would raise it????
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 7:45:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Ahhh.. the much anticipated update (or at least for me).

Went back tuesday, and got the call yesterday afternoon re: test levels.

Mine went from 281 to 440 in a month on androgel.  So.... time to up it some more.  He prescribed me the shot (!) (test cypionate - 200mg/ml and it was a 10 ml vial - FIFTEEN DOLLAR COPAY! will last for 6.6 injections b/c he prescribed 300 mg/shot).  He was very reluctant to go the shot route, and told me that it was schedule II, blah blah, can't do it man, you have to come in once every 3 weeks to get it, to which i tld him no and that's ridiculous and would be more expensive than for me to just stay on androgel.  

So, i called walgreens and asked them about it, cost, copay, everything.  Then i called blue cross and confirmed.  Then I called the dr. back and told him what walgreens pharma told me.  3 hours later I have my little bottle of testosterone and some needles (bleh).  I got my first shot last night, but don't feel anything yet.  He put me on 300 grams every 3 weeks.  I was thinking that I would ask him to change it to 200 every 2 weeks to stabilize it more, but if this doesn't get me into the 800's by next months checkup we are going to up it again.

The shot hurt about as much as a.... actually, it didn't hurt at all.  My wife gave it to me but she thought it was hysterical that I was injecting steroid into my ass.  So, while I'm tryiing to get her to stop laughing, while pulling my boxers down, let's just say it was comical.  This morning, I don't really feel any different than I did yesterday.  But as long as I don't to have to apply that androgel crap every day, this is a big win for me.
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Ahhh.. the much anticipated update (or at least for me).

Went back tuesday, and got the call yesterday afternoon re: test levels.

Mine went from 281 to 440 in a month on androgel.  So.... time to up it some more.  He prescribed me the shot (!) (test cypionate - 200mg/ml and it was a 10 ml vial - FIFTEEN DOLLAR COPAY! will last for 6.6 injections b/c he prescribed 300 mg/shot).  He was very reluctant to go the shot route, and told me that it was schedule II, blah blah, can't do it man, you have to come in once every 3 weeks to get it, to which i tld him no and that's ridiculous and would be more expensive than for me to just stay on androgel.  

So, i called walgreens and asked them about it, cost, copay, everything.  Then i called blue cross and confirmed.  Then I called the dr. back and told him what walgreens pharma told me.  3 hours later I have my little bottle of testosterone and some needles (bleh).  I got my first shot last night, but don't feel anything yet.  He put me on 300 grams every 3 weeks.  I was thinking that I would ask him to change it to 200 every 2 weeks to stabilize it more, but if this doesn't get me into the 800's by next months checkup we are going to up it again.

The shot hurt about as much as a.... actually, it didn't hurt at all.  My wife gave it to me but she thought it was hysterical that I was injecting steroid into my ass.  So, while I'm tryiing to get her to stop laughing, while pulling my boxers down, let's just say it was comical.  This morning, I don't really feel any different than I did yesterday.  But as long as I don't to have to apply that androgel crap every day, this is a big win for me.

If you're getting the shots at home just give it how you want dosage-wise, i.e. take 100mg a week, 200 every two weeks, etc.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#43]
bump
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#44]
no new news from me.  started doing the 200 mg every 2 weeks b/c the 300 mg every 3 weeks was too much of a spike.  shot doesn't hurt at all and is soooo much more convenient than that androgel stuff, PLUS it's 15 bucks every 3 months!
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Are the shots IM (intramuscular) or under the skin (subcutaneous)?
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#46]

Originally Posted By InterestedBystander:

IM

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By InterestedBystander:

IM

Is it possible (or just akward) to self inject IM shots?  I get IM injections for another condition and not sure I would have confidence getting everything postioned and injected correctly at least based on where I get my current shots.  This thread interests me as I brought the possibility of low T up to my doc once before and he mostly dismissed it, but I'm thinking we should revisit it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2009 8:14:19 PM EDT
[#48]
An update on mine:    I think the testosterone shots have knocked my test production to zip and I need to increase my shots.  I have a blood test schedules in a week to see.  But I have been looking at some really hot chicks without a hint of "Boi-youi-youi-youing"
Link Posted: 6/19/2009 8:47:38 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm 45 and have used the shot route about three years ago. This time when I got my blood work back and my T level was really low I decided to try the Androgel. I feel better on the gel than when I was getting an injection once a month. My Urologist said the gel will keep it more balanced out. I am on my second month and feel way better than I did without being on it. Like some posters I also believe that T levels should be checked before a guy is prescribed anti depessants.
Link Posted: 6/19/2009 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#50]
I am on 2 packs of andro gel per day and im 28! Perscription. After a year shooting your self twice a week gets painful and old, the Gel works pretty good
Page / 397
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top