Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2024 10:58:22 PM EDT
Lucas Botkin & John Lovell Discuss Industry Trouble, Changes at T.Rex & Why He Drew His EDC

I know a lot of people hate him, but his interview with John Lovell make him seem like a likeable guy. He discussed his "autism" how he chose work over his wife and how he is working on fixing that now. Just seemed like an every day guy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#1]
In on this dumpster fire
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:19:55 PM EDT
[#2]
He and his company have done more than most for the 2A.

He's good in my books.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:22:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Solid Advocate of the 2A as well as training. He is gtg as far as I am concerned
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:23:10 PM EDT
[#4]
He's not my cup of tea but I love the guy. He connects well with millennials and z and shows guns in a positive light.

He's doing great work. Good content
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:26:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the guy . He puts in effort and has much to show for it . I need to buy one of his holsters. Ive got to check out a few that acquaintances have purchased. They are nice .
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:29:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I think they're both good people
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:31:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I like em both, good guys in my book.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:35:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I will continue to give TRex Arms my money specifically because Lucas Botkin is outspoken and correct in his anti-liberal-vermin and pro-Christian-Nationalism beliefs.

He is exactly the kind of American we need millions more of.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:38:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Lucas isn't bad, but he can be annoying at times. Isaac (his brother) is a cool dude.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:40:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I really like John Lovell. Seems like a genuinely good dude, good Christian, good husband and father, and very knowledgeable. Never really had an issue with Lucas. Like his products and like others have said, he's done a lot more for the 2A than many of his basement dwelling critics here on GD.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:53:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sierra-def:
Lucas isn't bad, but he can be annoying at times. Isaac (his brother) is a cool dude.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:04:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: H60Hdrvr] [#12]
His weapon light holsters are awesome. And to reiterate, solid 2A advocate.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:20:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Riply21:
Solid Advocate of the 2A as well as training. He is gtg as far as I am concerned
View Quote

there is more positive than negative with him and his company and brother.  so any gripes are minor in the scheme of things.  why he gets so much hate is beyond me, maybe jealousy but at arf we seem to hate everything and hate what others hate even more....
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:23:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Both are good dudes. Lovell is surprisingly inexperienced with various firearms for a Ranger and firearms trainer. His first 1911 video was pretty funny.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:25:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Anytime he's brought up on gun related sibreddits, his "homophobia" and super right wing beliefs are the first thing brought up.

That's enough for me to have bought a couple of his holsters.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:26:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Efl15] [#16]
Did Lucas ask John how many rounds he puts in a 30 round AR15 magazine?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:27:12 AM EDT
[#17]
good interview

the Botkins are solid 2A advocates
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:29:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By somedude:

there is more positive than negative with him and his company and brother.  so any gripes are minor in the scheme of things.  why he gets so much hate is beyond me, maybe jealousy but at arf we seem to hate everything and hate what others hate even more....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By somedude:

That part in bold.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:47:05 AM EDT
[#19]
No issues here. Drive on.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:34:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Cobalt-60:
He and his company have done more than most for the 2A.

He's good in my books.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:03:10 AM EDT
[#21]
It is funny how different we perceive things, I made it about 15 minutes before I started to hate them both.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:46:51 AM EDT
[#22]

That part in bold.
View Quote

There are some people who dislike seeing 'civilians' training in kit or giving advice on shooting without having ever 'served'.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:01:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MartinSsempa:

There are some people who dislike seeing 'civilians' training in kit or giving advice on shooting without having ever 'served'.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MartinSsempa:

That part in bold.

Yea, my favorite is when GD shits on them for giving civilians the “line of duty” discount.

Line of duty discount
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:48:14 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

He may be a shithead IRL, but on camera he seems like a decent guy.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:48:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By SV650Squid:
Anytime he's brought up on gun related sibreddits, his "homophobia" and super right wing beliefs are the first thing brought up.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:03:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Switchback_Arms:
I think they're both good people
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:04:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By SV650Squid:

View Quote

Well, Reddit is a gay liberal bug chasing hangout.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:04:57 AM EDT
[#28]
I don't particularly care for Lucas but I've come around to understanding that he's really not for my demographic.

I've ordered from them too.

I do get a little turned off by other companies slobbing their schlong though
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Lucas carries less baggage than most members of this site. He's an alright guy and excellent 2A advocate.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Not only are they strong 2A advocates that actually walk the walk, his brand of showmanship on instagram and youtube brings younger generations into the 2A fold.

I don't care about his personal beliefs, "homophobia," "cult," or whatever shit people will fling at him.

He passes the 2A purity test more than just about anyone and that's all I care about.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV9divUltRs

I know a lot of people hate him, but his interview with John Lovell make him seem like a likeable guy. He discussed his "autism" how he chose work over his wife and how he is working on fixing that now. Just seemed like an every day guy.
View Quote

We had a thread before about him. Nobody hates him and there really isnt anything bad that we can say about him. A lot of us just dont click with him I think me and a bunch of people have the same dislike or more like a disagreement with him on mostly his views of Christianity I think.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Jacon:
Lucas carries less baggage than most members of this site. He's an alright guy and excellent 2A advocate.
View Quote

I dont like the guys cut of the jib but I agree with you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:35:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RadarVectors] [#33]
Tend to like their videos though sometimes they can be a bit much.

Most importantly, they are both solid 2A supports and I very much appreciate the tone taken by TRex arms as of late.

That alone makes them good in my book.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV9divUltRs

View Quote

So I went back and looked at several threads on him here on arf.
Nobody hates him here. Some guys seem to be turned off by his style but no hate.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:51:50 AM EDT
[#35]
What's not to like about those guys?

John's story and philosophy get a lot of respect from me.

Much respect for both of them as successful entrepreneurs, trainers and shooters.

No one is perfect, but from what I've seen, these guys do a lot of good.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#36]
He's becoming more likable as he matures
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#37]
I write off any hate for Lucas that I see as jealousy - people hate that he makes a living doing shit they'd do for fun.
As far as Lovell is concerned, I really don't get the occasional criticism is see of him. He always strikes me as a decent guy.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Agreed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top